Review: Valium and Lipitor drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Valium and Lipitor. It is created by eHealthMe based on 2,454 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Valium (latest outcomes from 21,743 users) has active ingredients of diazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Lipitor (latest outcomes from 132,452 users) has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
On Mar, 4, 2014: 2,454 people who reported to have interactions when taking Valium, Lipitor are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Valium (diazepam)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Valium, Lipitor:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)||529|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||486|
|Diabetes Mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin)||468|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||280|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||258|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Valium, Lipitor:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Blood Cholesterol Increased||23|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||16|
|Myocardial Infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)||12|
|Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down)||10|
|Loss Of Consciousness||8|
|Headache (pain in head)||8|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Valium (diazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Valium is used in:
- Lipitor is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Valium alternatives:
- Lipitor alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
From this study (4 months ago):
From this study (6 months ago):
I'm Agoraphobic and don't leave my house so unable to attend GP or local hospital to have this investigated.
I'm morbidly obese - due to combination of drugs listed above and which have known side effects of weight gain (not due to diet) I don't eat fried food or red meat and eat plenty of fresh fruit.
I'm panic-stricken this might be Paget's disease of the breast. I've been trying to research via the Internet but my symptoms don't seem to fit anything - not Dermatitis, Psoriasis, Eczema, Rash, but has similarities to Paget's. I can't find any sign of a lump in either breast but don't know what this redness and 'spreading' of it is on my left nipple and areola.
1. Have taken Levoxyl sodium for 20 years.
2. Levothyroxine does not help hypothyroidism and causes odd symptoms (inability to stay awake, particularly in the afternoon; sleep paralysis; audio hallucinations while asleep, hair loss)
3. In November of 2012 diagnosed with high blood pressure for the first time in my life; 150/67 spiking to 190/67.
4. January 2013 through March 2013 through diet and exercise loss 33 pounds.
5. March 2013 through October 2013 maintained stable weight loss of 33 pounds.
5. January 2013 through October 17, 2013 blood pressure stable at 123/65 - 131/65.
5. October 2013 changed to Synthroid when Levoxyl was recalled and my supply on hand ran out.
6. Within 9 days blood pressure up to 150/67 to 161/67.
Wondering if change from Levoxyl to Synthroid had impact of increase in stable lowered blood pressure.
I have severe tingling in my fingers (carpal tunnel?)
I have stiffness in my fingers and knees
I have severe lower back problems
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Bonnie: How likely is it that celexa will increase blood pressure?
I have been taking Remeron 15 mg for a few months and recently added 5 mg Celexa. My systolic blood pressure went up immediately; it had been mostly in the high 120's and now is 140+. Is this a coincidence, or could the Celexa be causing it?
- By FightOlderAge: Penis is not sensitive. difficult to ejaculate, little, sometimes, no semen produced
I have no problem getting an erection; however, I seem to "lose interest" and full erection shortly after I penetrate. Viagra, etc. have not helped with this. As noted above, my penis is less sensitive and requires a lot of friction for me to ejaculate. Amount of ejaculate greatly reduced. I am look ...
- By nanamom: Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Cookiepress: Lipitor bad reaction
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
- By Boo Radly: Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- By Sally: Suboxone withdrawal how dangerous to go cold turkey?
Last night I was woken unable to breath, I could not get a breath through, I was terrified, it took several seconds for me to be able to breath, but I continued to vomit for about 30 minutes, then I slept with my head high with pillows in case it happened again.
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ferrous Fumarate, Promethazine, Irbesartan, Insulin, Lipitor, Zolpidem, Diazepam, Ranitidine, Lansoprazole, Metformin, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lamotrigine for a patient with Anaemia, Sedative Therapy, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Insomnia, Anxiety And Stress, Duodenal Ulcer, Hiatus Hernia, Anti-depressant, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Nipple Has One Red Patch That Has Spread To The Areola With Red 'spots' (not Pimples), Left Nipple Only, No Pain, Itchiness Or Discharge.
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Valium, Estropipate, Atorvastatin Calcium for a patient with Primary Hypothyroidism, Anxiety, Surgically Induced Loss Of Estrogen (full Hysterectomy), Hypercholesterolemia. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Aspirin, Flomax, Plavix, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lipitor, Diovan, Atenolol for a patient with Depressive Symptom, Stroke, Prostatitis - Chronic, High Blood Cholesterol, Cholesterol Test, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Anxiety Aggravated (Stress and anxiety)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.