From FDA reports: drug interactions between Prevacid and Hydrochlorothiazide
This is a real world study of Prevacid and Hydrochlorothiazide drug interactions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 2,174 reports from FDA.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: a drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question? On eHealthMe, we invite your personal health network to answer your question. Start now
What are the drugs
Prevacid has active ingredients of lansoprazole. It is used in gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastric ulcer, gastroesophageal reflux in infants, gastritis, reflux gastritis, indigestion.
Hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is used in high blood pressure, fluid retention, swelling, foot, leg, and ankle swelling, diuretic effect, diuretic therapy.
On Jun, 8, 2013: 2,174 people who reported to have interactions when taking Prevacid, Hydrochlorothiazide are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Prevacid (lansoprazole)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (hydrochlorothiazide)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Prevacid, Hydrochlorothiazide:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|10||Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease||142|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Prevacid, Hydrochlorothiazide:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|2||Deep Vein Thrombosis||16|
|4||Blood Glucose Increased||7|
|5||Pain In Extremity||6|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Prevacid (lansoprazole) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Hydrochlorothiazide (hydrochlorothiazide) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Prevacid is used in:
- Hydrochlorothiazide is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Prevacid alternatives:
- Hydrochlorothiazide alternatives:
Related personalized Q&As (what is this?):
- Has taking prevacid caused me to have gall bladder pain
(for a 71 year old man who has Gallbladder Pain, and takes Prevacid)
Have taken Prevacid for 1 month. Sever Pain in right side unable to get comfortable. Not kidney stone. Doc did Urine test, clear. Today I did not take a Prevacid & pain is receding rapidly. Ultrasound scheduled for Monday.
(Members of the personal health network: 374)
- Is there anything i can take for sunblock while taking hydroclorothizide?
(for a 57 year old man who has Red Itchy Rash That Develops From The Sun Using Sunblock And Taking Hydrochlorothiazide, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Requip, Carvedilol, Gabapentin, Zolpidem Tartrate)
I develop a red itchy rash while in the sun using sunblock and taking Hydro. I would like to have some sort of protection from the sun , as I tend to be outside a lot. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks!
(Members of the personal health network: 3,329)
- Is it safe to take verapamil, clariyhromycin, flagyl and prilosec at the same time?
(for a 66 year old woman who has High Blood Pressure, Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (PSVT), and takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Verapamil Hydrochloride)
I have been diagnosed with h pylori and was prescribed clarithromycin, flagyl and prilosec for 2 weeks. I have read that this treatment is very difficult. I am worried about mixing these drugs with the verapamil and hydrochlorothiazide. Not sure what to do. Has anyone had this problem.
(Members of the personal health network: 6,735)
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Enalapril Maleate, Lipitor, Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Prevacid, Atenolol, Xanax, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prednisone for a patient with Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety Disorder, Bronchitis Viral. The patient has Heart Rate Irregular, Sleeplessness (Insomnia)
- A study of drug interactions between Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Ramipril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lansoprazole for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, Hypertension, Gerd. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)
- A study of drug interactions between Estrace, Premarin, Keflex, Vivelle, Estraderm, Lantus, Lyrica, Prozac, Neurontin, Glucophage, Lipitor, Prinivil, Metfformin Hydrochloride, Amaryl, Hydrochlorothiazide, Wellbutrin Sr, Prevacid, Prempro, Synthroid for a patient with Menopause. The patient has Mammogram Abnormal, Mastectomy, Breast Cancer, Biopsy, Oestrogen Receptor Assay Positive, Breast Mass (Breast lump), Hot Flush, Smear Cervix Abnormal, Lymphoedema
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin Hcl, Crestor, Prevacid, Toprol-xl, Levothroid, Hydrochlorothiazide, Protonix, Avandia for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Myocardial Infarction (Heart attack), Coronary Artery Disease (Coronary heart disease), Cardiovascular Disorder (Heart disease)
- A study of drug interactions between Zonisamide, Seroquel, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lotrel, Depakote Er, Vitamin D, Calcium Carbonate, Risperdal, Lamictal, Prevacid, Xanax for a patient with Affective Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Blood Pressure, Bipolar I Disorder, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Amnesia (Memory loss), Tooth Abscess, Sedation, Bipolar Disorder, Hallucination (Hallucinations), Vitamin D Decreased, Drug Dose Omission, Hypertension (High blood pressure), Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Confusional State, Therapeutic Response Unexpected, Mania, Dyspepsia (Indigestion), Weight Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Zolpidem Tartrate, Vicodin, Hyzaar, Aspirin for a patient with Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease. The patient has Accident At Work, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Arthralgia (Joint pain), Joint Injury, Depression, Pain, Oral Infection, Cough, Emotional Distress, Tooth Abscess, Osteoporosis, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Multiple Fractures, Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting), Hypovitaminosis, Rib Fracture
- A study of drug interactions between Pegasys, Ribavirin, Incivek, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prevacid, Hydroxyzine Hcl for a patient with Hepatitis C. The patient has Rash Generalised (Rashes), Pruritus (Itching)
- A study of drug interactions between Lodine, Glipizide, Metformin Hcl, Captopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Celebrex, Prevacid, Avandia for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Transient Ischaemic Attack, Myocardial Infarction (Heart attack), Cardiac Failure, Ventricular Tachycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Risperdal, Paroxetine Hcl, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Magnesium Oxide, Ranitidine Hcl, Trazodone Hcl, Bupropion Hcl, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Pravastatin Sodium, Mirtazapine, Clonazepam, Hydrochlorothiazide, Zetia, Nexium, Haldol, Potassium Chloride, Prevacid, Multi-vitamin, Hydrocodone, Thiamine, Docusate Sodium, Serzone, Fluoxetine, Fexofenadine Hcl, Methadone Hcl, Insulin, Aspirin for a patient with Depression, Hypomagnesaemia, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Schizophrenia, Gastrointestinal Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety, Bipolar I Disorder, Pain, Agitation, Affective Disorder, Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Hyperglycaemia (Hyperglycemia), Delirium, Diabetes Mellitus (Diabetes), Renal Disorder, Hypomagnesaemia, Dementia, Nausea, Diabetic Hyperosmolar Coma, Pancreatitis, Multi-organ Failure, Brain Injury (Head injury), Hepatic Failure, Pleural Effusion, Localised Intraabdominal Fluid Collection, Pyrexia (Fever), Hyperlipidaemia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (Type 2 diabetes), Pancreatitis Acute, Blood Potassium Decreased, Electrolyte Imbalance, Hyponatraemia (Hyponatremia), Ischaemia, Metabolic Acidosis, Respiratory Failure (Respiratory acidosis), Pelvic Fluid Collection, Pneumonia, Diabetic Neuropathy, Hyperglycaemic Seizure, Renal Failure Acute, Renal Tubular Necrosis, Pericarditis, Pulmonary Oedema, Blood Glucose, Blood Creatinine Increased, Encephalopathy, Diabetic Coma (Diabetic ketoacidosis), Myocardial Infarction (Heart attack), Cardiac Arrest, Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting), Hypercholesterolaemia (High Blood Cholesterol)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Testosterone for a 29-year old woman who has Low Testosterone (7 minutes ago)
- Zoloft for a 22-year old man who has Depression (27 minutes ago)
- Zanaflex for a 55-year old man who has Muscle Spasms (57 minutes ago)
- Tramadol for a 37-year old woman who has Sacroiliitis (1 hour ago)
- Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 59-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism (2 hours ago)
- Simvastatin, HCTZ for a 58-year old woman who has High Cholestoral, High Blood Pressure (2 hours ago)
- Prozac for a 47-year old woman who has Depression (2 hours ago)
- Seroquel for a 37-year old woman who has Insomnia (2 hours ago)
- Atarax, Zoloft for a 27-year old woman who has Panic Attack, Depression (2 hours ago)
- Zoloft, Spironolactone, Metformin, Seasonique for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) (3 hours ago)