Review: Xanax Xr and Adderall Xr 5
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Xanax Xr and Adderall Xr 5. It is created by eHealthMe based on 795 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
On Apr, 7, 2014: 795 people who reported to have interactions when taking Xanax Xr, Adderall Xr 5 are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Xanax Xr (alprazolam)
- Adderall Xr 5 (amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Xanax Xr, Adderall Xr 5:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Somnolence (a state of near-sleep, a strong desire for sleep)||221|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||177|
|Headache (pain in head)||128|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Xanax Xr, Adderall Xr 5:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Cholecystitis Chronic (long lasting infection of gallbladder)||40|
|Diverticulum (out pouching of a hollow (or a fluid-filled) structure in the body)||28|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||23|
|Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood)||21|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
|Adderall Xr 5||1.09%||20.65%||28.26%||35.87%||14.13%|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Bipolar disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Adderall 10
- Adderall 5
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Xanax Xr (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Adderall Xr 5 (amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate) is often used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Xanax xr is used in:
- Adderall xr 5 is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Xanax xr alternatives:
- Adderall xr 5 alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 days ago):
From this study (2 weeks ago):
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Seems like it is resistant to medications and it is recurring and seems like treatment just makes it more worse.
Teenage son had single psychotic episode
Elevation all the symptoms I have had
Obsessed with worry about my son
Can not focus on other issues
Started having grand mal seizures at age 24. Have had over 50 seizures, all grand mal and all sever in length and recovery time. Severe loss of memory. Accompanied by 3 strokes. Two TIA and one causing left body from shoulder down for weeks. Cannot drive. Cannot work. Longest length in between episodes is a little over a month. Single mother concerned for my son's and my own safety. Idiopathic. Tried MANY different regiments of medications. Breakthrough severe seizures always occur. Have see. Seen many specialist all test preformed, no solid answers at all. NO history of epilepsy or seizure disorder in family. At a loss. Please help me get my life back.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Timing of taking wellbutrin xl 300 with diovan 80
I take levoxyl when waking up. After eating breakfast usually I take wellbutrin, diovan, and vitamin d together. If taking adderall, I would take at this time. Sometimes red yeast rice in morning, sometimes later in the day. Estradiol is taken before bed. Is it OK to take wellbutrin and diovan toget ...
- How to stop le and foot cramps?
I have been having severe leg, calf and foot cramps. I had them as a child and as I grew up, they stopped. Started having them again after my open-heart-surgery in 07. Just occasionally at first but now, almost every night. I take a potassium supplement and also try a mixture of apple cider vinegar ...
- What are side effects if i mix celebrex with meloxicam?
I had total joint done on right leg about 3 years ago. Left knee was getting bad at that time, but I've gotten by with cortisone injections up until now. I've had cortisone shots in my both hips. I've developed an issue with right wrist, severe pain, not much range of motion, dr. makes me wear a ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Cardiac arest & adderall 20xr
38 year old mother of four, non smoking, no drugs, 5'6" 135 pounds, active healthy lifestyle, Family History of heart disease, only medications taken we Adderall XR 20 1 time per day from 2007-2009. I w0uld love to take part of any study to find out if the Adderall has any relation to the cardiac ar ...
- Olanzepine withdrawal
Has been taking Zyprexa 2.5-5mg daily for 10 yrs.Developed metabolic syndrome and subsequently diabetes after 3 years on zyprexa.Has since tried multiple times but unsuccessfully to discontinue zyprexa.Apparent withdrawal sxs include severely depressed moods ,inability to get out of bed,severe weakn ...
- Celexa, xanax and restoril combo caused an immediate onset of dementia in my 79 year old father
My father has been on Celexa for years now. 2 months ago, my mother (his wife of 50 years) passed away. My father immediately had anxiety and sleeping problems that accompanied his anxiety. His doctor prescribed, on top of the Celexa, Restoril for sleep, and Xanax during the day. Over a period o ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Dexilant, Welchol, Xanax, Adderall 30, Adderall 20, Lamotrigine, Lithium Carbonate, Effexor for a patient with Heartburn Indigestion Acid Reflux, Diarrhoea Infectious, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Adhd, Bipolar I Disorder, Bipolar Mania, Depression. The patient has Oral Thrush (Thrush)
- A study of drug interactions between Butrans, Symbicort, Prednisone, Lipitor, Alprazolam, Adderall 20 for a patient with Reversal Of Opiate Activity, Asthma, High Blood Cholesterol, Stress And Anxiety, Loss Of Balance. The patient has Unmotivated, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- A study of drug interactions between Marijuana, Adderall 15, Xanax, Lamictal for a patient with Poor Personal Hygiene, Add, Epilepsy. The patient has Thought Withdrawal, Grip Strength Decreased, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness (Weakness), Speech Impairment (adult), Hypertension Aggravated (High blood pressure), Heart Rate Increased, Confusional Arousal, Clammy Skin (Skin - clammy), Paralysis (Muscle function loss), Tia (Transient ischemic attack), Stroke, Minor Cognitive Motor Disorder, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension (Stress and anxiety), Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition (Generalized anxiety disorder), Sweating Increased, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Cold Sweat (Skin - clammy), Loss Of Memory (Memory loss), Sudden Memory Loss (Memory loss), Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Long-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Idiopathic Generalised Epilepsy, Body Movements - Uncontrollable (Movement - uncontrollable), Movement - Uncontrollable, Eye Movements - Uncontrollable, Uncontrolled Movements (Movement - uncontrollable), Feeling Uptight (Stress and anxiety), Feeling Abnormal, Feeling Jittery, Grand Mal Convulsion, Breakthrough Pain
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Klonopin, Xanax for a 56-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Daytrana, Adderall for a 60-year old man who has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- Comparions of Prochlorperazine, Alprazolam for a 22-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.