Review: Xanax Xr and Adderall Xr 5 drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Xanax Xr and Adderall Xr 5. It is created by eHealthMe based on 792 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Xanax xr (latest outcomes from 644 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Adderall xr 5 (latest outcomes from 328 users) has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
On Mar, 7, 2014: 792 people who reported to have interactions when taking Xanax Xr, Adderall Xr 5 are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Xanax Xr (alprazolam)
- Adderall Xr 5 (amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Xanax Xr, Adderall Xr 5:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Somnolence (a state of near-sleep, a strong desire for sleep)||152|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||89|
|Headache (pain in head)||66|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Xanax Xr, Adderall Xr 5:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Cholecystitis Chronic (long lasting infection of gallbladder)||20|
|Diverticulum (out pouching of a hollow (or a fluid-filled) structure in the body)||14|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||12|
|Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood)||11|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
|Adderall Xr 5||1.09%||20.65%||28.26%||35.87%||14.13%|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Bipolar disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Adderall 10
- Adderall 5
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Xanax Xr (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Adderall Xr 5 (amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate) is often used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Xanax xr is used in:
- Adderall xr 5 is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Xanax xr alternatives:
- Adderall xr 5 alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
From this study (1 month ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
I will go to another room to get something, but while I am walking to the room that I need to be in I forget what I went there for
I gained weight rapidly and want to know if any of these medications or combination of any of them caused the weight gain.
Started taking androgel for low T levels for 1 month and had a-lot heart burn and the that was changed to axiron and then I started feeling like I had hot face ( Maybe High Blood Pressure) and severe water retention or weight gain
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By falcore1: Can u use albuterol intravenously like i do adderall
i ran out of adderall,i want to use albuterol instead in my cocktail of oxycodone ir and xanax,will it feel anything close to adderal or rittlin??
- By Lmprn0925: I take ms contin 60 mg twice daily, yet my drug screens are coming back negative. as a result, my pain management doc refuses to order me any more pain mediciation.
I have been a pain management patient at a local pain clinic for about a year now. My medication is MS Contin that is prescribed. However, my oral swab drug screens have been coming back negative for the Morphine. So, needless to say, my doctor has cut me off of pain meds. Has anyone else had thi ...
- By cristina: I want to know what causes my asthenia
since 2012 I don`t feel like going out of home, except when I am obliged to go to work. It is getting worse.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By LuckytobeAlive: Cardiac arest & adderall 20xr
38 year old mother of four, non smoking, no drugs, 5'6" 135 pounds, active healthy lifestyle, Family History of heart disease, only medications taken we Adderall XR 20 1 time per day from 2007-2009. I w0uld love to take part of any study to find out if the Adderall has any relation to the cardiac ar ...
- By tam: Olanzepine withdrawal
Has been taking Zyprexa 2.5-5mg daily for 10 yrs.Developed metabolic syndrome and subsequently diabetes after 3 years on zyprexa.Has since tried multiple times but unsuccessfully to discontinue zyprexa.Apparent withdrawal sxs include severely depressed moods ,inability to get out of bed,severe weakn ...
- By Tonya: Celexa, xanax and restoril combo caused an immediate onset of dementia in my 79 year old father
My father has been on Celexa for years now. 2 months ago, my mother (his wife of 50 years) passed away. My father immediately had anxiety and sleeping problems that accompanied his anxiety. His doctor prescribed, on top of the Celexa, Restoril for sleep, and Xanax during the day. Over a period o ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Adderall 20, Zoloft, Xanax, Seroquel for a patient with Diabetic Neuropathy, Adhd, Drug Diversion, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss)
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Calcium, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Inderal La, Zolpidem Tartrate, Cymbalta, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Adderall Xr 20, Acyclovir, Alprazolam, Progesterone, Cenestin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Cramps - Leg, Low Amount, Health, Bone Health, Chronic Insomnia, High Blood Pressure, Depression - Chronic And Fibromyalgia, Depression - Chronic, Add, Optical Herpes, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Menopause, Back Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Axiron, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac, Lortab, Adderall 30 for a patient with Severe Tbi, Testosterone, Sleep Due Severe Tbi, Ocd, Pain, Add. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Severe Water Retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.