Review: Zoloft and Oxycodone drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Zoloft and Oxycodone. It is created by eHealthMe based on 2,391 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Zoloft (latest outcomes from 77,890 users) has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Oxycodone (latest outcomes from 25,627 users) has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
On Feb, 28, 2014: 2,391 people who reported to have interactions when taking Zoloft, Oxycodone are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride)
- Oxycodone (oxycodone hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Zoloft, Oxycodone:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||753|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||698|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||518|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Zoloft, Oxycodone:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation)||39|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||27|
|Headache (pain in head)||24|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma
- Back pain
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Oxycodone (oxycodone hydrochloride) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zoloft is used in:
- Oxycodone is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Zoloft alternatives:
- Oxycodone alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (4 months ago):
I have been taking all of these drugs since suffering two failed back surgeries, Accompanied by extreme stress and pain… Three years ago I started to develop melasma or pigmentation on my face and neck… I have spent many years in the sun without sunscreen however I believe that it is drug induced or stress induced. I have gone through many procedures and wear sunscreen every day but the condition still persists… Please help :
I was diagnosed with Herpes Type 2 many years ago, but VERY rarely have an outbreak. Recently, I have had lesions just on the left side of my body, from my lip to my genitals, as well as a very red eye...along with tingling and pain.
I dont think there is anymore.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Adam tyre: Almost asleep then vibration in ears and paralyzed when taking oxycodone
Sleep paralysis before asleep only when taking oxycodone several times a night a few time a week
- By Herb: Can xarelto cause my blood pressure to elevate
I had a stroke (TIA) TWO MONTHS AGO AND MY DOCTOR PUT ME ON A BLOOD THINNER XARELTO and my blood pressure is always high now. Example 197/112
- By falcore1: Can u use albuterol intravenously like i do adderall
i ran out of adderall,i want to use albuterol instead in my cocktail of oxycodone ir and xanax,will it feel anything close to adderal or rittlin??
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Christa: Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- By Angela Smith: Steven-johnsons syndrome caused by zoloft
Was diagnosed with depression start of last year due to my Aspergers multiplying school pressures for me. I was not put on any medication until 4 weeks ago. I was put on Zoloft 25mg, which slowly increased to 50mg. The moment I started on 50mg it caused severe lip dryness leading to cracking of the ...
- By leeskies: I got acute psychosis from 60mg oxycontin
I hate the new oxys with glue! Thanks to big brother! I got off 25 mg of methadone after 2 years and took oxys for two days then took subutex and was fine. then a few days later I took oxys for ten days straight and when I got off I was in psychosis for 3 weeks and ended up in three mental hospitals ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Oxycontin, Diazepam, Zoloft, Seroquel for a patient with Back Injury, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Skin Hyperpigmentation
- A study of drug interactions between Nabumetone, Probiotics, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, Xanax, Estradiol, Soma, Wellbutrin Xl, Zoloft for a patient with Chronic Pain, Nausea In The Morning - Females, Insomnia, Anxiety, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Muscle Spasms, Depression. The patient has Acne, Eye Redness, Headache, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension (Stress and anxiety), Herpes Virus Infection, Chronic Pain, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Estradiol, Gabapentin, Oxycodone, Methadone Hydrochloride, Xanax for a patient with Depression, Anxiety, Mood Swings, Menapaus. Day And Night Sweats Severe, Severe Mood Swings, Sever Nerve Damage, Fibermialga,chronic Back,hip,neck Should Pain,astioauthritis,astioprosis,inpinged Nerve Damage,burning Nerves Throughtout My Body.spinalstnosis,herneated Disk,3 Buldging Disk.my Left Shoulder Is Pain, Fibermialga,chronic Back,hips,neck And Left Shoulder Pain.burning Nerve Pain Throughtout Body., Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has I Have Had Numbing That Numbed Half My Face,toung,throut,neck,breast, And Down Left Arm, Extemely Severe Cramps In R.leg And Foot, Cramping In Toung When Trying To Eat Or Sometimes When I Talk, Numbing,tingling,burning.in Back,leg,feet,left Arm., Ptsd (Post-traumatic stress disorder), Menapausal, Severe Annxiety, Asophigus Disorder, Spinal Stenosis, Herniatedisk, Bulging Disk, Astiprosis, Arthritis, Inpinged Nerve Damage, Shoulder Pain, Total Hip Replacement (Hip joint replacement), Fibermialga,, Chronic Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.