Review: Xanax and Gabapentin
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Xanax and Gabapentin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 6,244 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
How are my drugs for patients like me? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now, it's anonymous, simple & free >>>
On Mar, 31, 2014: 6,244 people who reported to have interactions when taking Xanax, Gabapentin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Gabapentin (gabapentin)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Xanax, Gabapentin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||2,571|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||2,553|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||2,172|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||1,809|
|Headache (pain in head)||1,634|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Xanax, Gabapentin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)||126|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||76|
|Headache (pain in head)||71|
|Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating)||67|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Gabapentin (gabapentin) is often used to treat neuralgia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Xanax is used in:
- Gabapentin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Xanax alternatives:
- Gabapentin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
From this study (4 weeks ago):
From this study (1 month ago):
diagnosed first with lupus then changed to mixed connective tissue disease. I have had this for 25 years becoming increasingly more debilitation. Plaquenil helped for a while but I quit taking it.
Lately I have found that taking potassium prescription strength helps my fatigue and muscle strength. at times i have periodic paralysis when i am extremely fatigued. K does help this but it gets up so high in my blood level my physcian worries about it causing a heart attack.
also my blood ammonia gets up to 82.. I am so sleepy I am almost comatose . I take lactalose but if I quit taking it my blood ammonia creeps up. My liver and kidneys are fine. Drs cannot find what is causing the high ammonia. thank you Catherine Dale
Started cutting myself after about one week of starting medication.
I will go to another room to get something, but while I am walking to the room that I need to be in I forget what I went there for
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can high dose of neurontin cause skin rash on face?
Have been Taking 3000 mg Neurontin per day for migraine treatment for aprox 3 months and have recently developed unexplained rash on face.
- Why has my rls/plmd increased since i've been on ms contin, oxycodone, and higher dose of ropinerole? previously, i was on 40mg hydrocodone per day.
I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) AND Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Recently, I went of of Hydrocodone, and started with MS Contin and Oxycodone. I also RAISED my Requip from .5 to 1mg.
- What are side effects if i mix celebrex with meloxicam?
I had total joint done on right leg about 3 years ago. Left knee was getting bad at that time, but I've gotten by with cortisone injections up until now. I've had cortisone shots in my both hips. I've developed an issue with right wrist, severe pain, not much range of motion, dr. makes me wear a ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Osteomyelitis the battle to neutralize a punishing disease
Collar bones feet and skull 47 times in hyperbaric chamber and two years oxygen cured it disease returned after cutting toe with axe during hurricane like locked horns with disease no winner yet have not found drug to neutralize the superbug its very punishing taking 100 herbal pills daily plus clon ...
- Addison's disease and gabapintin
a 100 mg gabapentin capsule has left me totally spaced out with blurred vision and disorientation for 3 days now. Never again do I want to go near one of those capsules. Dr. prescribed 100 mg. druggist filled 300 mg. I am sure thankful I doubled checked and got 100 mg instead. The 300 mg would h ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Vitamin B2, Klor-con M20, Synthroid, Myrbetriq, Xanax, Neurontin, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Vicodin for a patient with Migraine, Muscle Weakness, Hypothyroidism, Interstitial Cystitis (ic), Insomnia, Neuropathic Pain, Depression, Pain. The patient has Migraine, Bladder Pain, Confusion, Low Back Pain (Back pain - low), Fatigue, Muscle Pain (Muscle aches)
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Percocet, Mirtazapine, Gabapentin for a patient with Panic Attack, Pain, Depression. The patient has Gabapentin
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Adderall 20, Zoloft, Xanax, Seroquel for a patient with Diabetic Neuropathy, Adhd, Drug Diversion, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss)
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atripla, Gabapentin for a 32-year old man who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Prochlorperazine, Alprazolam for a 22-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Paxil, Xanax for a 54-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.