Review: Tramadol and Melatonin
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Tramadol and Melatonin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 150 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
How are my drugs for patients like me? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now, it's anonymous, simple & free >>>
On Apr, 4, 2014: 150 people who reported to have interactions when taking Tramadol, Melatonin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Tramadol (tramadol hydrochloride)
- Melatonin (melatonin)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Tramadol, Melatonin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||114|
|Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease (stomach contents (food or liquid) leak backwards from the stomach into the oesophagus)||68|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||64|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Tramadol, Melatonin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body)||4|
|Increased Tendency To Bruise (increased tendency to injure the underlying soft tissue or bone)||4|
|Heartburn - Chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus)||3|
|Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)||3|
|Weight Gain - Unintentional||3|
|Restlessness (not able to rest)||3|
|Headache (pain in head)||2|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Tramadol (tramadol hydrochloride) is often used to treat pain. Melatonin (melatonin) is often used to treat insomnia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Tramadol is used in:
- Melatonin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Tramadol alternatives:
- Melatonin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
suspicious lung nodule seen in x-ray, going in for a cat scan
Covered in rash over half my body after starting Topiramate. Have also tested positive for Lupus.
Patient Dar on Feb, 18, 2013:
Complete list of symptoms that docs really don't want to hear at one time. Been going on for over 15 years. Headaches, low BP with high spikes that make me fall down, heart racing, hot flashes not related to menopause, cysts on top of each kidney, low white count and platelet count often, sores on head in nose and on face, so tired don't feel like doing anything, can't sleep without all the meds and then I only sleep a short time, positive anti-nuclear test. I feel like I am going crazy and now this rash is everywhere.
Ed on Mar, 5, 2013:
Have your doctor check for Pheochromocytoma. I had all those symptoms and more. Pheo had grown around blood supply to kidney so it had to come out too. Much better since the surgery but I still have IBS, bipolar 2, low T, neuromuscular pain, one doctor wants to call it fibromyalgia
rmaran on Mar, 14, 2013:
Have you had a sample taken of the sores to test them? One time I had a sore on my leg, they scraped a sample and performed a wide variety of tests on it. F 34 CA
have been on 100mcg synthroid for approximately 4 mos. am experiencing quite alot of confusion,great loss of appetite.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can i use ultram with aleve for tail born pain
Dr. suggested Ultram for painful tailbone from fall I'm 80 year old female ultram not working real good could I use aleve with it
- Puedo tomar provigil si tengo diabetes
no se puede mover por la debilidad tan grande que tiene, tiene dolores todo el tiempo, se le duerme los pies al grado que no los siente la mayor parte del tiempo, cualquier cosa que hace se cansa casi de inmediato, toma TRAMADOL,METFORMINA, GAVAPANTINA, ASPIRINA PROTEC, no puede subir las escaleras ...
- What medication is allowed after a splenectomy, what is not allowed?
What Food and drinks are also NOT allowed to have when having NO Spleen
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Melatonin and skin dryness
I've been having hard time to sleep, so I started taking Melatonin. It is OTC sleep aid with melatonin and herbal treatment (lemon balm and camomile). about three days after started taking the drug, my back of hands started showing red rashes, then neck and around lips. a week after taking medica ...
- Bad side effect of melatonin/imitrex use together
I have taken melatonin for insomnia I've been experiencing recently (not a chronic condition). I haven't had any problems or interactions with my other regular medications while using the melatonin, other than drowsiness in the morning. Last night I had a migraine at bedtime, so took 50 mg. of imi ...
- Horrific nightmares taking naproxen
I've Taking naproxen 500mg twice a day for 3 weeks on a course for 6 months, I've been having horrific dreams worse than horrer movies, the most recent is involving my ex & current partner where I had a psychotic stalker (my ex) switched around because in the dream I dump my partner for my ex, well ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, B-12, Valtrex, Colestipol Hydrochloride, Nexium, Atenolol, Tramadol, Methotrexate for a patient with Insomnia, Lower Level B12, Herpes Simplex, Ibs, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Osteoarthritis. The patient has Lung Nodule
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Tramadol Hydrochloride, Zolpidem Tartrate, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Acyclovir, Topiramate, Melatonin, Benadryl, Percocet, Multivitamin, Calcium, Ibuprofen, Vitamin E for a patient with Arthritis, Pain Management, Sleep Disorder Therapy, Rls, Depression, Herpes - Genital, Migraine, Allergic Sinusitis, Health, Osteoarthritis, Inflammation. The patient has Topiramate
- A study of drug interactions between Lotrel, Metformin Hydrochloride, Pravachol, Xanax, Ultram, Melatonin for a patient with Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, High Density Lipoprotein, Anxiety Disorder, Muscle Spasms, Insomnia.
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Tramadol, Dilantin, Valium, Depakote Cp for a 52-year old man who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Melatonin, Pradaxa for a 72-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Vyvanse, Dextromorphan Hydrobromide, Quinidine Gluconate, Tramadol, Pristiq for a 36-year old woman who has Anxiety And Stress
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.