Review: taking NyQuil and Paxil together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take NyQuil and Paxil together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between NyQuil and Paxil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 35 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take NyQuil and Paxil >>>
On Mar, 14, 2015: 35 people who take NyQuil, Paxil are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- NyQuil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine)
- Paxil (paroxetine hydrochloride)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||Ventricular Septal Defect||Intraventricular Haemorrhage||Judgement Impaired||n/a||Ventricular Septal Defect||Ventricular Septal Defect|
|Drug Exposure During Pregnancy||Metabolic Acidosis||Liver Disorder||Drug Exposure During Pregnancy||Drug Exposure During Pregnancy|
|Cardiac Murmur||Hypoxia||Ill-defined Disorder||Congenital Anomaly||Cardiac Failure Congestive|
|Cardiac Failure Congestive||Drug Withdrawal Syndrome||Hallucination, Auditory||Coarctation Of The Aorta||Cardiac Murmur|
|Respiratory Distress||Congenital Coronary Artery Malformation||Feeling Abnormal||Respiratory Distress|
|Respiratory Arrest||Pulmonary Valve Incompetence||Multiple Allergies||Respiratory Failure|
|Respiratory Failure||Pulmonary Valve Stenosis||Thinking Abnormal||Cyanosis|
|Pneumonia Primary Atypical||Tricuspid Valve Incompetence||Speech Disorder||Tricuspid Valve Incompetence|
|Psychomotor Skills Impaired||Ventricular Septal Defect||Sleep Disorder||Congenital Anomaly|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Arthritis||Drug Exposure During Pregnancy|
|Trigger Finger||Ventricular Septal Defect|
|Speech Disorder||Cardiac Failure Congestive|
|Thinking Abnormal||Tricuspid Valve Incompetence|
|Sleep Disorder||Respiratory Failure|
|Mental Disorder||Congenital Anomaly|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||n/a||Blood Bicarbonate Decreased||Nervousness||n/a||n/a||Trigger Finger|
|Blood Potassium Decreased||Dysarthria||Pain|
|Blood Glucose Increased||Arthritis|
|Multiple Drug Overdose Intentional|
|Analgesic Drug Level Increased|
|Anion Gap Increased|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of NyQuil and Paxil on
Do you take NyQuil and Paxil?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking NyQuil and Paxil
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Paxil, Clonazepam, Azathioprine, Zorvolex, Humira for a 42-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Diarrhea, Weight Loss
- A study of side effects of Paxil for a 22-year old man with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Can't Climax During Sex
- A study of side effects of Paxil Cr for a 36-year old man with Panic Disorder. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness)
- A study of side effects of NyQuil for a 46-year old woman with Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development)
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin, Cymbalta, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Sr, Paxil, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman with Pain - Muscles, Ocd, Anxiety And Stress, Nerve Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Anxiety Disorder, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Bone And Joint Pain, Cellulitis, Nerve Pain, Muscle Pain
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Nyquil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine) is often used to treat the flu. Paxil (paroxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Nyquil is used in:
- Paxil is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Nyquil alternatives:
- Paxil alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.