Review: Xanax and Gabapentin drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Xanax and Gabapentin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 6,247 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Xanax (latest outcomes from 58,692 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Gabapentin (latest outcomes from 39,091 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in pain.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 6,247 people who reported to have interactions when taking Xanax, Gabapentin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Gabapentin (gabapentin)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Xanax, Gabapentin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||1,287|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||1,252|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||840|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||751|
|Headache (pain in head)||663|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Xanax, Gabapentin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)||79|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||35|
|Sleep Apnoea Syndrome (a sleep-related disorder in which the effort to breathe is diminished or absent)||31|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Gabapentin (gabapentin) is often used to treat neuralgia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Xanax is used in:
- Gabapentin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Xanax alternatives:
- Gabapentin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
I will go to another room to get something, but while I am walking to the room that I need to be in I forget what I went there for
Had knee replacement. Have non-union scaphoid fracture. Torn rotator cuff and dislocated shoulder.
After taking pozac, metoprolol, and omeprazole in the am general feeling of uneasiness, disoriented, dizzy, heart racing, weakness, extreme tiredness
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By deatheater: How many mg can cause a coma with this?
I have a cocktail of disorders. Bad news here...i've lived in a world of hell for over 9 years because of my conditions. I just want to get better.
- By falcore1: Can u use albuterol intravenously like i do adderall
i ran out of adderall,i want to use albuterol instead in my cocktail of oxycodone ir and xanax,will it feel anything close to adderal or rittlin??
- By wilmcell: Has anyone else acquired ecthyma as they were getting over henoch schonlein purpura?
My 11 year old daughter came down with Henoch Schonlein Purpura in September of 2013, following a sore throat. We thought maybe the throat is what caused the purpura, but she also had a black type of wound on her knee that could have very well been a spider bite, so we are not sure which of the two ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By the return: Osteomyelitis the battle to neutralize a punishing disease
Collar bones feet and skull 47 times in hyperbaric chamber and two years oxygen cured it disease returned after cutting toe with axe during hurricane like locked horns with disease no winner yet have not found drug to neutralize the superbug its very punishing taking 100 herbal pills daily plus clon ...
- By Frank: Addison's disease and gabapintin
a 100 mg gabapentin capsule has left me totally spaced out with blurred vision and disorientation for 3 days now. Never again do I want to go near one of those capsules. Dr. prescribed 100 mg. druggist filled 300 mg. I am sure thankful I doubled checked and got 100 mg instead. The 300 mg would h ...
- By Isabel: Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Adderall 20, Zoloft, Xanax, Seroquel for a patient with Diabetic Neuropathy, Adhd, Drug Diversion, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Ibuprofen, Alprazolam, Clonazepam, Gabapentin, Cymbalta, Oxycodone for a patient with Md Ordered, Labs Low, Md Ordered, Energy Increased, Bone Pain, Panic Attacks, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Leg Pain, Depression, Pain - Shoulder. The patient has White Blood Cells Urine Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Fenofibrate, Alprazolam, Metoprolol Tartrate, Fluoxetine, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Neurontin for a patient with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Anxiety, Hearth Failure, Depression, Muscle Spasms, Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.