Review: Red Valerian and Hawthorn
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Red Valerian and Hawthorn. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
What are the drugs
Red valerian (latest outcomes) has active ingredients of red - spur valerian.
Hawthorn (latest outcomes from 54 users) has active ingredients of hawthorn.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 1 people who take Red Valerian, Hawthorn is studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Red Valerian (red - spur valerian)
- Hawthorn (hawthorn)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Low Turnover Osteopathy|
|Blood Cholesterol Increased|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Red Valerian and Hawthorn?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Red Valerian and Hawthorn
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Red Valerian and Hawthorn
- support group for people who take Hawthorn
- support group for people who take Red Valerian
Latest outcomes in real world:
- Hawthorn reported by 54 people (updated 4 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Vitamin K, Vitamin D, Calcium, Japanese Knotweed, Crataegus Oxyacantha, Cinnamon, Garlic, Vitamin E, Omega-3, L-Carnitine Tartrate, CoQ10, Flecainide Acetate, Montelukast Sodium, Ventolin, Qvar 80 for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, Heart Disease, Aging Changes In The Bones - Muscles - Joints, Health, Arrhythmia, Asthma Exacerbation Prophylaxis, Asthmatic Crisis. The patient has Arrhythmia, Heart Palpitations, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Breathlessness
Comments: Asthma seems mostly under good control. Taking flecainide for pVC's ...frequent. 10,000 daily.and LBBB and reduced ejection to 47% .
- A study of side effects of Hawthorn for a patient with Blood Pressure. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Comments: BP med caused gout. Nothing has helped gout or BP as much as the black cherry and Hawthorn. Problem: I developed Achilles Tendonitis and been battling it for 9 months. I'm now in a boot cast and wondering if the Black Cherry or Hawthorne may have caused the tendonitis.
- A study of drug interactions between Gymnema Sylvestre, Vitex, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Vanadyl, Ubiquinol, Vitamin E, Taurine, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Magnesium Malate, Magnesium Citrate, Hawthorn, Folic Acid, Fish Oil, Chromium Polynicotinate, Calcium Citrate, Methylcobalamin, Boron, Bilberry, B Complex Vitamin, Clopidogrel, Armour Thyroid, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Diovan, Glimepiride, Levemir Flexpen for a patient with Supplementation Therapy, Blood Thinner, Hypothyroidism, Angina, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Abdominal Pain Aggravated
Comments: I think the Levemir has caused me to have pancreatitis. I have very intense left side front abdomial pain and left side back pain. I take Hawthorn, folic acid, calcium, taurine, especially to lower my blood pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Niacin, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Hawthorn, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Stress, Ace Levels, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Chest Discomfort, Congested Nose, Nausea, Pain - Ear, Numbness And Tingling, Facial Neuralgia, Vertigo, Visual Disturbance
Comments: I had a dental implant on tooth #13. It was painful from day one. I had it removed a year and a half later. Two months prior to removal I couldn't see straight while driving. feels like a roller coaster. cant take turns. thought I was having a heart attack. doc tried to put me on antidepressant. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Hawthorn, Enalapril Maleate for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Comments: I am now mostly 140/90 on 20mg enalapril but since using hawthorn I am 135/78 only using one capsule per day also found out I got osterprosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.