Review: Xanax and Synthroid drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Xanax and Synthroid. It is created by eHealthMe based on 8,385 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Xanax (latest outcomes from 58,692 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,377 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
On Mar, 2, 2014: 8,385 people who reported to have interactions when taking Xanax, Synthroid are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Xanax, Synthroid:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||1,888|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||1,148|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||1,131|
|Headache (pain in head)||871|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Xanax, Synthroid:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)||48|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||21|
|Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)||21|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used to treat hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Xanax is used in:
- Synthroid is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Xanax alternatives:
- Synthroid alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
Had cervical neck surgery on C2 thru C4 in February 2011. Left hand got numb about a year later. A local neurologist said I had carpal tunnel and I was operated on in April 2013. No improvement. Had additional neck surgery on C2-C4 in June 2013. No improvement. Could amlodipine besylate 10mg 1/day be causing the problem?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By fatima: To know whether drugs for hypothyroidism have side effects
hypertension range 130-140/90-95 for 2 mths. No previous history
- By falcore1: Can u use albuterol intravenously like i do adderall
i ran out of adderall,i want to use albuterol instead in my cocktail of oxycodone ir and xanax,will it feel anything close to adderal or rittlin??
- By Nancy: How long before the a fib stops after stopping cymbalta?
Have been taking Cymbalta for 2 months for nerve pain and developed atrial fibrillation. I stopped taking the drug 4 days ago. Can I expect the atrial fibrillation to stop any time soon?
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Edie: Having trouble swallowing food
it started like having heartburn the food would not go down. Progressively got worse so went a digestive doctor she ran all kinds of test (scope, went up my nose and down my throat had problems with that one,cat scan and berium test. Well they found a mass on my thyroid and had to remove have of it ...
- By Isabel: Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
- By Deborah: Itching skin caused by taking crestor
After taking Crestor for 4 months or so, raised small spots on my forearms. More itchy evening and night, tried cortisone creams no relief. Dr though it might be due to dry skin, but on researching on the internet found this sort of information pointing to the Crestor as a possible cause. I decided ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Synthroid, Metoprolol Tartrate, Clonidine, Wellbutrin Sr, Xanax, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Enlarged Prostate, Thyroid Nodule Removal, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Numb Left Hand With Tingling
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Tramadol, Alprazolam, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prempro, Carafate, Celexa, Treximet, Promethegan, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a patient with Heartburn - Chronic, Pain, Anxiety And Stress, Blood Pressure Increased, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour, Hormone Level Abnormal, Migraine, Nausea, Muscle Strain. The patient has Nausea, Pain Exacerbated, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Migraine, Hormone Level Abnormal, Low Thyroid (Hypothyroidism), Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure), Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Xanax, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a patient with Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour, Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks, Panic Attack. The patient has Thyroiditis, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.