Review: Zantac 150 and Savella drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Zantac 150 and Savella. It is created by eHealthMe based on 41 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Zantac 150 (latest outcomes from 3,800 users) has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Savella (latest outcomes from 3,359 users) has active ingredients of milnacipran hydrochloride. It is often used in fibromyalgia.
On Mar, 7, 2014: 41 people who reported to have interactions when taking Zantac 150, Savella are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Zantac 150 (ranitidine hydrochloride)
- Savella (milnacipran hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Zantac 150, Savella:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)||10|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||9|
|Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body)||7|
|Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease (stomach contents (food or liquid) leak backwards from the stomach into the oesophagus)||5|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Zantac 150, Savella:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Blepharospasm (any abnormal contraction or twitch of the eyelid)||4|
|Hot Flushes (sudden feelings of heat)||2|
|Wheezing Aggravated (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breathe)||1|
|Awful Psychotropic Effects Lsd Like||1|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Zantac 150 (ranitidine hydrochloride) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Savella (milnacipran hydrochloride) is often used to treat fibromyalgia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zantac 150 is used in:
- Savella is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Zantac 150 alternatives:
- Savella alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Cause of a symptom possibly be due to interaction between spironolactone and seroquel?
Am Transgender, MtF, 20 years post operative, major Depressive lifelong, and rage, both inherited from birth mother, suicidal at times, un-named sleep disorder since teens Had started Spironolactone in around April of this year due to sudden breastmass loss, and then more recently, Seroquel for sle ...
- Will my medications interact
I am on methadone for pain and klonopin for anxiety. I started getting sharp pains right below my ribs and my doctor gave me zantac for it and I want to make sure that it's ok to be taking this combo of drugs because my doctor is always giving me medications that interact with the methadone or klono ...
- Is there a correllation between diphenhydramine usage and congestive heart failure?
I have been a diabetic for 15 yrs, insulin dependent for 8 yrs. I was diagnosed with CHF in July of 2012. I have had two more episodes where I have decompensated, the most recent at the time of this writing (7/6). I took 2 doses of 50 mg Benadyl each about 4=5 hrs. apart. I was fine last night when ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Polyuria associated with zantac
I was prescribed Zantac 150mg before breakfast and before dinner. After two days, I felt tired and had polyuria (by weight change 650 mL). I had kidney pain so drank water with a tiny bit of salt. Felt very nauseous, but more water helped. Continued to sip water til kidney pain eased. Have discontin ...
- Off label use of drugs for peripheral neuropathy causing memory loss
I have peripheral neuropathy with standard symptoms of burning, tingling, stabbing pain on the tops of my feet. I have had this condition for over 15 years getting worse over time. The last 5 years I have seen a couple of doctors and through trial and error we settled on a combination of Savella and ...
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Klonopin, Zantac 150 - EQ 150MG BASE, Simvastatin, Aspirin, Lamictal - 50MG, Lisinopril, Acyclovir, Savella, Melatonin, Extra Strength Tylenol - 500mg, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Calcium for a patient with Depression, Anxiety, Gerd, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Pain, Bipolar 1, High Blood Pressure, Herpes Virus Infection, Fibromyalgia, Insomnia, Vitamin D Deficiency, Healthy Living, Bone Density Decreased. The patient has Diarrhoea (Diarrhea), Lamictal
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Diovan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Combivent, Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Keflex, Savella, Lyrica for a patient with Hypothyroidism - Secondary, Hypertension - Renovascular, Pain, Copd, Gerd, Insomnia, Mvp, Nerve Pain. The patient has Awful Psychotropic Effects Lsd Like
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.