Review: Tegretol-xr and Xanax drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Tegretol-xr and Xanax. It is created by eHealthMe based on 912 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Tegretol-xr (latest outcomes from 1,505 users) has active ingredients of carbamazepine. It is often used in epilepsy.
Xanax (latest outcomes from 58,692 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
On Mar, 10, 2014: 912 people who reported to have interactions when taking Tegretol-xr, Xanax are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Tegretol-xr (carbamazepine)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Tegretol-xr, Xanax:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||121|
|Headache (pain in head)||109|
|Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation)||83|
|Completed Suicide (act of taking one's own life)||81|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Tegretol-xr, Xanax:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||12|
|Syncope (loss of consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone)||10|
|Drug Rash With Eosinophilia And Systemic Symptoms (adverse drug reactions with rash)||6|
|Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets)||5|
|Generalised Erythema (redness of the skin all over the body)||4|
|Completed Suicide (act of taking one's own life)||4|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Tegretol-xr (carbamazepine) is often used to treat epilepsy. Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Tegretol-xr is used in:
- Xanax is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Tegretol-xr alternatives:
- Xanax alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
wheezing after at night uncomfortable
Vagus Nerve Stimulator (VNS) - Chronic-recurrent, treatment-resistant, depression. Implanted January, 2007.
I thought I was doing fine with the tegretol increase but after donating double red cells, I have had a fever.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Teach 70: What are the effects of multiple drugs on chromagranin a levels?
I have been diagnosed with carcinoid cancer and had a very small tumor removed. My CgA levels have been, since my surgery, below 200. Recently, the number jumped to 2000. My doctor and I are trying to find out if any of the many drugs I take, in addition to my diabetes medications and insulin, can ...
- By 12no: Does indigestion cause seizure?
in 22 years of seizure a good amount of water and sleep will help. Relax the eyes is important. Tegretol xr is the best drug for me. The only negative is I have to increase the amount taken every few years. I am on 1600mg a day now....Please share with me what you know.
- By falcore1: Can u use albuterol intravenously like i do adderall
i ran out of adderall,i want to use albuterol instead in my cocktail of oxycodone ir and xanax,will it feel anything close to adderal or rittlin??
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Tonya: Celexa, xanax and restoril combo caused an immediate onset of dementia in my 79 year old father
My father has been on Celexa for years now. 2 months ago, my mother (his wife of 50 years) passed away. My father immediately had anxiety and sleeping problems that accompanied his anxiety. His doctor prescribed, on top of the Celexa, Restoril for sleep, and Xanax during the day. Over a period o ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Fiorinal, Singulair, Certirizine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Xanax, Tegretol, Prozac, Flexeril, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Bipolar, Suppliment, Migraine, Multiple Allergies, Seasonal Affective Disorder, High Blood Pressure, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Bipolar I Disorder, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Wheezing
- A study of drug interactions between Mirena, Meclizine Hydrochloride, Ventolin Hfa, Maxalt-mlt, Norco, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Colace, Bisacodyl, Wellbutrin Xl, Armour Thyroid, Adderall Xr 25, Seroquel, Xanax, Xanax, Pristiq, Equetro, Topamax, Saphris for a patient with Birth Control And Family Planning, Dizziness, Asthma, Migraine - Common, Pain Management, Constipation, Stool Softener Needs, Laxative Supportive Care, Depression - Major, Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Stimulants, Bipolar Mania, Panic Disorder, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Bipolar 1, Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar I Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Tegretol, Mirapex Er, Ambien, Xanax for a patient with Bipolar 1, Rls, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Q Fever
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.