Review: Zyrtec and Lipitor drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Zyrtec and Lipitor. It is created by eHealthMe based on 2,055 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Zyrtec (latest outcomes from 29,808 users) has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Lipitor (latest outcomes from 132,452 users) has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 2,055 people who reported to have interactions when taking Zyrtec, Lipitor are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Zyrtec (cetirizine hydrochloride)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Zyrtec, Lipitor:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||542|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||288|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||233|
|Headache (pain in head)||190|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Zyrtec, Lipitor:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Myocardial Infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)||26|
|Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint)||12|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||11|
|Alanine Aminotransferase Increased||9|
|Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (nerve compression at wrist results numbness weakness, pain , swelling)||9|
|Sleep Apnoea Syndrome (a sleep-related disorder in which the effort to breathe is diminished or absent)||9|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Zyrtec (cetirizine hydrochloride) is often used to treat allergen. Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zyrtec is used in:
- Lipitor is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Zyrtec alternatives:
- Lipitor alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
From this study (1 month ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
History of general muscular and joint aches for several years. Ongoing itch in groin with no rash, with periodic small recurrent open sore in the same location in the groin, oozing a white, smelly substance if not treated with fungicide, antibiotic or alcohol. Fluid filled swelling in left elbow, aspirated and tested positive for crystals consistent with pseudogout. Paecilomyces lilacinus was detected in lab results for pseudogout. Betadyne was used. When aspirant was taken, but physician attributes this to airborn fungi. Patient suspects groin symptoms and other issues may be caused by the drugs or fungus or combination.
I STOPPED TAKING CETIRIZINE 4 DAYS AGO...AS I READ THAT NOW, THAT MEDICATION CAN HAVE SIDE EFFECTS OF ANXIETY.
I take Benicar, Toprol and aspirin for high blood pressure. I take Lasix for swelling hand and blood pressure. Lipitor for high cholesterol. I take prednisone and indomethacin for swelling hand pain. Synthroid for low thyroid due to amiodarone. Zyrtec for sneezing. I take Tylenol for hand swelling pain. I have been told that I have had pneunmonia for 6 days. I was given an antibiotic (Cednifir) but has not helped. My red blood cells are low. I have bruing on both arms. I have lost a lot of muscle. last year I had 6 inches of my intestine removed after been hospitalized for what I felt as stomach pain
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can high cholesterol cause you to have pain in the left side of the neck
I am loosing wheight and I am on a low cholesterol diet and take a multi vitaminsI.I also have oain in the left sign of the neck.
- How likely is it that celexa will increase blood pressure?
I have been taking Remeron 15 mg for a few months and recently added 5 mg Celexa. My systolic blood pressure went up immediately; it had been mostly in the high 120's and now is 140+. Is this a coincidence, or could the Celexa be causing it?
- Penis is not sensitive. difficult to ejaculate, little, sometimes, no semen produced
I have no problem getting an erection; however, I seem to "lose interest" and full erection shortly after I penetrate. Viagra, etc. have not helped with this. As noted above, my penis is less sensitive and requires a lot of friction for me to ejaculate. Amount of ejaculate greatly reduced. I am look ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lipitor bad reaction
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
- Tiredness on citalopram and cetirizine
Extreme tiredness......sleep more sleep and slight confusion when I wake...like a zombie mode switched on inside my head ...all I can do is yawn and sleep not good when your a busy mum
- Nausea with felodipine
I am incapacitated by nausea and headaches until mid afternoon. I take 5 mg felodipine each night about 11 pm. What can I do to manage it.
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin D, Zyrtec, Allopurinol, Doxazosin Mesylate, Atorvastatin Calcium for a patient with Health, C-reactive Protein Abnormal, Allergic Sinusitis, Purine Metabolism Disorder, Bph, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Itching In The Groin (Jock itch), Paecilomyces Lilacinus, Pseudogout, Bursitis
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Allergies, Pnd. The patient has Anxiety And Stress (Stress and anxiety)
- A study of drug interactions between Indomethacin, Zyrtec, Tylenol, Folic Acid, Prednisone, Toprol-xl, Synthroid, Lipitor, Benicar, Lasix, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Pain In Swelling Hand, Cough And Sneezing, Pain From Swelling Hand, To Treat Side Effect Of Synthroid, Swelling, High Blood Pressure, Low Thyroid, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Irregular Heartbeat. The patient has Cough, Weight Loss, Hand Swelling Bruising On Both Arms,
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.