Review: taking Oxycontin and NyQuil together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Oxycontin and NyQuil together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Oxycontin and NyQuil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Oxycontin and NyQuil >>>
On Mar, 27, 2015: 12 people who take Oxycontin, NyQuil are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Oxycontin (oxycodone hydrochloride)
- NyQuil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Vision Blurred||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Influenza Like Illness|
|Lack Of Spontaneous Speech||Vomiting|
|Injury||Body Temperature Increased|
|Road Traffic Accident|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Influenza Like Illness||Vomiting|
|Unresponsive To Stimuli||Pain|
|Cell Death||Body Temperature Increased|
|Drug Level Increased||Feeling Abnormal|
|Pyelonephritis Chronic||Influenza Like Illness|
|Electrocardiogram Qt Prolonged||Road Traffic Accident|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||n/a||Lethargy||n/a||Multiple Drug Overdose||Unresponsive To Stimuli||Somnolence|
|Rectal Haemorrhage||Heart Rate Increased||Lobar Pneumonia||Multiple Drug Overdose|
|Abdominal Pain Upper||Muscle Cramp||Influenza Like Illness||Dysarthria|
|Body Temperature Increased||Nausea||Cell Death|
|Nasal Congestion||Pain||Acute Respiratory Failure|
|Vomiting||Heart Rate Decreased||Drug Level Increased|
|Pyrexia||Drug Withdrawal Syndrome||Pyelonephritis Chronic|
|Fatigue||Body Temperature Increased||Pneumonia Pneumococcal|
|Pain||Blood Pressure Decreased||Arrhythmia|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Oxycontin and NyQuil?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Oxycontin and NyQuil
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a 52-year old man with Chronic Pain. The patient has Back Pain Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycontin, Nardil for a 65-year old man with Pain - Back, Depression Suicidal. The patient has Depression
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a 48-year old man with Pain. The patient has Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Oxycontin (oxycodone hydrochloride) is often used to treat pain. Nyquil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine) is often used to treat the flu. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Oxycontin is used in:
- Nyquil is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Oxycontin alternatives:
- Nyquil alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.