From FDA reports: drug interactions between Percocet and Lasix
This is a real world study of Percocet and Lasix drug interactions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 4,027 reports from FDA.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
What are the drugs
Percocet has active ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride. It is used in pain, back pain - low, back pain, surgery, fibromyalgia, pain in extremity.
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is used in fluid retention, swelling, heart failure, high blood pressure, foot, leg, and ankle swelling, diuretic effect.
On Jun, 5, 2013: 4,027 people who reported to have interactions when taking Percocet, Lasix are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Percocet (acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride)
- Lasix (furosemide)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Percocet, Lasix:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|8||Cardiac Failure Congestive||562|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Percocet, Lasix:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|2||Deep Vein Thrombosis||14|
|6||Cardiac Failure Congestive||5|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma
- Diabetes mellitus
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Potassium chloride
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Percocet (acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride) is often used to treat pain. Lasix (furosemide) is often used to treat fluid retention. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Percocet is used in:
- Lasix is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Percocet alternatives:
- Lasix alternatives:
Related personalized Q&As (what is this?):
- I take 70 mg of lantus and this is the second time i have had major cramping. the first time i had to be taken to the hospital emergency room. i would like to know if lantus can cause this major cramp
(for a 63 year old woman who has Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Diabetic Neuropathy, Morbid Obesity, COPD, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, and takes Lantus, Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Furosemide, Amlodipine)
On two separate occasions after taking Lantus Insulin I have experienced terrible cramping all over my body (and on several occasions minor cramping). It generally starts with my hands or feet. My thumbs begin to turn inward and/or my toes splay. My calves, thighs, hips, and the base of my back prod ...
- Can atenolol cramp muscles and cause severe anxiety with physical and mental pain?
(for a 56 year old woman who has Fast Heart Rate , and takes Elavil, Percocet, Atenolol)
Was taken elavil for "pain" management then prescribed atenolol for fast heart rate (which I find out the elavil caused )..the atenolol was an absolute painful nightmare. It made me physically and mentally very ill. Went to ER for muscle cramping,dizziness,body ache from the inside out,anxiety,agi ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Reclast, Pravachol, Lisinopril, Lasix, Zetia, Coreg, Cipro, Percocet for a patient with Osteoporosis. The patient has Back Pain, C-reactive Protein Increased, Pain, Synovitis, Blood Creatinine Increased, Arthralgia (Joint pain), Red Blood Cell Sedimentation Rate Increased, Arthritis, Fall
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Clonazepam, Fluconazole, Hydrochlorothiazide, Miralax, Insulin, Morphine, Ibuprofen, Klonopin, Roxicet, Bupropion Hcl, Hydromorphone Hcl, Cyclobenzaprine, Naproxen, Percocet, Drospirenone And Ethinyl Estradiol, Milk Of Magnesia Tab, Novolog, Furosemide, Norethindrone, Protonix, Toprol-xl, Fleets, Micatin, Colace, Celexa, Lantus, Provera for a patient with Constipation, Diabetes Mellitus, Pain. The patient has Deep Vein Thrombosis (Deep venous thrombosis), Pulmonary Embolism
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Mirtazapine, Percocet, Morphine, Forteo, Warfarin Sodium, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Norco, Potassium Acetate, Methotrexate, Furosemide for a patient with Osteoporosis. The patient has Mobility Decreased, Vascular Insufficiency, Limb Injury, Injection Site Injury, Hip Fracture, Fall, Myocardial Infarction (Heart attack), Weight Decreased, Body Height Decreased, Arterial Occlusive Disease, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- A study of drug interactions between Diovan, Cymbalta, Potassium Acetate, Lasix, Actos, Clonazepam, Fish Oil, Vitamin B-12, Pletal, Allopurinol, Cinnamin, Garlique, Levemir, Calcium Carbonate, Tricor, Percocet, Lyrica, Niacin, Glucotrol Xl, Ascorbic Acid, Spironolactone, Premarin, Celebrex, Detrol La, Lipitor, Janumet, Lexiscan, Multi-vitamins, Aspirin for a patient with Cardiac Stress Test Abnormal, Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Off Label Use, Pulmonary Oedema, Myocardial Ischaemia, Platelet Count Increased, Cardiac Arrest, Respiratory Arrest (Breathing - slowed or stopped), Dyspnoea (Breathing difficulty), Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine, Minocycline Hcl, Ambien, Oxygen, Prochlorperazine, Morphine Sulfate, Milk Of Magnesia Tab, Omeprazole, Allopurinol, Potassium Acetate, Percocet, Lasix, Polyethylene Glycol, Revlimid, Baclofen, Amlodipine, Benadryl, Zyrtec, Propranolol, Velcade for a patient with Multiple Myeloma. The patient has Deep Vein Thrombosis (Deep venous thrombosis), Pulmonary Embolism
- A study of drug interactions between Treanda, Rituximab, Lorazepam, Omeprazole, Tylox, Ondansetron, Genistein, Colecalciferol, Furosemide, Metoprolol Succinate, Allopurinol, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Acyclovir, Zinc Sulfate, Levothyroxine, Prochlorperazine Maleate, Potassium Chloride, Loperamide, Ibuprofen, Arbutamine Hydrochloride for a patient with Non-hodgkin's Lymphoma. The patient has Pancytopenia, Hypotension
- A study of drug interactions between Senna-mint Waf, Acetaminophen, Tramadol Hcl, Klor-con, Amlodipine, Revlimid, Oxycodone Hcl, Omeprazole, Aspirin for a patient with Multiple Myeloma. The patient has Oedema Peripheral, Renal Failure Acute, Pancytopenia, Patella Fracture, Clostridium Difficile Colitis, Nasopharyngitis
- A study of drug interactions between Duoneb, Revatio, Protonix, Prednisone Tab, Potassium, Percocet, Lasix, Zaroxolyn, Diltiazem, Pradaxa for a patient with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Pulmonary Hypertension, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Supplementation Therapy, Back Pain, Cardiac Failure Congestive, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage
- A study of drug interactions between Pradaxa, Naprosyn, Combivent, Percocet, Synthroid, Metolazone, Albuterol Sulate, Pravastatin Sodium, Omeprazole, Symbicort, Oxygen, Multaq, Xanax, Diltiazem Hcl, Ferrous Sulfate Tab, Furosemide, Norvasc, Flexeril, Multi-vitamin, Zoloft, Nitrostat, Duoneb, Aldactone, Aspirin for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Asthma, Pain, Hypothyroidism, Oedema, Hypercholesterolaemia, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Cerebrovascular Accident Prophylaxis, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. The patient has Haematuria, Nephrolithiasis (Kidney stones), Lung Infection
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Lortab, Revlimid, Oxycontin, Peridex, Acetylcysteine, Neostigmine Methylsulfate, Neurontin, Effexor, Keppra, Unasyn, Venlafaxine Hcl, Dalteparin Sodium, Lovenox, Keflex, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Thalidomide, Warfarin Sodium, Droperidol, Flexeril, Zometa, Velcade, Zolpidem, Clindamycin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Aranesp, Insulin, Zosyn, Midazolam Hcl, Fentanyl Citrate, Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate, Cefazolin Sodium, Coreg, Famotidine, Lisinopril, Lasix, Percocet, Fludrocortisone Acetate, Metronidazole, Etomidate for a patient with Multiple Myeloma, Bone Disorder. The patient has Cardiac Failure Congestive, Emotional Distress, Breath Odour, Rib Fracture, Bone Neoplasm Malignant, Cardiomyopathy, Somnolence (Drowsiness), Bacterial Infection, Bradycardia (Arrhythmias), Cushingoid, Faecal Incontinence, Coronary Artery Disease (Coronary heart disease), Osteoradionecrosis, Osteoarthritis, Synovial Cyst, Oedema Peripheral, Deep Vein Thrombosis (Deep venous thrombosis), Diastolic Dysfunction, Pleural Effusion, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Osteosclerosis, Hypotension, Dyspnoea (Breathing difficulty), Pain, Osteolysis, Pulmonary Oedema, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Emphysema, Azotaemia, Skin Ulcer, Loss Of Consciousness, Injury, Osteomyelitis Acute, Atelectasis, Anaemia, Neuropathy Peripheral, Mitral Valve Incompetence, Haematoma, Intervertebral Disc Disorder, Back Pain, Essential Thrombocythaemia, Meningioma, Depression, Renal Atrophy, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Metabolic Encephalopathy, Intervertebral Disc Degeneration, Physical Disability, Dental Caries, Plasmacytoma, Urinary Tract Infection, Hypertension (High blood pressure), Nerve Root Compression, Paraesthesia, Haemangioma, Metastases To Spine, Intervertebral Disc Protrusion, Sepsis, Bence Jones Proteinuria, Death, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Infection, Deformity, Jaw Fracture, Tooth Loss, Loose Tooth, Abscess Jaw, Multiple Myeloma, Dehydration, Renal Failure Chronic, Tibia Fracture, Bone Deformity, Abdominal Pain, Neck Injury, Syncope (Fainting), Osteonecrosis Of Jaw, Exposed Bone In Jaw, Mastication Disorder, Bone Lesion, Hypoxia, Convulsion, Peripheral Vascular Disorder, Respiratory Failure (Respiratory acidosis), Kyphosis, Fatigue, Pneumonia, Compression Fracture, Cellulitis, Left Ventricular Hypertrophy, Tricuspid Valve Incompetence, Blood Immunoglobulin G Decreased, Nasal Polyps, Chronic Sinusitis (Sinusitis - chronic), Clostridial Infection, Mental Status Changes, Thrombocytopenia, Lymphadenopathy (Lymph follicular hypertrophy), Clostridium Difficile Colitis, Hypocalcaemia, Head Injury
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Losartan Potassium, Diclofenac Potassium, Lipitor for a 66-year old man who has High Blood Pressure, Arthritis , Plaque Buildup - Arteries (6 minutes ago)
- Remicade for a 66-year old woman who has Ankylosing Spondylitis (33 minutes ago)
- Fluoxetine, Lamictal for a 56-year old woman who has Depression, Bipolar 2 (41 minutes ago)
- Velcade for a 60-year old man who has Multiple Meyleoma (1 hour ago)
- Hydrea for a 62-year old man who has Polycythemia Vera (2 hours ago)
- Levothyroxine Sodium, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Furosemide, Metoprolol Succinate for a 71-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Hypertension, Fluid Retention, PVC's Tachycardia (2 hours ago)
- Suprax for a 26-year old woman who has Typhoid Fever (2 hours ago)
- Clomid for a 31-year old woman who has Anovulatory Cycle (3 hours ago)
- Zolpidem, Crestor, , Axiron for a 58-year old man who has Cant Sleep, High Cholesterol, Low Thyroid, Low Testosterone (3 hours ago)
- Yasmin, Vitamins, Alprazolam for a 32-year old woman who has PMS, Fatigue, Anxiety (3 hours ago)