Review: Xalatan and Visine L.r.
Summary: drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Xalatan and Visine L.r. together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Xalatan and Visine L.r.. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Xalatan and Visine L.r. >>>
What are the drugs
Xalatan (latest outcomes from 14,567 users) has active ingredients of latanoprost. It is often used in glaucoma.
Visine l.r. (latest outcomes from 12 users) has active ingredients of oxymetazoline hydrochloride.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 4 people who take Xalatan, Visine L.r. are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Xalatan (latanoprost)
- Visine L.r. (oxymetazoline hydrochloride)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Stent Placement||Eye Allergy|
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Xalatan and Visine L.r.?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Xalatan and Visine L.r.
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Xalatan and Visine L.r.
- support group for people who take Visine L.r.
- support group for people who take Xalatan
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could smoking marijuana once cause retinal detachment? after smoking a small amount of mj, my retina detached and i ended up having emergency surgery to mend it.
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Glaucoma Congenital, and takes Marijuana, Latanoprost)
I had had laser surgery, cataract surgery much earlier--all successful. Members of my family have glaucoma and so do I. After hearing that marijuana might ease the glaucoma, I smoked one time. That night, my retina began to detach. Is there any causal relationship between the marijuana and the retin ...
- Does latanoprost cause higher blood pressue when using it?
(Asked by a 81 year old woman who has Higher Blood Pressure, and takes Latanoprost)
I currently have and am being treated for high blood pressure. After I recently started Latanoprost, my blood pressure has risen. Has anyone had a similar reaction? Thanks.
- Does xalatan cause my severe joint pain ,stiffness, heavy legs and brain fog
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Glaucoma, and takes Xalatan)
i was diagnosed with glaucoma approx 20 years ago 12 months after eye injury with squash ball and have been on xalatan ever since,for most of this time i have suffered joint pain and concentration problems,the last 4 years has seen this pain in the joints ie.lower back,hips, shoulders, elbows, knees ...
- I use combigan, azopt and xalatan is there an order i should put them in?
(Asked by a 89 year old woman who has Glaucoma, and takes Azopt, Combigan, Xalatan)
I use 3 eye drops - 2 other them twice a day and the xalatan once a day but One doctor has told me to put the xalatan in first thing in the morning then wait half an hour before putting the other two in. Now the pharmacist has advised that I put the other two drops in first thing in the morning then ...
- My mom used xalantan for her glaucoma and within two days of using this product, she had a seizure. can xalatan cause seizures?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Glaucoma, Seizures, and takes Xalatan)
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Xalatan (latanoprost) is often used to treat glaucoma. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Xalatan is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Xalatan alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Latanoprost for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Anxiety had to go to the hospital it was so bad
- A study of side effects of Latanoprost for a patient with Glaucoma. The patient has Memory Loss
Comments: Aware of the more usual yesteryear being much clearer than yesterday in the elderly and this is normal experience. More recent months has shown that the mid term and even the 'fossilised' memory is affected (is that piano new? was my husband called George?). Spoken references are still clear and sel ...
- A study of drug interactions between Latanoprost, Timolol Maleate for a patient with Glaucoma. The patient has Bradycardia Foetal
Comments: Sice 6 month ago, because of high pressure of my eyes,I visited eye specialist and after he checking my eyes, he found Glaucoma associated with high pressure in my two eyes. He gave the above mentioned eye drops and advised me to instill one drop of Timolol to each eye in the morning and 1 drop of L ...
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Loryna, Xalatan, Azopt for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Periods - Painful, Glaucoma. The patient has Menstruation - Painful, Menstruation Irregular, Pms, Emotional Distress, Migraine With Aura, Acute Bladder Infection, Allergies, Sexual Intercourse - Painful, Lumpy Breasts, Fatigue - Chronic, Abortion Induced Incomplete, Painful Defaecation, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Cramps, Leg Cramping, Diarrhea, Constipation, Nausea, Eczema, Back Pain - Low
Comments: perfect storm? all symptoms started after abortion, been on glaucoma medication for 15 years, cousin on the same meds was diagnosed with a rare form of endometriosis. All my symptoms say endometriosis is possible cause. I just want to know what is wrong with me.
- A study of drug interactions between Latanoprost, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Omeprazole for a patient with Intraocular Pressure Decreased, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Esophageal Stricture - Benign. The patient has Ejaculation Failure, Retrograde Ejaculation
Comments: Prostate is only moderately enlarged. Unable to empty bladder more than 50% ejaculatory problem has existed since mid 40's, before BHP no pain during sex or climax low testosterone level, not treating at this time PSA is normal
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.