Review: Wellbutrin and Testosterone
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Wellbutrin and Testosterone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 286 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
What are the drugs
Wellbutrin (latest outcomes from 54,933 users) has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Testosterone (latest outcomes from 388 users) has active ingredients of testosterone. It is often used in testosterone.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 286 people who take Wellbutrin, Testosterone are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride)
- Testosterone (testosterone)
Drug effectiveness over time :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Wellbutrin is effective||50.00%|
(1 of 2 people)
(3 of 6 people)
(1 of 7 people)
(0 of 3 people)
(7 of 16 people)
(9 of 13 people)
(1 of 5 people)
|Testosterone is effective||0.00%|
(0 of 1 people)
(3 of 7 people)
(2 of 6 people)
(5 of 7 people)
(7 of 14 people)
(4 of 11 people)
(2 of 2 people)
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Depression||Stools - Pale Or Clay Colored||Death||Myocardial Infarction||Depression||Tinnitus||Sedation Aggravated||Anxiety|
|Anxiety||Diarrhoea||Drug Toxicity||Weight Decreased||Leukopenia||Metabolic Syndrome||Back Pain||Pain|
|Renal Impairment||Nausea Aggravated||Overdose||Erectile Dysfunction||Lymphocytosis||Apathy||Erectile Dysfunction||Fatigue|
|Cardiac Disorder||Headache||Fatigue||Burning Mouth Syndrome||Transaminases Increased||Fatigue||Memory Impairment||Weight Decreased|
|Renal Injury||Neck Stiffness||Insomnia||Anorgasmia||Weight Decreased||Weight Gain||Dyspnoea|
|Injury||High Blood Pressure||Sweating - Excessive||Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type||Interstitial Lung Disease||Depression||Decreased Interest|
|Renal Failure||Nausea||Drowsiness||Delayed Ejaculation||Delusion||Anxiety||General Physical Health Deterioration|
|Anhedonia||Deep Vein Thrombosis||Appetite Decreased||Sweating - Excessive||Completed Suicide||Abnormal Dreams||Depression|
|Death||Insomnia||Ibs||Depressed Mood||Blood Lactate Dehydrogenase Increased||Suicide Attempt||Osteonecrosis Of Jaw|
|Dyspnoea||Libido Increased||Erectile Dysfunction||Appetite Decreased||Bronchiolitis||Drug Ineffective||Back Pain|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
|Wellbutrin is effective||28.57%|
(2 of 7 people)
(20 of 45 people)
|Testosterone is effective||14.29%|
(1 of 7 people)
(22 of 41 people)
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Blood Testosterone Increased||Weight Decreased|
|Vulvovaginal Mycotic Infection||Dyspnoea|
|Premature Labour||General Physical Health Deterioration|
Drug effectiveness by age :
|Wellbutrin is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||33.33%|
(1 of 3 people)
(4 of 12 people)
(2 of 45 people)
(9 of 34 people)
(6 of 11 people)
|Testosterone is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||33.33%|
(1 of 3 people)
(4 of 10 people)
(4 of 44 people)
(9 of 33 people)
(5 of 11 people)
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|Heart Rate Decreased||n/a||n/a||Abnormal Dreams||Overdose||Interstitial Lung Disease||Pain||Dizziness|
|Nasopharyngitis||Suicide Attempt||Drug Toxicity||Pain In Extremity||Anxiety||Abasia|
|Headache||Intentional Overdose||Death||Fatigue||Erectile Dysfunction||Drug Ineffective|
|Brain Damage||Depression||Hypoglycaemia||Depression||Fatigue||Gait Disturbance|
|Amnesia||Anxiety||Gestational Diabetes||Confusional State||Decreased Interest||Pain|
|Balance Disorder||Weight Gain - Unintentional||Ketoacidosis||Dyspnoea||Depression||Arthralgia|
|Abasia||Bloating||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Injury||General Physical Health Deterioration||Hypertension|
|Hallucination||Libido Decreased||Hepatic Steatosis||Weight Decreased||Back Pain|
|Delayed Sleep Phase||Convulsion||Intervertebral Disc Protrusion||Dyspnoea||Injury|
|Vascular Pseudoaneurysm||Hepatomegaly||Back Pain||Fatigue|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Wellbutrin and Testosterone?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Wellbutrin and Testosterone
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin and Testosterone
- support group for people who take Testosterone
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
I have PTSD,Dissociative Disorder,diffuse idiopathic skeletal hypotrophy,arthritis,bone spurs,no physical activity due to ahedonia.Take Vit.D Niacin,Red Yeast Rice,Fish oil,B complex,B12,Milk thistle,chromium picolinate,vit.c.
Overall: Diabetes stays under 120, testosterone levels remain low for age (48, but testosterone levels of 90 year old man). Atypically small penis, testes often recede so that the scrotum is flat and tight. Bi-sexual with periodic gender issues (desire to be feminine). Married, two children and no family issues to include sexual oddities, wife is supportive.
I am reluctant to bring up sexual and gender issues to Doctor, but have the feeling that gender drift (feelings), small penis and receding testicles and attraction to both sexes (including transgendered males with feminine qualities and penis). I know that all of this makes me rather unusual in terms of societal norms, but this is an honest assessment to the best of my ability. I started becoming sexually active at 13 years old with males first and later (15) with females. I desire only a relationship with a female or shemale (preferable but not realistic so I don't dwell on it).
Despite gender struggles from 14 to present I joined the US Army and went Airborne and Special Forces, spending a majority of my adult life (even unitl present) as an operator in Special Forces (albeit my age is making that more and more difficult).
I'm looking for a medical opinion that takes in current health conditions and issues, sexual history and other factors that are tell tale signs of a condition that I am unaware of.
Me on Jan, 4, 2013:
Forgot to mention that I have one son who has only one testicle but is not infertile. He was operated on at 3 to determine is it was an undescended testicle, however no trace of a second testicle was found. In his 20s he fathered a female child and still no trace of second testicle.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone been helped by taking lexapro and wellbutrin?
I am the mom of a 22 year old who is trying to get through college and can't seem to find the right meds for depression. She is taking Lexapro and I am wondering if adding Wellbutrin will help.
- Do you have issues snoring from testosterone
I was in an IED explosion in Afghanistan, had a TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY, 2005.JULY 28THlevels were extremely low. my V.A. doctor put me on testesterone 2011 BREAST CANCER, AUG 11TH 2012 HIT AND RUN ON MY MOTORCYCLE. DUE TO all the pain meds chemo, etcetera. MY testosterone. At first it was the best t ...
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
- Is dramamine ok to take with afib
I want to take Dramamine for dizziness....is it ok with all these other meds. I have afib
- Exercise intolerance
I've been running for 2 years and recently it has become harder to run and I've lost 45 seconds off my pace. It's harder becuase my hips/.thighs hurt and not because of reduced lung capacity. It isn't temperature related. I've been taking 40 mg Prozac, 450 mg Wellbutrin, and .5 mg Xanax XR for 4 y ...
- Phentermine topamax and depo provera
I'm am wondering if th phentermine, the topamax (25 mg x2 a day ) will interfer will the depo provera?
- Timing of taking wellbutrin xl 300 with diovan 80
I take levoxyl when waking up. After eating breakfast usually I take wellbutrin, diovan, and vitamin d together. If taking adderall, I would take at this time. Sometimes red yeast rice in morning, sometimes later in the day. Estradiol is taken before bed. Is it OK to take wellbutrin and diovan toget ...
- Toxicology level for gabapentin were 55 mcg/ ml can that cause respiratory arrest?
Had just started Gralise 600mg tablets 2 days prior to respiratory arrest. Hydrocodone he had been on for a month (both were used for complex regional pain syndrome which he had just gotten due to a fall). All other medicines he had been on for 2 years. Toxicology report was 55 mcg/ mL for Gralise ...
- I have cfs and have been treated for depression for years.will adderall replace the antidepressants ect that i'm taking now?
I have a long history of depression and anxiety disorder.I was recently diagnosed with CFS.Now that I know exactly what this disease entails,everything makes perfect sense.My physical symptoms,with the exception of increased debilitating pain over the last 2 years, I had come to accept as normal! Gl ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Wellbutrin caused my trigeminal neurlagia
So I'm writing this to hopefully shed light to other users in the same position I was in. I had taken Wellbutrin for about 4 years. The pain experienced in my face was excruciatingly painful. It was just on one side of my face between my temple and upper lip. All the symptoms reflected Trigeminal Ne ...
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Chills associated with ibuprophen
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled w ...
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts. Just want to bleed out and not hur ...
- Wellbutrin buproprion two suicide attempts
Started taking Buproprion and almost immediately had suicide ideation but didn't connect it to the med. Did not want to be here anymore and one week later tried to OD but woke up in the morning. Two weeks later wrote a suicide note to my therapist and again tried to OD. She called the police and t ...
- Wellbutrin triggered hashimoto's thyroiditis
I was prescribed Wellbutrin to assist in smoking cessation during my annual physical in August 2000. During the physical I had full blood work done and my thyroid numbers were normal. I began taking Wellbutrin on 9/1/2000. By 9/30/2000 my body essentially went into shock and the doctor thought I w ...
- Who cares about the patient?
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
- Behind ear itch pain
I have been on Wellbutrin for almost 2 years now. Of late I suddenly started to get a heavy burn like itchy feeling behind both my ears. Looking for advice what to do as I am currently using nivia cream.
- Side effects of ziban after head trauma
I was prescribed Zyban to help me stop smoking, three months after taking this medication I was taken very ill, I woke up in the morning feeling like another person, I had everything from altered perception, total balance frailer, above & below double vision. I could not get out of bed for three wee ...
- Skin burning sensation with delsym
I had been sick for about a week and had been taking Sudafed every 4-6 hours for congestion for the past couple of days. I also take wellbutrin SR daily as an antidepressant. I started taking the suspension formula of Delsym 12 hour release about 24 hours previously (so I had already had two doses ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Testosterone (testosterone) is often used to treat testosterone. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Wellbutrin is used in:
- Testosterone is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Wellbutrin alternatives:
- Testosterone alternatives:
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Testosterone, Novalgin, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Replaisment, Stomach Pain, Stop Smoking.
- A study of drug interactions between Cytomel, Synthroid, Testosterone, Lisinopril, Vivelle-dot, Lunesta, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Concerta for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Hormone Level Abnormal, Insomnia, Anxiety And Stress, Adhd. The patient has Hypermetabolism, Hyperactivity
- A study of drug interactions between Chia Seed, Calcium, Fish Oil, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Methylcobalamin, Folate, Magnesium Gluconate, CoQ10, Natural DHEA, Hydrocortisone, Flonase, Diflucan, Estradiol, Testosterone, Progesterone, Cytomel, Synthroid, Ketorolac Tromethamine, Ondansetron, Hydroxyzine, Imitrex, Frova, Buspar, Lexapro, Wellbutrin Xl, Remeron, Purple Butterbur for a patient with Supplementation, Low Hormone Levels, Skin Irritation, Sinus, Yeast Infraction, Hypothyroidism, Migraines, Anxiety/depression, Anxiety-depression.
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Testosterone, Natural DHEA, Linseed Flax Oil, Aspirin, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Melatonin, Niacin, L-Arginine HCl, Mirapex Er, Anastrozole, Omeprazole, Buspar, Wellbutrin, Bystolic for a patient with Insomnia, Testosterone, Hypertension, Jet Lag, Lower Cholesterol, Restless Leg Syndrome, Estrogen Overdose, Heartburn - Chronic, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Delayed Ejaculation, Anorgasmia
- A study of drug interactions between Testosterone, Wellbutrin Sr for a patient with Libido Decreased, Headache.
- A study of drug interactions between Testosterone, Wellbutrin Sr, Nolvadex for a patient with Libido Decreased, Headache, Dcis.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Loratadine, Glucosamine Sulfate, Centrum Silver, Calcium, Saw Palmetto, Melatonin, Aspirin, Betaine Anhydrous, TMG, Magnesium, Folate, Pyridoxal 5 Phosphate, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B2, Motrin, Flexeril, Cialis, Wellbutrin, Synthroid, Pravastatin Sodium, Omeprazole, Neurontin, Androgel, FLOMAX, Carvedilol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergies, Bone Metabolism Disorder, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Cardiac Disorder, Heterozygote Mutation, Inflammation Localised, Muscle Spasms, Erectile Dysfunction, Depression, Hypothyroidism, Cholestrol Control, Gerd, Neuralgia, Low Testerone Value, Urine Output Decreased.
- A study of drug interactions between Mary Jane, Adderall Xr 30, Zyrtec, Synthroid, Metoprolol Succinate, Androgel, Wellbutrin Xl, Lotrel for a patient with I Want To, Add, Allergies, Low Thyroid, Hypertension, Low Testosterone, Depression, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled.
- A study of drug interactions between Androgel, Vitamin D, Claritin, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Vyvanse, Tysabri, Lisinopril for a patient with Hypogonadism Male, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergies, Depression, Fatigue, Multiple Sclerosis, Hypertension.
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Testosterone, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Wellbutrin, Lamictal for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Secondary Hypogonadism, Hypothyroidism, Depression, Neuropathic Pain. The patient has Eye Rolling, Intention Tremor, Grimacing
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Metformin, Warfarin Sodium, Wellbutrin Xl, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 51-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Xl, Concerta for a 20-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrochlorothiazide, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Metformin, Wellbutrin for a 60-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Xl, LEXAPRO for a 22-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 37-year old man who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 66-year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Prozac for a 38-year old man who has Depression Suicidal
- Comparions of Rozerem, Topamax, Wellbutrin for a 43-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Prozac, for a 44-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.