Review: taking Xifaxan and Alcohol together
Summary: there is no drug interactions reported by people who take Xifaxan and Alcohol together yet.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Xifaxan and Alcohol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Xifaxan and Alcohol >>>
On Mar, 31, 2015: 0 people who takes Xifaxan, Alcohol is studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Xifaxan (rifaximin)
- Alcohol (alcohol)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
Get connected: join our support group of Xifaxan and Alcohol on
Do you take Xifaxan and Alcohol?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Xifaxan and Alcohol
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Alcohol for a 47-year old man with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Proptosis
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Gemfibrozil, Omeprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 53-year old man with None, Blood Triglycerides, Acid Reflux, Major Depression. The patient has Death
- A study of side effects of Xifaxan for a 37-year old woman with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth. The patient has Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Lisinopril, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 62-year old woman with Mood, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Sleeplessness. The patient has Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Mirena for a 29-year old woman with Noni, Contraception. The patient has Nausea
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Xifaxan (rifaximin) is often used to treat hepatic encephalopathy. Alcohol (alcohol) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Xifaxan is used in:
- Alcohol is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Xifaxan alternatives:
- Alcohol alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.