Review: Wellbutrin and Aleve drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Wellbutrin and Aleve. It is created by eHealthMe based on 379 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Wellbutrin (latest outcomes from 54,525 users) has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Aleve (latest outcomes from 20,511 users) has active ingredients of naproxen sodium. It is often used in acupuncture and pain.
On Feb, 27, 2014: 379 people who reported to have interactions when taking Wellbutrin, Aleve are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride)
- Aleve (naproxen sodium)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Wellbutrin, Aleve:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||61|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||28|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||24|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Wellbutrin, Aleve:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Cholelithiasis (the presence or formation of gallstones in the gallbladder or bile ducts)||6|
|Cholecystitis Acute (rapid infection of gallbladder)||4|
|Blood Triglycerides Increased||3|
|Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)||2|
|Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Brain Abnormal||1|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Aleve (naproxen sodium) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Wellbutrin is used in:
- Aleve is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Wellbutrin alternatives:
- Aleve alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
From this study (4 years ago):
2 weeks duration. have tried stool softeners, psilium fiber, stimulant laxative, and magnesium citrate with little result.
Firstly I am concerned of the reactions of taking all of these medications which I currently am. Does taking any of these drugs and/or vitamins cause impairment in the long term (long term effects).
Secondly does taking these together cause adverse effects.
Thirdly could taking these medications and vitamins with red and/or white wines have caused some adverse effects-such as is listed above.
have not had have any negative experience so far
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Duckie: Is there drug interaction between bactrim and garcinia cambogia
Curious about garcinia cambogia interacting with any other drugs
- By Badrenon: Do you see any relationship between insomnia and dehydration?
I cannot fall asleep. Sometimes it takes several hours (4-5). I have been taking Amitriptyline 10 mg for almost a year which helped tremendously and lately has not helped at all.
- By plantarfacitis: What pain pill is okay with xarelto?
What can I take for heel pain with Xarelto? I've taken Xarelto for almost a year, so can I skip the day I need to take Aleve for this. My Afib is controlled with meds and ablation last April.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By violet1240: Skin burning sensation with delsym
I had been sick for about a week and had been taking Sudafed every 4-6 hours for congestion for the past couple of days. I also take wellbutrin SR daily as an antidepressant. I started taking the suspension formula of Delsym 12 hour release about 24 hours previously (so I had already had two doses ...
- By AJP: Buspar and side effects to include mood swings resulting in self harm idealization
High anxiety levels, mood swings, from elation to self injury, started at 7.5mg 2x a day for a week and then up to 15mg 2x day for five weeks. Increased as time went on.
- By Icantremember: Off label use of drugs for peripheral neuropathy causing memory loss
I have peripheral neuropathy with standard symptoms of burning, tingling, stabbing pain on the tops of my feet. I have had this condition for over 15 years getting worse over time. The last 5 years I have seen a couple of doctors and through trial and error we settled on a combination of Savella and ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride, Certirizine Hydrochloride, Naproxen Sodium for a patient with Hypertension, Tachycardia, Depression, Anxiety, Multiple Allergies, Pain. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Medroxyprogesterone Acetate, Premarin, Synthroid, Verapamil Hydrochloride - 80MG, Adderall Xr 30, Wellbutrin Sr, Trazodone Hydrochloride - 100MG, Aleve, Allegra Allergy, Multivitamin, Vitamin C, B Complex Vitamin, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide for a patient with Menopausal Symptoms, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure, Add, Depressive Symptom, Insomnia, Pain, Hay Fever, Balanced Diet, Weight Control, Stress, Preventive Health Care. The patient has Aggression Aggravated, Impaired Memory (Memory loss), Acute Brain Syndrome, Acute Confusional State, Delirium (Delirium)
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Adipex-p, Topamax Sprinkle for a patient with Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Depression, Depressed Mood, Weight, Migraine.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.