Review: Synthroid and Milk Thistle
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Synthroid and Milk Thistle. It is created by eHealthMe based on 97 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
On Apr, 7, 2014: 97 people who reported to have interactions when taking Synthroid, Milk Thistle are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium)
- Milk Thistle (milk thistle)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Synthroid, Milk Thistle:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||60|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||60|
|Pruritus (severe itching of the skin)||39|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||32|
|Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx)||24|
|Myelodysplastic Syndrome (a group of conditions that occur when the blood-forming cells in the bone marrow are damaged)||24|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Synthroid, Milk Thistle:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Urinary Tract Infection||4|
|Haemolytic Anaemia (anaemia due to haemolysis)||4|
|Low Platelet Count (decrease of platelets in blood)||3|
|Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition (excessive, uncontrollable, unexplained and often irrational worry)||3|
|Degenerative Spinal Disease, Spondylosis||2|
|Hemochromatosis (a hereditary disorder in which iron salts are deposited in the tissues)||2|
|Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body)||2|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Medical diet
- Hepatitis c
- Mantle cell lymphoma
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d
- Fish oil
- Vitamin e
- Ascorbic acid
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
If the study doesn't answer your question, you can:
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used to treat hypothyroidism. Milk Thistle (milk thistle) is often used to treat liver function test abnormal. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Synthroid is used in:
- Milk thistle is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Synthroid alternatives:
- Milk thistle alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (4 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
onset one month ago started after treatment of UTI
Over past 6+ years, hair has thinned by half.
Have also been diagnosed with PTSD.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Timing of taking wellbutrin xl 300 with diovan 80
I take levoxyl when waking up. After eating breakfast usually I take wellbutrin, diovan, and vitamin d together. If taking adderall, I would take at this time. Sometimes red yeast rice in morning, sometimes later in the day. Estradiol is taken before bed. Is it OK to take wellbutrin and diovan toget ...
- Can digestacure cure myestenia gravis?
stared with breast cancer then myestenia and sclerdermia one after the other could any drug have set this off because of taking it for years
- Can i take krill oil while taking effient and aspirin
I have high cholesterol and high bad cholesterol, arthritis, had open heart surgery and 7 stents.blood pressure is always up and down.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Low sperm count levothyroxine
i happend to not be able to contact doctor for a refill two weeks went by my sperm count before was so low with it i barely shot out of me two weeks later my count has quadrupled with out it id rather blow my brain out than be on that shit again
- Having trouble swallowing food
it started like having heartburn the food would not go down. Progressively got worse so went a digestive doctor she ran all kinds of test (scope, went up my nose and down my throat had problems with that one,cat scan and berium test. Well they found a mass on my thyroid and had to remove have of it ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Ibuprofen, Melatonin, Milk Thistle, Magnesium Oxide, CoQ-10, Zolpidem, Omeprazole Magnesium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Singulair, Prozac for a patient with Osteoarthritis, Migraine - Common, Insomnia, N-a-g, Ge Reflux, Hypothyroidism, Asthma, Depression. The patient has Urethral Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Evening Primrose Oil, Zeaxanthin, Lutein, Magnesium Orotate, Vitamin B12, Milk Thistle, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Biotin, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Red Cherry, Tart Cherry, CoQ-10, Fish Oil, Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Omeprazole, Metformin, Niaspan, Synthroid, Premarin, Victoza, Clonazepam, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Fenofibrate, Crestor for a patient with Eczema, Health, Heart Rate Irregular, Energy Increased, Liver Fatty, Antioxidant Therapy, Skin Disorder, Hair Disorder, Sleepy, Sinus Headache, Counteract Niaspan Effects, Heartburn, Type 2 Diabetes, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Hypothyroidism, Menopause Hot Flashes, Anxiety, Restlessness, Depression, Blood Triglycerides Increased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Diarrhea, Loss Of Hair (Hair loss)
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Viibryd, Adderall, Klonopin, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate, Estraderm, Omeprazole, Levoxyl, Biotin, Milk Thistle, Clear Eye for a patient with Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Depression - Major, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Pressure, Menopausal Depression, Acid Reflux, Hypothyroidism, Routine Health Maintenance, Dry Eye Syndrome.
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Thyroid, Phendimetrazine Tartrate for a 67-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Synthroid, Desiccated Pork Liver for a 55-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Haldol for a 57-year old man who has Hypothyroidism
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.