Review: Tramadol and Clonazepam drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Tramadol and Clonazepam. It is created by eHealthMe based on 2,440 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Tramadol (latest outcomes from 41,165 users) has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Clonazepam (latest outcomes from 41,036 users) has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
On Mar, 3, 2014: 2,440 people who reported to have interactions when taking Tramadol, Clonazepam are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Tramadol (tramadol hydrochloride)
- Clonazepam (clonazepam)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Tramadol, Clonazepam:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||449|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||448|
|Headache (pain in head)||271|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||270|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||254|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Tramadol, Clonazepam:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Cyanosis (lack of oxygen in body leads to blue appearance of skin ,mucous membrane nails)||8|
|Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder (a mental health condition in which a person is preoccupied with rules, orderliness, and control)||4|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Tramadol (tramadol hydrochloride) is often used to treat pain. Clonazepam (clonazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Tramadol is used in:
- Clonazepam is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Tramadol alternatives:
- Clonazepam alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
From this study (11 months ago):
Do not take all drugs listed at same time. Am on "pulse therapy" with antimacrobials. Do not take coq10 when on Mepron/malarone. Take Florastor probiotic 2x's a day to fight c.diff & other probiotics. Also take FiberSmart, DigestSmart, & slippery elm, marshmallow root for GI regularity. Drink at least 4 cups green tea daily. CDC confirmed lyme positive in 2010 (September), was bit in May of same year. Had psychiatric & cognitive dysfunction immediately following rash. Further testing show active infection in brain - neuro-lyme dx'd.
I am staying very tired, sleepy alot and have weak feelings throughout my body. I also just dont want to do any of my usual activities and just overall depressed, I guess.
mrfitman on May, 8, 2013:
DITTO!! Major pain issues: shoulders to be replaced, hips already replaced.knee..and MORE!! Your statement..TRUE!! VEG!! Useless feeling
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By D.S.B.: Has long term clonazepam use caused you seemingly irreversible psychosis, for which you were given an antipsychotic? if so, were you able to get off of the antipsychotic and clonazepam? how?
Started clonazepam around 2002. In 2007, I was hospitalized (I'm not sure what the doctors were thinking) and I was given an antipsychotic as well, and maybe another medication. My psychiatrist lowered and eliminated all my medication in 2011 and 2012, and each time was hospitalized and again given ...
- By Becky: Will tramadol cause rapid heart beat?
I have been taking Tramadol for 1 1/2 years and within the past 6 weeks have developed an unexplained rapid heart beat. The heart monitor I wore for 24 hours indicated a premature heart but after a month the EKG was normal. I was taken off of Toprol and instructed to take magnesium (400) milligrams ...
- By mda1270: Can tramadol and meloxicam be taken together?
What is causing my pain? The years of muscale atrophy or the joints
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Christa: Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- By ctcrzy7: Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- By ShayWest: Hyperthyroidism from tasking klonopin
Has anyone developed hyperthyroidism while being on a Klonopin? I've developed hyperthyroidism from taking Klonopin. I've always had problem w my thyroid due to Hasimoto's thyroid. It's an autoimmune disorder. I've been having problems w my weight since 2000. I was told in 2001 I had hyperthyroidism ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cholestyramine, Alpha-Lipoic Acid Extract, CoQ-10, Malarone, Artemisia, Horse Chestnut, DHA, Enzyme Therapy, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Probiotics, Magnesium Oxide, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, Same, L-methylfolate, Albenza, Promethazine, Mepron, Stromectol, Flagyl, Bactrim, Doxycycline, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin, Tramadol, Klonopin, Vyvanse for a patient with Lyme, Lyme, Bartonellosis, Lyme Related Gi, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Parasitic Infection, Nausea And Vomiting, Babesiosis (co-infection Of Lyme), Parasitic Infection, Skin Atrophy Due To Late-stage Lyme, Neuroborreliosis, Depression - Diseased Induced, Pain, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition.
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor, Clonazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Tramadol Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression, Anxiety, Pain In Extremity, Headache - Tension, Pain Management.
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Methadone Hydrochloride, Colace, Flagyl, Clonazepam, Ultram, Multivitamin for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Opiate Withdrawal, Constipation, Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Pain, Routine Health Maintenance. The patient has Weakness, Fatigue
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.