Review: Zetia and Norvasc drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Zetia and Norvasc. It is created by eHealthMe based on 1,801 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Zetia (latest outcomes from 24,928 users) has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Norvasc (latest outcomes from 80,391 users) has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
On Feb, 28, 2014: 1,801 people who reported to have interactions when taking Zetia, Norvasc are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Zetia (ezetimibe)
- Norvasc (amlodipine besylate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Zetia, Norvasc:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||320|
|Myocardial Infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)||206|
|Myalgia (muscle pain)||181|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||163|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||133|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Zetia, Norvasc:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Myalgia (muscle pain)||35|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||26|
|Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent||22|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||15|
|Cerebral Infarction (less blood supply to brain resulting tissue damage)||11|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased
- Diabetes mellitus
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Zetia (ezetimibe) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Norvasc (amlodipine besylate) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zetia is used in:
- Norvasc is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Zetia alternatives:
- Norvasc alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (5 months ago):
are any of my medicines causing my hair loss
I have difficulty understanding some people and other instances i.e., at the movies or watching t.v. I need closed captions otherwise I may not understand what is being said.
diagnosed with probable narrow angle glaucoma yesterday
sustained slip and fall injury to ulna nerve hand, arm, shoulder, back
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Teach 70: What are the effects of multiple drugs on chromagranin a levels?
I have been diagnosed with carcinoid cancer and had a very small tumor removed. My CgA levels have been, since my surgery, below 200. Recently, the number jumped to 2000. My doctor and I are trying to find out if any of the many drugs I take, in addition to my diabetes medications and insulin, can ...
- By lefty: Does enalapril cause dry mouth
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
- By ruth: Mother hears music and her siblings in her head /can't hear normal everyday talk
Church music ,her siblings talking to her in her head im not sure any of these are causing the noise she hears??
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Milton Toal: Melformin and hiccups
Started Metformin yesterday at 250 mg after breakfast. Severe hiccups for 5+ hours, approx 5 - 10.30 p.m. Very hard to relieve by breathing into a bag and took several tries to stop. Could not stop until I alkalised with Bi-carb soda in water, twice. Started again in the night, about 1.30 am. Took ...
- By voisin: Diarrhea for 4 years on ezetimibe
Had diarrhea for four years which stopped within 8 weeks of stopping the medication.
- By satie: Mouth ulceration in cozaar
For painful mouth ulcers caused either by my blood pressure drug, Losartan, or my cholesterol med, Zetia, I rinsed my mouth with warm salt water. The ulcers are healed. I have other side effects but both these drugs cause similar symptoms it's impossible to tell which is causing certain side effects ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Armour Thyroid, Estring, Amlodipine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Metformin, Losartan Potassium, Zetia for a patient with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Hrt, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Viagra, Metoprolol Succinate, Zetia, Norvasc for a patient with Erectile Dysfunction, Heart Palpitations, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Aphasia (Speech impairment (adult))
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamins, Epipen, Atorvastatin Calcium, Zetia, Alprazolam, Amlodipine Besylate, Atenolol, Ventolin Hfa, Advair Diskus 500/50, Albuterol Sulfate, Tudorza Pressair for a patient with Cramping, Osteoporosis, Health, Allergy Prophylaxis, High Blood Cholesterol, Depressed Mood, Hypertension, Copd. The patient has Recurrent Limb Pain, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping (Blockage of leg arteries), Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs (Foot, leg, and ankle swelling), Pain In Limb, Edema (Swelling), Eye Pain, Vision Blurred, Drug Allergies, Multiple Allergies, Asthma, Emphysema, Wheezing Aggravated, Osteoporosis, Fibromyalgia, Fast Pulse Rate, Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty), High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Copd (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.