Review: Viibryd and Wellbutrin drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Viibryd and Wellbutrin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 69 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Viibryd (latest outcomes from 1,638 users) has active ingredients of vilazodone hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Wellbutrin (latest outcomes from 54,525 users) has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
On Feb, 28, 2014: 69 people who reported to have interactions when taking Viibryd, Wellbutrin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Viibryd (vilazodone hydrochloride)
- Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Viibryd, Wellbutrin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Headache (pain in head)||11|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||11|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||10|
|Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body)||5|
|Completed Suicide (act of taking one's own life)||4|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Viibryd, Wellbutrin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease)||2|
|Skin Rash (redness)||2|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||2|
|Libido Decreased (loss of interest in sex)||1|
|Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood)||1|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Viibryd (vilazodone hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Viibryd is used in:
- Wellbutrin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Viibryd alternatives:
- Wellbutrin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
From this study (9 months ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
Suddenly developed severe food allergies
I am tapering off of Effexor and Wellbutrin and starting Viibryd. I suffer from severe depression. I want to make sure I don't have any drug interactions.
Is anyone one taking any combinations of these drugs
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Duckie: Is there drug interaction between bactrim and garcinia cambogia
Curious about garcinia cambogia interacting with any other drugs
- By Badrenon: Do you see any relationship between insomnia and dehydration?
I cannot fall asleep. Sometimes it takes several hours (4-5). I have been taking Amitriptyline 10 mg for almost a year which helped tremendously and lately has not helped at all.
- By Ann: What medication can i add to viibryd
very anxious. started Viibryd and waiting for effects. was on lexapro 20 mg did nothing. switched to viibryd on 10mg a few days taking klonopin with the viibryd waiting for effects what else can I add.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Little Helper: Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- By violet1240: Skin burning sensation with delsym
I had been sick for about a week and had been taking Sudafed every 4-6 hours for congestion for the past couple of days. I also take wellbutrin SR daily as an antidepressant. I started taking the suspension formula of Delsym 12 hour release about 24 hours previously (so I had already had two doses ...
- By AJP: Buspar and side effects to include mood swings resulting in self harm idealization
High anxiety levels, mood swings, from elation to self injury, started at 7.5mg 2x a day for a week and then up to 15mg 2x day for five weeks. Increased as time went on.
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Viibryd, Abilify, Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a patient with Anxiety, Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Food Allergy
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Viibryd, Oxybutynin Chloride, Ramipril, Metoprolol Succinate, Wellbutrin Sr, Effexor for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Depression - Chronic, Spasmodic Bladder, High Blood Pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 15, Wellbutrin Xl, Lamictal, Viibryd for a patient with Adhd, Depression, Bipolar Disorder.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.