Review: Zyrtec and Zoloft drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Zyrtec and Zoloft. It is created by eHealthMe based on 1,542 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Zyrtec (latest outcomes from 29,808 users) has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Zoloft (latest outcomes from 77,890 users) has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
On Mar, 10, 2014: 1,542 people who reported to have interactions when taking Zyrtec, Zoloft are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Zyrtec (cetirizine hydrochloride)
- Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Zyrtec, Zoloft:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||478|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||245|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||227|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Zyrtec, Zoloft:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)||26|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||13|
|Pain In Extremity||12|
|Biliary Dyskinesia (motility disorder that affects the gallbladder and sphincter of oddi)||12|
|Tenderness (pain or discomfort when an affected area is touched)||10|
|Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation)||10|
|Dyspnoea Exertional (breathlessness or shortness of breath)||10|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Zyrtec (cetirizine hydrochloride) is often used to treat allergies. Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zyrtec is used in:
- Zoloft is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Zyrtec alternatives:
- Zoloft alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (10 months ago):
From this study (10 months ago):
From this study (13 months ago):
Dizziness experienced 1-3 hours of taking Dexilant in the morning on an empty stomach. Headache and pressure behind eyes makes it difficult to drive and work at a computer screen at work. Eating in 1-hr intervals seems to help.
Need to know if Diarrehia is a side effect?
Recently have spots of pitechea on lower legs and abdomen. INR is normal. Sever chills at night mainly.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Slo: If i take garcinia cambogia will it interfere with my other meds?
I take 40 mg of Lisinopril, 20mg of Pravastatin, 5mg Amlodipine Besylate, once per day. I take 100 mg of Sertraline Hcl Tabs. (one and one half per day) I use Clobex as needed for Psoriasis on my legs. I am on oxygen 24 hours a day @3 liters. I do take nebs twice a day every 12 hours of Perf ...
- By Saff: What is the general life span for patients of acute cerebellar ataxia, after their said diagnosis?
unsteady gait and sight weakness besides forgetfulness and limb weaknesses affecting speed, writing, speech etc.
- By Jammcglam: Can i take 2 aleve if i have a headache when i'm on tarceva
At night I have a slight headache and want to know if it is ok to take 2 aleve. Doesn't happen every night. Just been on tarceva for 12 days.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Christa: Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- By linzijay: Tiredness on citalopram and cetirizine
Extreme tiredness......sleep more sleep and slight confusion when I wake...like a zombie mode switched on inside my head ...all I can do is yawn and sleep not good when your a busy mum
- By Angela Smith: Steven-johnsons syndrome caused by zoloft
Was diagnosed with depression start of last year due to my Aspergers multiplying school pressures for me. I was not put on any medication until 4 weeks ago. I was put on Zoloft 25mg, which slowly increased to 50mg. The moment I started on 50mg it caused severe lip dryness leading to cracking of the ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Myzilra, Dexilant, Xanax, Aleve, Zyrtec Allergy, Flonase, Sertraline for a patient with Birth Control And Family Planning, Gerd, Panic Disorder, Menstrual Cramps, Multiple Allergies, Allergies, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Headache, Blurred Vision (Vision problems), Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec, Vyvanse, Simvastatin, Estradiol, Lisinopril, Sertraline for a patient with Gerd, Adhd, Cholesterol Test, Hormone Replacement Therapy, High Blood Pressure, Depression/anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Toprol-xl, Midodrine Hydrochloride, Aspirin, Zyrtec, Zoloft, Klonopin for a patient with Stroke, Atrial Fibrillation, Slow Heart Beat, Histamine Level, Anxiety. The patient has Petechiae (Bleeding into the skin)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.