Review: Symbicort and Tylenol drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Symbicort and Tylenol. It is created by eHealthMe based on 632 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Symbicort (latest outcomes from 21,330 users) has active ingredients of budesonide; formoterol fumarate dihydrate. It is often used in asthma.
Tylenol (latest outcomes from 55,538 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is often used in pain.
On Mar, 3, 2014: 632 people who reported to have interactions when taking Symbicort, Tylenol are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Symbicort (budesonide; formoterol fumarate dihydrate)
- Tylenol (acetaminophen)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Symbicort, Tylenol:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||148|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||55|
|Headache (pain in head)||33|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||33|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Symbicort, Tylenol:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Cholangitis (infection of the bile duct)||4|
|Pancreatic Carcinoma (pancreatic cancer)||4|
|Metastases To Liver (cancer spreads to liver)||2|
|Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells)||1|
|Alanine Aminotransferase Increased||1|
|General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status)||1|
|Performance Status Decreased||1|
|Hypertension Nos (high blood pressure)||1|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Symbicort (budesonide; formoterol fumarate dihydrate) is often used to treat asthma. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Symbicort is used in:
- Tylenol is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Symbicort alternatives:
- Tylenol alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
Eccymoses on the hand. Also playing video games.
Past distal injuries returning with increased pressure symptoms. Eye pain with movement. Increased pressure and pain with neck movement. Connective tissue disease - Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.
what of these drugs cause hyperventilation?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Side effects from symbicort
chest discomfort and some lightheadesness between 1-3pm just about everyday, I take symbicort at 7am and 5pm everyday
- My ige in november was 1712, i have been diagnosed with late onset asthma, i get breathless at the slightest exertion e.g. waking to bathroom and back into bed; my iron levels are low
I have late onset asthma, told two weeks ago that my iron levels are low, IgE of 1712 (Nov 2013), get breathless with little exertion (e.g. going to toilet and back into bed), I lose concentration easily. In August 2013 I lost my sense of smell, but I have been checked by ENT - no blockages. So what ...
- Mantle cell lymphoma
My husband suffered from headaches and took tylenol several days a week, and a couple of times a day. He passed away from Mantle Cell Lymphoma at the age of 54 in 2010. Where did you get your statistics? Did you survey survivors and family members of people who passed away from Mantle Cell Lympho ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Phenylephrine Hydrochloride, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Tylenol, Symbicort for a patient with Sinusitis, Sinus Pain, Asthma. The patient has Ecchymosis
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Zyrtec, Fluconazole, Lansoprazole, Miralax, Lidoderm, Cardizem, Fioricet, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Relpax, Tylenol, Enbrel, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex Hfa, Xopenex, Singulair, Oxycodone, Baclofen, Aygestin, Vitamin D for a patient with Allergic Reactions, Allergic Sinusitis, Gerd, Constipation, Pain Management, Hypertension, Migraine With Aura, Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Dry Eye, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Endometriosis, Vitamin D Deficiency. The patient has Single Digit Swelling From.past Injury, Vertigo Positional, Nerve Pain (Neuralgia), Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Pain, Constipation, Passed Out (Fainting), Drowsiness, Fatigue, Interruption Of Aortic Arch, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure), Pressure Sore, Vision Blurred, Diastolic Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Singulair, Symbicort, Spiriva, Atrovent, Albuterol Sulfate, Tylenol, Ultram for a patient with Copd, Pain.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.