Review: Xanax and Keppra drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Xanax and Keppra. It is created by eHealthMe based on 539 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Xanax (latest outcomes from 58,692 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Keppra (latest outcomes from 21,097 users) has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 539 people who reported to have interactions when taking Xanax, Keppra are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Keppra (levetiracetam)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Xanax, Keppra:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||105|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||55|
|Headache (pain in head)||44|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Xanax, Keppra:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Jaundice (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes)||6|
|Cyanosis (lack of oxygen in body leads to blue appearance of skin ,mucous membrane nails)||6|
|Heart Disease Congenital||3|
|Upper Respiratory Tract Infection||3|
|Rhinorrhoea (watery mucus discharge from the nose)||3|
|Respiratory Disorder (respiratory disease)||3|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Keppra (levetiracetam) is often used to treat epilepsy. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Xanax is used in:
- Keppra is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Xanax alternatives:
- Keppra alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (13 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
can these medications produce your heart to flatline 4 seconds they did cardiac testing then a loop monitor which picked up a few incidents and they want to put a pacemaker now i am only 32 i do have mental and physical issues is this reaolly necessary
Imy BMI is 19. Blood pressure is never above 80/58. Heart rate is usually in the 60's. I walk approx 2 miles each weekday morning in an attempt to have more energy. Reason for the post - I am truly so tired (?) (not weak) most days that I sit at a table from 11AM until 8:30 PM. I wake up between 5-6 AM each day and only attend church for activities other than walking. I do not drive, as a rule. My concern is that my level of tiredness is getting worse. My medication has not changed. Wondering if i should I investigate the meds or bp or just be content sitting. Not depressed at all, actually, quite happy.
also take vitamin d3 2000iu once a day for 5+ yrs
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By falcore1: Can u use albuterol intravenously like i do adderall
i ran out of adderall,i want to use albuterol instead in my cocktail of oxycodone ir and xanax,will it feel anything close to adderal or rittlin??
- By Ralshell: Has anyone have restless syndrom after taking keppra
I was diagnosed with restless leg syndrome after taking keppra. My condition is serve, luckily I was in the hospital when I had my episode. I was on camera for observation of partial seizure when this happened on my second day in the hospital. Has one had a severely bad episode. I became hysterical ...
- By always kept private: Should you take zoloft with keppra and lamictal
Should I take Zoloft with Keppra and Lamictal? I sometimes feel like I am going to have seizure and this became more prevalent when I began taking Zoloft
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By poetbjc: Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now. Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures Some o ...
- By Chelette: Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
- By Drsaidno: Ringing in the ears from keppra
The ringing started almost immediately. Two doctors I saw said they never heard of that side effect with Keppra. It's bad from late at night through the early morning.
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone Hydrochloride, Keppra, Divalproex Sodium, Alprazolam, Zonisamide, Morphine Sulfate, Oxycontin for a patient with Pain, Grand Mal Seizure, Adjustment Disorder With Depressed Mood, Chronic Depression, Seizure Disorder, Pain In Extremity.
- A study of drug interactions between Keppra, Klonopin, Topamax, Alprazolam for a patient with Tonic Clonic Seizures Resulting From Benign Brain Tumor Surgery 3 Gm Daily, Rls & Seizures Resulting From Benign Brain Tumor Surgery 1mg. Daily Daily, Visual Seizures Resulting From Benign Brain Tumor Surgery 25mg Daily, Tinnitus.
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen - 500MG;5MG, Alprazolam - 1MG, Levothyroxine Sodium - 0.125MG, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Pantoprazole Sodium, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Cranberry Fruit, Fish Oil, Multivitamin for a patient with Back Pain, Stress And Anxiety, Thyroid Disorder, Pimples, Restless Leg Syndrome, Heartburn Prevention, Sleep Disorder Therapy, Bladder Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Healthy Living.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.