Review: Valium and Vicodin
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Valium and Vicodin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 5,449 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
On Mar, 30, 2014: 5,449 people who reported to have interactions when taking Valium, Vicodin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Valium (diazepam)
- Vicodin (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Valium, Vicodin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||2,387|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||2,064|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||1,856|
|Headache (pain in head)||1,630|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||1,468|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Valium, Vicodin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)||27|
|Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)||24|
|Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction)||22|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||18|
|Headache (pain in head)||17|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||16|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Back pain
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Valium (diazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Vicodin (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Valium is used in:
- Vicodin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Valium alternatives:
- Vicodin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (4 months ago):
From this study (5 months ago):
Ever since I started the Fentanyl and Diazepam I have had very vivid nightmares. I also seem angry a lot. Before taking these medicines I never remembered my dreams at all.
what is the chance the norco and the Triletal is cause my SIADH i am weaning off my Triletal doing better but worried about having to be taken off the norco for my back pain and my valium
Fused neck, 2 thoracic compression fractures, bulging lumbar disk, fractured ankle.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Why has my rls/plmd increased since i've been on ms contin, oxycodone, and higher dose of ropinerole? previously, i was on 40mg hydrocodone per day.
I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) AND Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Recently, I went of of Hydrocodone, and started with MS Contin and Oxycodone. I also RAISED my Requip from .5 to 1mg.
- I have cfs and have been treated for depression for years.will adderall replace the antidepressants ect that i'm taking now?
I have a long history of depression and anxiety disorder.I was recently diagnosed with CFS.Now that I know exactly what this disease entails,everything makes perfect sense.My physical symptoms,with the exception of increased debilitating pain over the last 2 years, I had come to accept as normal! Gl ...
- Is clomid safe to take while on seroquel, valium, achiphex, & methadone 35mg?
i am worried about taking clomid w any of this meds., especially seroquel. Though, I do not take on regular basis.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
On the 20th of August 2012 I fell downstairs and broke my left arm/shoulder and ribs. I also had many open cuts from my elbow to my wrist; the whole arm and hand was severely swollen; huge purple marks on arm thigh and chest. These have all healed. However the arm/shoulder has healed out of joint an ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Suboxone withdrawal how dangerous to go cold turkey?
Last night I was woken unable to breath, I could not get a breath through, I was terrified, it took several seconds for me to be able to breath, but I continued to vomit for about 30 minutes, then I slept with my head high with pillows in case it happened again.
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vivelle-dot, Diazepam, Norco, Fentanyl-12 for a patient with Total Hysterectomy, Anxiety Disorder, Fibromyalgia, Low Back Pain. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Synthroid, Trileptal, Norco for a patient with Anxiety, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar, Back Pain. The patient has Siadh
- A study of drug interactions between Vicodin, Valium for a patient with Pain Management, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Muscle Spasms, Pain - Back (Back pain - low)
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Tramadol, Dilantin, Valium, Depakote Cp for a 52-year old man who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 42-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Norco, Flexeril for a 28-year old man who has Muscle Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.