Review: Pennsaid and Voltaren drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Pennsaid and Voltaren. It is created by eHealthMe based on 37,996 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Pennsaid (latest outcomes from 166 users) has active ingredients of diclofenac sodium. It is often used in pericardial effusion.
Voltaren (latest outcomes from 20,060 users) has active ingredients of diclofenac sodium. It is often used in arthritis.
On Feb, 19, 2014: 37,996 people who reported to have interactions when taking Pennsaid, Voltaren are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Pennsaid (diclofenac sodium)
- Voltaren (diclofenac sodium)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Pennsaid, Voltaren:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||3,409|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||2,483|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||1,961|
|Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction)||1,599|
|Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness)||1,311|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||1,268|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Pennsaid, Voltaren:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||90|
|Renal Failure (kidney dysfunction)||72|
|Blood Creatinine Increased||37|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)||36|
|Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (bleeding gastrointestinal tract)||34|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Back pain
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Voltaren (diclofenac sodium) is often used to treat arthritis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Voltaren alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 week ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
Never a clot but newly prescribed medicine Pristiq and I have Factor V, Type 1 Diabetes, high cholesterol and use a fentanyl patch and these were all warnings on Pristiq. I take wellbutrin 300 and Zoloft and Prozac didn't work.
I see an endocrinologist, neurologist, family practice, pain management. My depression is because of pain. I've only been to one pain doctor and I must have a tolerance to opiates. I've tried oxycodone 15mg x many, dilaudid 8 mg x many, morphine 30 x many, Opana Er x many. Not all at once and always take prescribed amount but it never works. Been prescribed the same garbage for 6 years and have had pain epidurals and radio frequency ablations. Was pretty exited about laser surgery and then I was told they don't take my insurance when I have a BCBS PPO
I'm afraid doctors like me psychiatrist don't look atoll my medical history before prescribing things like Pristiq.
Truth Teller on Jan, 11, 2014:
I am male age 57. Don't waste your time and money on any of this per ported natural bull. GotoarealUrologistandge
ttrueresultsontried and truepercriptionmeds. They work. Theydon'tscrewaroundwithads
dentist says they are like skin tags for being on high dosage of prednisone been off for over a week and still not better
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
- Can i safely take diclofenac sodium 75mg dr
The Diclofenac seems to help the arthritis tremendously but causes me to use my nebulizer more. Toradol helps but seems to not be good for my kidneys.
- Can i take voltaren if i'm a sufferer of portal vein thrombosis
I've been on a daily dose of 150 mg of voltaren for lower back problems for the past 4 months and now I'm concerned that it may cause embolism. Could anyone please advise whether there is a link between the two?
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Skin rash in diclofenac potassium
After a car accident in 2011 I took Diclofenac for back & shoulder off and on for about a year. During that time I developed random spots usually on my arms and legs that itch severely and sometimes get infected. I still suffer from the itchy spots and I am DESPERATE for a cure for my agony. I ha ...
- Hallucination on diclofenac sodium
I experienced two horrible hallucinations when i was on this. The first it was early hours of the morning while i was in hospital asleep, i opened my eyes and saw like a demon nurse walking towards me, i was trying to scream but i was making quiet moaning noises instead, she came closer and closer w ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Humalog, Pristiq, Ibuprofen, Dietary Fiber, Valium, Lidoderm, Voltaren, Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin Xl, Aldactone, Lipitor, Baby Aspirin, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-100 for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Depression But I'm Afraid To Take It I'm Nervous Bc I'm Not Taking Any Antidepressants Right Now And Psychiatrist Is Hard To Get In Touch With., Inflammation, Constipation, Anxiety And Stress, Pain, Graves Disease Burnout, Depression And Anxiety And Panic Attacks, High Testosterone, High Blood Cholesterol, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Pain From 7 Herniations And Pinched Nerves.
- A study of drug interactions between Voltaren, Prednisone for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Sores Or Ulcers On The Male Genitals (Genital sores - male)
- A study of side effects of Voltaren for a patient with Stones - Kidney. The patient has Neck Lump (local swelling of neck and different than surrounding tissues)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.