Review: Toprol-xl and Fish oil drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Toprol-xl and Fish oil. It is created by eHealthMe based on 1,759 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Toprol-xl (latest outcomes from 40,676 users) has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Fish oil (latest outcomes from 20,942 users) has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
On Mar, 7, 2014: 1,759 people who reported to have interactions when taking Toprol-xl, Fish oil are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Toprol-xl (metoprolol succinate)
- Fish oil (fish oil)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Toprol-xl, Fish oil:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||588|
|Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin)||526|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||398|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||299|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||242|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Toprol-xl, Fish oil:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Skin Lesion (redness)||11|
|Pain In Extremity||6|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||6|
|Facial Bones Fracture (bone fracture of face)||5|
|Sleep Apnoea Syndrome (a sleep-related disorder in which the effort to breathe is diminished or absent)||5|
|Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus)||5|
|Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract)||5|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased
- Atrial fibrillation
- Supplementation therapy
- Diabetes mellitus
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Toprol-xl (metoprolol succinate) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Fish Oil (fish oil) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Toprol-xl is used in:
- Fish oil is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Toprol-xl alternatives:
- Fish oil alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
From this study (6 months ago):
From this study (11 months ago):
While I had the flu I began using guaifenesin and Sudafed to try to relieve the symptoms of sinus discharge, post-nasal drip and phlegm, and cough. I have mostly recovered but still cough a lot due to excessive sinus drainage and phlegm in my lungs.
Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD)like symptoms to include:
--specks of light
--snow & rain affect
--trails following objects in motion
--halos or auras
--illusions of motion in a static environment
--distortions in dimension
--heightened awareness of motion.
Occurs in dark or semi-dark rooms but clears in light where minor motion and distortion is noted when staring ahead. A mask descends over my face when staring ahead (maybe inner-ocular-lenses affect (cataract surgery)?). In some cases, get affect that I can feel geometric objects and fish-like or distorted objects. Started when given Lamotrigine & Quetiapine. Doctor has increased dosage of Lamotrigin, stopped Quetiapine and added Risperidone: snow/rain effects have significantly increased at night before falling asleep. Severe snow/rain affect occurs when I wake up early in the morning in semi-dark.
high levels of medications found in blood work when taking how prescribed
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By FightOlderAge: Penis is not sensitive. difficult to ejaculate, little, sometimes, no semen produced
I have no problem getting an erection; however, I seem to "lose interest" and full erection shortly after I penetrate. Viagra, etc. have not helped with this. As noted above, my penis is less sensitive and requires a lot of friction for me to ejaculate. Amount of ejaculate greatly reduced. I am look ...
- By JN: Have you ever had a swollen lymph node in the neck area caused by medication you are taking?
I have a swollen lymph node which appeared in the neck area under my left ear about three weeks ago...it grew quickly (overnight) and then it came down significantly after I took antibiotics. It is almost gone, but I can still feel a very, very small lump (it still keeps going down every day). Went ...
- By Mr. Restless: I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By poetbjc: Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now. Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures Some o ...
- By edo: Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use). Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- By Win: Cymbalta and pulmonary embolisms
I started taking Cymbalta in August for pain. By September I was suffering from shortness of breath. Visited Doctors asking if Cymbalta could be the cause. Answer was no. By the end of September I was no longer taking Cymbalta but still suffering from shortness of breath. It was getting severe a ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Flexeril, Vicodin, Sudafed, Guaifenesin, Ibuprofen, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Iron Dextran, Diovan, Simvastatin, Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate, Synthroid, Risperdal, Depakote Er, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Low Back Pain, Sinusitis, Cough, Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Anemia, Protein Urine Present, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Cinnamon, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Niacin, CoQ10, Aspirin, Lamotrigine, Risperidone, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Lipitor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Digoxin for a patient with Heart, Despression, Atrial Fibrillation, Help Heart, Bipolar 1, Depression, Blood Cholesterol Increased, High Blood Pressure, A-fib. The patient has Bipolar 1 (Bipolar I Disorder), High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (High Blood Cholesterol), High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl-75, Lortab, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Xanax, Toprol-xl, Paxil, Fish Oil, Prilosec for a patient with Pain Management, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Hypertension, Depression, General Symptom, Gerd.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.