Review: Oxycodone and Alprazolam drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Oxycodone and Alprazolam. It is created by eHealthMe based on 5,594 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Oxycodone (latest outcomes from 25,627 users) has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Alprazolam (latest outcomes from 33,544 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
On Feb, 27, 2014: 5,594 people who reported to have interactions when taking Oxycodone, Alprazolam are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Oxycodone (oxycodone hydrochloride)
- Alprazolam (alprazolam)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Oxycodone, Alprazolam:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||931|
|Headache (pain in head)||633|
|Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation)||623|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Oxycodone, Alprazolam:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation)||144|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||97|
|Headache (pain in head)||89|
|Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body)||80|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Oxycodone (oxycodone hydrochloride) is often used to treat pain. Alprazolam (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Oxycodone is used in:
- Alprazolam is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Oxycodone alternatives:
- Alprazolam alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
Always tired. Low T. No motivation. Cracks in fingertips and bottom of feet. Still lots of anxiety. A lot of short term memory loss
Had knee replacement. Have non-union scaphoid fracture. Torn rotator cuff and dislocated shoulder.
I was diagnosed with Herpes Type 2 many years ago, but VERY rarely have an outbreak. Recently, I have had lesions just on the left side of my body, from my lip to my genitals, as well as a very red eye...along with tingling and pain.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Adam tyre: Almost asleep then vibration in ears and paralyzed when taking oxycodone
Sleep paralysis before asleep only when taking oxycodone several times a night a few time a week
- By Herb: Can xarelto cause my blood pressure to elevate
I had a stroke (TIA) TWO MONTHS AGO AND MY DOCTOR PUT ME ON A BLOOD THINNER XARELTO and my blood pressure is always high now. Example 197/112
- By falcore1: Can u use albuterol intravenously like i do adderall
i ran out of adderall,i want to use albuterol instead in my cocktail of oxycodone ir and xanax,will it feel anything close to adderal or rittlin??
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By leeskies: I got acute psychosis from 60mg oxycontin
I hate the new oxys with glue! Thanks to big brother! I got off 25 mg of methadone after 2 years and took oxys for two days then took subutex and was fine. then a few days later I took oxys for ten days straight and when I got off I was in psychosis for 3 weeks and ended up in three mental hospitals ...
- By Isabel: Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
- By mcdonnal: Platelet count decreased in celebrex
I have suffered with back pain since 1952 when I fell 45 feet after accident as tree trimmer. I had lumbar lamenectomy for stenosis, L3, L4 and L5 in 2008, I have had cervical lamenectomy in 1982 for injuries sustained as a Police Officer, have suffered other injuries in career which contributed to ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Testosterone Cypionate, Lipitor, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Fentanyl-12, Oxycodone, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Xanax, Ambien for a patient with Low Testosterone, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Restless Leg Syndrome, Pain - Back And Legs, Offset Cymbalta Low Libido Effect, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Insomnia.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Ibuprofen, Alprazolam, Clonazepam, Gabapentin, Cymbalta, Oxycodone for a patient with Md Ordered, Labs Low, Md Ordered, Energy Increased, Bone Pain, Panic Attacks, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Leg Pain, Depression, Pain - Shoulder. The patient has White Blood Cells Urine Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Nabumetone, Probiotics, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, Xanax, Estradiol, Soma, Wellbutrin Xl, Zoloft for a patient with Chronic Pain, Nausea In The Morning - Females, Insomnia, Anxiety, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Muscle Spasms, Depression. The patient has Acne, Eye Redness, Headache, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension (Stress and anxiety), Herpes Virus Infection, Chronic Pain, Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.