Review: Viibryd and Wellbutrin
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Viibryd and Wellbutrin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 73 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
On Mar, 30, 2014: 73 people who reported to have interactions when taking Viibryd, Wellbutrin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Viibryd (vilazodone hydrochloride)
- Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Viibryd, Wellbutrin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||44|
|Headache (pain in head)||42|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||28|
|Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body)||20|
|Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect)||18|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Viibryd, Wellbutrin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|High Blood Pressure||4|
|Skin Rash (redness)||3|
|Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease)||3|
|Loss Of Libido (loss of sexual urge)||2|
|Testicular Atrophy (wasting of testes)||2|
|Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination)||2|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
If the study doesn't answer your question, you can:
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Viibryd (vilazodone hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Viibryd is used in:
- Wellbutrin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Viibryd alternatives:
- Wellbutrin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (10 months ago):
I know the usual maximum dose of Viibryd is 40 mg. I am taking 60 mg of Viibryd as 40 mg. did not do the job.
Could this cause an increase in my blood pressure to 150's/110's?
Also, I was on Losartan but was taken off as my blood pressure was sometimes as low as 105/75. I was not on the higher dose of viibryd when I had those very low blood pressures. I was taking 40 mg. at that time.
Suddenly developed severe food allergies
I am tapering off of Effexor and Wellbutrin and starting Viibryd. I suffer from severe depression. I want to make sure I don't have any drug interactions.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Toxicology level for gabapentin were 55 mcg/ ml can that cause respiratory arrest?
Had just started Gralise 600mg tablets 2 days prior to respiratory arrest. Hydrocodone he had been on for a month (both were used for complex regional pain syndrome which he had just gotten due to a fall). All other medicines he had been on for 2 years. Toxicology report was 55 mcg/ mL for Gralise ...
- I have cfs and have been treated for depression for years.will adderall replace the antidepressants ect that i'm taking now?
I have a long history of depression and anxiety disorder.I was recently diagnosed with CFS.Now that I know exactly what this disease entails,everything makes perfect sense.My physical symptoms,with the exception of increased debilitating pain over the last 2 years, I had come to accept as normal! Gl ...
- Ive been taking zanaflex 4 mg for a year and my dr added wellbutrin. i take them both at night then take another 4 mg of zanaflex in the morning and i experience extreme drowsiness and a high feeling?
I HAD A STROKE 3 YEARS AGO AT THE AGE OF 37 THAT WAS DUE TO MALFORMED MIDDLE CEREBRAL ARTERY. I WAS PUT ON CELEXA WHICH WASNT CONTROLLING MY ANGER SO WAS PUT ON PRISTIQ. AFTER ALMOST A YEAR IT WASNT WORKING AS WELL SO DR ADDED WELLBUTRIN. ALL OTHER MEDS REMAINED SAME BUT HAVE HAD AN ISSUE AFTER TAKI ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Behind ear itch pain
I have been on Wellbutrin for almost 2 years now. Of late I suddenly started to get a heavy burn like itchy feeling behind both my ears. Looking for advice what to do as I am currently using nivia cream.
- Side effects of ziban after head trauma
I was prescribed Zyban to help me stop smoking, three months after taking this medication I was taken very ill, I woke up in the morning feeling like another person, I had everything from altered perception, total balance frailer, above & below double vision. I could not get out of bed for three wee ...
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Vesicare, Vitamin D, Calcium, B Complex Vitamin, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Viibryd for a patient with General Physical Condition, Incontinence - Urinary, Health, Energy Increased, Depression, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Loss Of Libido, Urinary Incontinence, High Blood Pressure, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Viibryd, Abilify, Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a patient with Anxiety, Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Food Allergy
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Viibryd, Oxybutynin Chloride, Ramipril, Metoprolol Succinate, Wellbutrin Sr, Effexor for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Depression - Chronic, Spasmodic Bladder, High Blood Pressure.
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac for a 26-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Sr, Ativan, Ultram for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Valium, Viibryd for a 32-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.