Review: Unisom and Prozac drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Unisom and Prozac. It is created by eHealthMe based on 70 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Unisom (latest outcomes from 1,143 users) has active ingredients of doxylamine succinate. It is often used in insomnia.
Prozac (latest outcomes from 41,953 users) has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
On Feb, 28, 2014: 70 people who reported to have interactions when taking Unisom, Prozac are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Unisom (doxylamine succinate)
- Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Unisom, Prozac:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Completed Suicide (act of taking one's own life)||19|
|Pain In Extremity||17|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)||17|
|Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction)||14|
|Headache (pain in head)||12|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Unisom, Prozac:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Akathisia (a movement disorder characterized by a feeling of inner restlessness)||1|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||1|
|Hepatocellular Damage (liver damage)||1|
|Multiple Drug Overdose||1|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma
- Sleep - natural short sleeper
- Ill-defined disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Unisom (doxylamine succinate) is often used to treat insomnia. Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Unisom is used in:
- Prozac is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Unisom alternatives:
- Prozac alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (4 years ago):
Diagnosed with clinical depression for the last 3 years, finally see positive results but having side effects. Not taking antidepressant for 2 years the fibromyalgia pain and symptoms gone. Symptoms have returned in the last two weeks from pain, sleepless night. Two to four hours of sleep. Constant pain on the level of 7. Scale of 1 to 10 Fatigue constantly.
Kelly on Apr, 25, 2010:
recently lamictal dose has been increased to 400mg, prozac 60mg also adderall 10mg and clonazapam and have been feeling nausous and spotting with period.
Can all meds taken together cause the 2 above side effects?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Sarah manning: Can you take raspberry ketones and fluoxetine together
Can you take fluoxetine and raspberry ketone together
- By GG: Do you think im gonna get my hair back
since I start taking prozaz I noticed my hair start falling out and getting thin im scared ... do you think that if is stop the pill my hair will stop falling and im gonna get new hair back? sooo stressed and sad
- By deidreennis: Will prozac, nyquil, cynthroid cause a false positive for benzos?
false positive for benzos on urine test ive only taken prozac, cynthroid, nyquil and good powders. it was also sent to the lab and came back positive. what could cause this? help please
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Sarmi: A self-conducted trial with prozac in a case of "benign" ms
I want to show that, with the approval of my doctor, I started taking Prozac (10 mg daily) to see if the number of the lesions on my brain remains the same. After 14 months no new lesion showed on the MRI. I should mention that I have a mild form of MS, if one may put it like this, but the previous ...
- By Notafanofflagyl: Flagyl and hair loss
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
- By daughter2: Mother recovered significantly from confusion
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait). She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once p ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, 5 HTP, Passionflower, Valerian, GABA, Unisom, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Depression. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome (Restless leg syndrome), Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Muscle Pain (Muscle aches), Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type (Sleep disorder)
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Doxylamine Succinate for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Sleeping Difficulty.
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine Hydrochloride, Doxylamine Succinate, Amphetamine Salt Combo for a patient with Depression, Sleep Disorder, Add. The patient has Nausea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.