Drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride and Milk Thistle
This is a real world study of Propranolol Hydrochloride and Milk Thistle drug interactions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 17 reports from FDA.
Do you have chronic disease and take multiple drugs? eHealthMe can monitor your drugs and notify you when there are serious drug reactions detected. Our original studies have been used on premier medical publications. The monitor will be personalized to your gender and age. Start now
What are the drugs
Propranolol hydrochloride has active ingredients of propranolol hydrochloride. It is used in stress and anxiety, migraine, high blood pressure, tremor, essential tremor, heart palpitations.
Milk thistle has active ingredients of milk thistle. It is used in liver function test abnormal, liver fatty.
On May, 1, 2013: 17 people who reported to have interactions when taking Milk Thistle, Propranolol Hydrochloride are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Milk Thistle (milk thistle)
- Propranolol Hydrochloride (propranolol hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Milk Thistle, Propranolol Hydrochloride:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|5||Upper Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage||3|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Milk Thistle, Propranolol Hydrochloride:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hepatic cirrhosis
- Hepatitis c
- Hepatic neoplasm malignant
- Diabetes mellitus
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- get notified of updates of this study
- let eHealthMe monitor your drugs
- post a comment
- get our mobile app: never miss a symptom, compare it with patients like me in real time, and discuss it with doctors later
- still have questions? Check any related studies below
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Propranolol Hydrochloride (propranolol hydrochloride) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Milk Thistle (milk thistle) is often used to treat liver function test abnormal. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Propranolol hydrochloride is used in:
- Milk thistle is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Propranolol hydrochloride alternatives:
- Milk thistle alternatives:
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Rythmol Sr, Oscal, Alpha-lipoic Acid, Milk Thistle, Multi-vitamin, Glucosamine Chondroitin, Fish Oil, Medroxyprogesterone, Spironolactone, Aspirin, Propranolol, Estradiol, Warfarin, Primidone, Methyldopa for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Nausea, Muscle Spasms, Fatigue, Dyspnoea (Breathing difficulty), Dry Mouth, Chills, Cardiac Flutter, Asthenia (Weakness), Arthralgia (Joint pain), Abdominal Distension
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol, Captopril, Legalon, Amitriptyline, Lyrica, Puran T4 for a patient with Hypertension, Hepatic Steatosis, Depression, Hypothyroidism, Polyneuropathy. The patient has Thrombocytopenia, Prothrombin Time Shortened, Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Milk Thistle, Albuterol Sulfate, Depakote Er, Fish Oil, Clozapine, Yaz, Rantidine, Inderal, Centrum Silver, Vitamin C, Zyprexa for a patient with Schizoaffective Disorder. The patient has Antipsychotic Drug Level Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Ursodeoxycholic Acid, Lasix, Legalon, Aldactone, Hepsera, Bearse, Zeffix, Livact for a patient with Hepatitis B. The patient has Splenomegaly, Pyrexia (Fever), Poikilocytosis, Pancytopenia, Marrow Hyperplasia, Hepatic Neoplasm, Bone Marrow Failure, Ascites, Anisocytosis
- A study of drug interactions between Ursodeoxycholic Acid, Lasix, Legalon, Aldactone, Propranolol, Bearse, Zeffix, Livact, Hepsera for a patient with Hepatitis B. The patient has Pyrexia (Fever), Pancytopenia, Hepatic Neoplasm
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.