Review: Zetia and Synthroid drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Zetia and Synthroid. It is created by eHealthMe based on 3,393 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Zetia (latest outcomes from 24,928 users) has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,377 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
On Mar, 5, 2014: 3,393 people who reported to have interactions when taking Zetia, Synthroid are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Zetia (ezetimibe)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Zetia, Synthroid:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||446|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||338|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||289|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||285|
|Headache (pain in head)||177|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Zetia, Synthroid:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)||10|
|Myalgia (muscle pain)||10|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||8|
|Diverticulum (out pouching of a hollow (or a fluid-filled) structure in the body)||6|
|Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)||6|
|Cognitive Disorder (mental health disorders affects learning, memory, perception, and problem solving)||4|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Zetia (ezetimibe) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used to treat hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zetia is used in:
- Synthroid is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Zetia alternatives:
- Synthroid alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
From this study (6 months ago):
From this study (11 months ago):
If I reduce the dose of Trazadone to 25mg from 50 mg, symptoms decrease but still persist.
Think depression is from anxiety concerning my memory loss and copd symptoms
Sine Feb 2013 began to developed swollen tongue and difficulty speaking and now is more severe making my speech difficult.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Is it safe to take pravastin while on remicade?
I have just started on Remicade and this drug scares the heck out of me! However it is being used as a last resort as no other medications were bring my ulcerative colitis under control I am very concerned about drug interactions and can't seem to get any straight answers from my doctor or the pha ...
- Has anyone had negative experiences with simvastin or with omerprazole?
I have been diagnosed as having diabetes but at this point I am not taking any meds for it, my numbers are excellent. I was not on a cholestral or blood pressure med until I was diagnosed with diabetes.
- To know whether drugs for hypothyroidism have side effects
hypertension range 130-140/90-95 for 2 mths. No previous history
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Low sperm count levothyroxine
i happend to not be able to contact doctor for a refill two weeks went by my sperm count before was so low with it i barely shot out of me two weeks later my count has quadrupled with out it id rather blow my brain out than be on that shit again
- Having trouble swallowing food
it started like having heartburn the food would not go down. Progressively got worse so went a digestive doctor she ran all kinds of test (scope, went up my nose and down my throat had problems with that one,cat scan and berium test. Well they found a mass on my thyroid and had to remove have of it ...
- Diarrhea for 4 years on ezetimibe
Had diarrhea for four years which stopped within 8 weeks of stopping the medication.
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, ASA, L - Tryptophan, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Pantoprazole, Ezetimibe, Synthroid for a patient with Anaemia, Vitamin D Abnormal, Arrhythmia, Insomnia, Depression, Gerd, Reduce Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Postnasal Drip (Nasal discharge)
- A study of drug interactions between Spiriva, Synthroid, Protonix, Mirapex, Zetia, Lipitor, Celexa, Sectral, Losartan, Clonidine Hydrochloride for a patient with COPD, Hypothyroidism, Reflux Gastritis, Rls, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Depression, Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Locoid, Metrogel, Loratadine, L - Arginine, Nexium, Psyllium Husk, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Primidone, Prednisone, Captopril, Clonazepam, Perphenazine, Wellbutrin Xl, Zetia, Synthroid for a patient with Preventive Health Care, Rosacea, Rhinitis Allergic, Gerd, Constipation, Performance Anxiety, Benign Essential Tremors, Nephrotic Syndrome, Hypertension, Ptsd, Schizoaffective Disorder, Depression - Major, Hyperlipidemia, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Angioedema, Swollen Tongue
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.