Review: Renvela and Phoslo
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Renvela and Phoslo. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 84 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Renvela and Phoslo >>>
What are the drugs
Renvela (latest outcomes from 776 users) has active ingredients of sevelamer carbonate. It is often used in hyperphosphataemia.
Phoslo (latest outcomes from 2,952 users) has active ingredients of calcium acetate. It is often used in blood phosphorus increased.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 84 people who take Renvela, Phoslo are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Renvela (sevelamer carbonate)
- Phoslo (calcium acetate)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Exfoliative Rash||Premature Labour||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis|
|Twin Pregnancy||Skin Tightness|
|Drug Exposure During Pregnancy||Skin Hypertrophy|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Pain In Extremity||Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis|
|Musculoskeletal Stiffness||Skin Tightness|
|Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis||Skin Hypertrophy|
|Skin Tightness||Dry Skin|
|Skin Induration||Oedema Peripheral|
|Skin Hyperpigmentation||Joint Range Of Motion Decreased|
|Skin Plaque||Rash Papular|
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||n/a||Scotoma||Muscle Spasticity||Pain||Drug Ineffective||Dyspnoea|
|Vision Blurred||Hypoaesthesia||Skin Induration||Hernia||Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis|
|Gait Disturbance||Skin Fibrosis||Respiratory Arrest||Skin Hypertrophy|
|Muscular Weakness||Skin Tightness||Fatigue||Skin Tightness|
|Skin Tightness||Skin Hyperpigmentation||Oedema Peripheral||Tracheobronchitis|
|Joint Range Of Motion Decreased||Extremity Contracture||Skin Tightness||Angioplasty|
|Musculoskeletal Pain||Pruritus||Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis||Death|
|Anhedonia||Skin Plaque||General Physical Health Deterioration||Skin Discolouration|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Renvela and Phoslo?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Renvela and Phoslo
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Renvela and Phoslo
- support group for people who take Phoslo
- support group for people who take Renvela
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Renvela and nightmares
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has ESRD, and takes Renvela)
Pt had an increase in her dosage for Renvela. Her nightmares returned. She stopped taking over the weekend and her nightmares stopped as well
Complete drug side effects:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Clobetasol Propionate, Calcium Acetate, Lysine, B Complex Vitamin, Fish Oil, Melatonin, Benadryl, Naprosyn, Klonopin, Doxycycline Hyclate, Methadone Hydrochloride, Prilosec for a patient with Porphyria, Osteoporosis, Metabolism, Energy Preservation, Inflammation, Sleep Aid, Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Pain Management, Gerd. The patient has Pelvic Discomfort, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Anxiety Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Pseudoporphyria, Arthritis, Trigeminal Nerve Injection, Facial Nerve Disorder
Comments: Left side facial nerve pain caused by enlarged cheekbone pressing on 5th cranial nerve. Trigeminal 2 added to diagnoses likely due to procedures performed to lessen 5th cranial nerve pain.. Recent diagnoses of pseudoporphyria. No auto immune testing done as of yet. Constipation coinciding with por ...
- A study of side effects of Calcium Acetate for a patient with Bone Cyst. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)
Comments: I took the calcium acetate (4g or 520mg Calcium) for about 1 week and then developed severe nausea, dry mouth and atrial fibrillation, which required an ER visit. The nausea lasted at a low level for a week following the eopisode. I stopped the calcium immediately. I think the calcium acetate was th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Renvela, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Calcitriol, Sensipar, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Abilify, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Ondansetron Hydrochloride for a patient with Pulse, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Duodenogastric Reflux, Cholesterol, Vitamin D Deficiency, Parathyroid Cancer, Antidepressant, Antipsychotic, Anti Anxiety, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Vomiting Nausea And Diarrhea
Comments: I have had vomiting diarrhea and nausea ever since I started taking abilify. I am taking immodium and ondanesetron for diarrhea and nausea and vomiting. I like the effect of abilify on my mood and don't want to change the drug.
- A study of drug interactions between Mobic, Synthroid, Atenolol, Boniva, Allegra, Prilosec, Calcium Acetate, Zoloft, Lipitor for a patient with Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure, Bone Density Decreased, Allergen, Gerd, Osteoarthritis, Depression, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Fatigue Aggravated, Fibromyalgia, Weight Gain, Lower Blood Pressure, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Hot Flushes Aggravated
Comments: diagnoised with fibromyalgia.....have weight gain despite no change in diet and still exercise...extreme fatigue and hot flashes...all started after 3 years menopausal...i am 61 yrs. old.....have gone 5 yrs. with all kinds of symptons and put on all types of meds...like a trial and error...only to f ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Acetate, Folic Acid, Humira, Methotrexate Lpf for a patient with Arthritis - Psoriatic. The patient has Tonsillitis Streptococcal
Comments: I keep getting tonsillitis. i have had a severe bout of it four times within a month and a half, previously it was approx 6 months. the symptoms arrive on the day my humira is due so i cant take it. Great skin and joint relief from humira.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.