Review: Wellbutrin and Testosterone drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Wellbutrin and Testosterone. It is created by eHealthMe based on 240 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Wellbutrin (latest outcomes from 54,525 users) has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Testosterone (latest outcomes from 354 users) has active ingredients of testosterone. It is often used in testosterone.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 240 people who reported to have interactions when taking Wellbutrin, Testosterone are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride)
- Testosterone (testosterone)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Wellbutrin, Testosterone:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||101|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||55|
|General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status)||46|
|Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw)||45|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Wellbutrin, Testosterone:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Myocardial Infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)||4|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||3|
|Leukopenia (less number of white blood cells in blood)||2|
|Lymphocytosis (an increase in the number or proportion of lymphocytes in the blood)||2|
|Completed Suicide (act of taking one's own life)||2|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Testosterone (testosterone) is often used to treat testosterone. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Wellbutrin is used in:
- Testosterone is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Wellbutrin alternatives:
- Testosterone alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
I have PTSD,Dissociative Disorder,diffuse idiopathic skeletal hypotrophy,arthritis,bone spurs,no physical activity due to ahedonia.Take Vit.D Niacin,Red Yeast Rice,Fish oil,B complex,B12,Milk thistle,chromium picolinate,vit.c.
Overall: Diabetes stays under 120, testosterone levels remain low for age (48, but testosterone levels of 90 year old man). Atypically small penis, testes often recede so that the scrotum is flat and tight. Bi-sexual with periodic gender issues (desire to be feminine). Married, two children and no family issues to include sexual oddities, wife is supportive.
I am reluctant to bring up sexual and gender issues to Doctor, but have the feeling that gender drift (feelings), small penis and receding testicles and attraction to both sexes (including transgendered males with feminine qualities and penis). I know that all of this makes me rather unusual in terms of societal norms, but this is an honest assessment to the best of my ability. I started becoming sexually active at 13 years old with males first and later (15) with females. I desire only a relationship with a female or shemale (preferable but not realistic so I don't dwell on it).
Despite gender struggles from 14 to present I joined the US Army and went Airborne and Special Forces, spending a majority of my adult life (even unitl present) as an operator in Special Forces (albeit my age is making that more and more difficult).
I'm looking for a medical opinion that takes in current health conditions and issues, sexual history and other factors that are tell tale signs of a condition that I am unaware of.
Me on Jan, 4, 2013:
Forgot to mention that I have one son who has only one testicle but is not infertile. He was operated on at 3 to determine is it was an undescended testicle, however no trace of a second testicle was found. In his 20s he fathered a female child and still no trace of second testicle.
Medical details on ongoing therapy and main medications
Over the counter vitamins and supplements taken as liver will tolerate
to help skin and energy.
I have had three cervical surgeries from a car accident, facet and disk destruction, so I have been in pain management for 8 years and still have burning pains down arms and upper back, likely in lifetime pain management, have no cardiac problems but family members have stents and my lipid panels do not look good so to avoid heart problems treat lipids and keep BP low, also beta blocker helps sleep, pain wakes me up so have to slow everything down so I do not move much in sleep or pain wakes me up. Needed PPI's for GERD before cervical trauma. If I move too much then pain on damaged joints/nerves. If I do not move then cramps/spasm so need move stretch but nerve entrapment radiates pain and done with surgery since now it just shits focal points of pain not cure. Thanks so much. Long ago unknown virus from mosquito bites while fly fishing made my thyroid go way hyper for 2 months, lost 30 #, I am was always athlete with good diet strength etc., post 2 months of prednisone my thyroid panels all normal since, cool but then fatigue from pain and low testosterone post thyroid bump makes Androgel very helpful.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Duckie: Is there drug interaction between bactrim and garcinia cambogia
Curious about garcinia cambogia interacting with any other drugs
- By Badrenon: Do you see any relationship between insomnia and dehydration?
I cannot fall asleep. Sometimes it takes several hours (4-5). I have been taking Amitriptyline 10 mg for almost a year which helped tremendously and lately has not helped at all.
- By Danakayla: Has anyone else taken galzin with unsweetened ice tea or coffee instead of water? did you or your doctor have any issues with it?
My Galzin dosage is twice daily and I find myself forgetting about not having anything on my stomach besides water and drink some unsweetened tea just before time for my Galzin. Would the effectiveness be altered if I took the Galzin with iced tea?
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By violet1240: Skin burning sensation with delsym
I had been sick for about a week and had been taking Sudafed every 4-6 hours for congestion for the past couple of days. I also take wellbutrin SR daily as an antidepressant. I started taking the suspension formula of Delsym 12 hour release about 24 hours previously (so I had already had two doses ...
- By AJP: Buspar and side effects to include mood swings resulting in self harm idealization
High anxiety levels, mood swings, from elation to self injury, started at 7.5mg 2x a day for a week and then up to 15mg 2x day for five weeks. Increased as time went on.
- By Icantremember: Off label use of drugs for peripheral neuropathy causing memory loss
I have peripheral neuropathy with standard symptoms of burning, tingling, stabbing pain on the tops of my feet. I have had this condition for over 15 years getting worse over time. The last 5 years I have seen a couple of doctors and through trial and error we settled on a combination of Savella and ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydroxyzine, Clonazepam, Furosemide, Androderm for a patient with ADHD, Insomnia Depression, Depression/pain, Hypothyroidism, Insomnia Ptsd Anxiety, Ptsd Anxiety Insomnia, High Blood Pressure, Transgendered. The patient has Weight Gain (Weight increased), Metabolic Syndrome, Left Upper Abdomen Pain, Ahedonia, Reversed Circadian Rhythem, Vibration Of Muscles In Left Side, Apathy, No Creativity, Pain In Feet And Hands, Tinnitus, Falls Breaking Bones
- A study of drug interactions between Enalapril Maleate, Spironolactone, Aspirin, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Dramamine, Temazepam, Byetta, Testim, Viagra, Adderall 30 for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Smoking Cessation Therapy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Allergic Sinusitis, Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Anxiety, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Testosterone, Erectile Dysfunction, Attention Span. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type (Sleep disorder), Erectile Dysfunction (Erection problems)
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Nexium, Crestor, Androgel, Sudafed 12 Hour, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Finasteride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lunesta, Diovan Hct, Zetia, Clonazepam, Bisacodyl for a patient with Pain In Limb, Gerd, Hyperlipidaemia, Hypogonadism Male, Sinusitis, Pain Management, Prostration, Blood Pressure Management, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Blood Triglycerides, Diet - Constipation. The patient has Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.