Review: Zyrtec and Zoloft
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Zyrtec and Zoloft together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Zyrtec and Zoloft. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,651 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zyrtec and Zoloft >>>
What are the drugs
Zyrtec (latest outcomes from 29,940 users) has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Zoloft (latest outcomes from 78,254 users) has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 1,651 people who take Zyrtec, Zoloft are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Zyrtec (cetirizine hydrochloride)
- Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride)
Drug effectiveness over time :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Zyrtec is effective||20.00%|
(2 of 10 people)
(4 of 15 people)
(7 of 9 people)
(9 of 21 people)
(13 of 24 people)
(9 of 17 people)
(9 of 11 people)
(1 of 1 people)
|Zoloft is effective||10.00%|
(1 of 10 people)
(7 of 19 people)
(4 of 7 people)
(8 of 13 people)
(15 of 29 people)
(8 of 15 people)
(14 of 17 people)
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Drug Hypersensitivity||Chest Pain||Insomnia||Pulmonary Embolism||Abdominal Pain||Depression||Fatigue||Pain|
|Rash||Pulmonary Embolism||Foetal Exposure During Pregnancy||Chest Pain||Biliary Dyskinesia||Anxiety||Nasal Ulcer||Anxiety|
|Sleep Disorder||Oedema Peripheral||Congenital Anomaly||Pain In Extremity||Pain||Fatigue||Systolic Bruit||Nausea|
|Depression||Fatigue||Sudden Infant Death Syndrome||Hypoaesthesia||Nausea||Insomnia||Constipation||Fatigue|
|Oedema Peripheral||Pain In Extremity||Raoultella Ornithinolytica Infection||Tenderness||Depression||Depression Aggravated||Diverticulitis Aggravated||Dyspnoea|
|Dyspnoea||Dyspnoea||Petechiae||Dyspnoea Exertional||Diarrhoea||Vomiting Nos||Cholestasis||Fall|
|Condition Aggravated||Myocardial Infarction||Dental Caries||Oedema Peripheral||Atelectasis||Chest Pain||Rash||Back Pain|
|Feeling Jittery||Depression||Vaginal Haemorrhage||Subclavian Vein Thrombosis||Pneumonia||Exacerbation Of Anxiety||Blurred Vision||Chest Pain|
|Pharyngolaryngeal Pain||Insomnia||Tiredness||Mitral Valve Incompetence||Pyelonephritis||Diarrhoea||Dizziness||Asthenia|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
|Zyrtec is effective||50.57%|
(44 of 87 people)
(10 of 21 people)
|Zoloft is effective||58.62%|
(51 of 87 people)
(6 of 23 people)
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Dyspnoea||Osteonecrosis Of Jaw|
|Pain In Extremity||Nausea|
Drug effectiveness by age :
|Zyrtec is effective||n/a||n/a||33.33%|
(3 of 9 people)
(7 of 19 people)
(15 of 56 people)
(18 of 56 people)
(8 of 22 people)
(3 of 10 people)
|Zoloft is effective||n/a||n/a||37.50%|
(3 of 8 people)
(10 of 20 people)
(18 of 57 people)
(13 of 66 people)
(10 of 22 people)
(3 of 11 people)
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||Drug Administration Error||Suicide Attempt||Pulmonary Embolism||Pain||Pain||Anxiety||Nausea|
|Drug Ineffective||Dyspnoea||Abdominal Pain||Depression||Headache||Nausea||Anxiety|
|Neck Pain||Anxiety||Pain In Extremity||Dyspnoea||Fatigue||Asthenia||Pain|
|Dystonia||Vomiting||Chest Pain||Rash||Anxiety||Diarrhoea||Chest Pain|
|Condition Aggravated||Rash||Abdominal Pain||Back Pain||Pain||Dyspnoea|
|Loss Of Consciousness||Biliary Dyskinesia||Nausea||Chest Pain||Vomiting||Spinal Osteoarthritis|
|Pulmonary Infarction||Yawning||Gallbladder Disorder||Dyspnoea||Pyrexia||Osteonecrosis Of Jaw|
|Non-cardiac Chest Pain||Palpitations||Injury||Fall||Arthralgia||Pain In Jaw|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Zyrtec and Zoloft?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Zyrtec and Zoloft
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zyrtec and Zoloft
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who take Zyrtec
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who take Zoloft
That's the truth! :( Sorry there isn't an easy fix.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My son is 10 and he has been on risperdone for 6 months. he has all season allergies. he takes zyrtec, but it is not working for him... any suggestions?
(Asked by a 10 year old boy who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type, and takes Zyrtec)
My son is getting worse since been on Risperdone, I thinking it has something to do with zyrtec
- Is sleep walking a side effect of taking zoloft
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Sleep Walking, and takes Zoloft, Tridione)
my daughter was on Zoloft and claims she was sleep walking. I'm wondering is this is true because she said it was from the Zoloft and I just need to find out . if Zoloft can cause a person to sleep walk.
- Any experience or studies of vyvance (lisdexamfetamine) causing vit b12 absorbsion issues and ultimately deficiency?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, ADHD, Pernatious Anemia, and takes Sertraline, Vyvanse)
Taking Vyvance for about 12 months and just been diagnosed with Pernicious Anaemia and Vit B12 deficiency. Symptoms triggering B12/Intrisic factor tests was extreme fatigue and foul mood during a menstrual cycle. Looking to see if anyone else has a similar issue or any knowledge of Vyvance causing ...
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Effect of zoloft and vitamin d on seborrheic keratoses
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Depression, Seborrheic Keratosis, and takes Vitamin D, Zoloft)
Has anyone noted a change in their seborrheic keratoses after taking Zoloft? Any changes after taking Vitamin D either 5000 IU daily or 50000 IU weekly
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Soar throat after taking sertaline
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Sore Throat, and takes Sertraline)
half a pill first timw. severe soar throat 2 hrs after taking 25mg
- Miscarriage 6 weeks while on sertraline
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Miscarriage, and takes Caffeine, Alcohol, Sertraline)
On sertraline 150 mg a day, alcohol (1+ drink a day) and high caffeine. Sertraline lowered to 100mg when 4.5 weeks pregnant, no alcohol no caffeine. Miscarried at 6 weeks.
- Laryngitis and fluconazole
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has U.t.i. And Yeast Infection , and takes Zoloft)
Occasionally when I have a severe yeast infection, I get laryngitis. I am so thankful your article addresses this, as the doctors I have seen were less than receptive when I suggested a link. I do not have any of the other health concerns listed in the study, but am taking fluconazole.
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Psychosis, weight loss and topamax
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Brain Hemorrhage, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Partial Seizures, and takes Zoloft, Klonopin, Topamax)
I had a brain hemorrhage in my occipital lobe. It left me with with a partial seizure disorder. The seizures would interrupt my ability to see. I was trying different anti-seizure medication and they all made me more tired and more depressed. My neurologist decided to try topamax. On topamax I ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Zyrtec (cetirizine hydrochloride) is often used to treat allergies. Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zyrtec is used in:
- Zoloft is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Zyrtec alternatives:
- Zoloft alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Acyclovir, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Onfi for a patient with Depression, Oral Herpes, Bursitis, Epilepsy. The patient has Leakage When Cough, Sneeze, Exercise, Laugh, Difficult To Urinate At Times., Overactive Bladder
Comments: I have had overactive bladder for over eight years, but it is getting worse. I go to the bathroom at least 9-10 times a night. I usually go at least once every hour. Now I am having some resistance when I try to urinate. I have to bend over and push hard to get all the urine out of my bladder. T ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec Allergy, B Complex Vitamin, Magnesium, Lepidium Meyenii for a patient with Allergy, Fatigue, Anemia, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos). The patient has Fever, Infertility Female, Vision Blurred, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Mood Swings, Hot Flashes, Skin Flaking, Skin - Dry, Itching, Itching - Burning Eyes, Urination - Difficulty With Flow, Urination - Excessive Volume, Urination - Excessive At Night, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Chronic Depression, Confusional State, Eye Movements - Uncontrollable, Dizziness, Chills, Fatigue, Shortness Of Breath, Swelling Of Fingers, Eye Redness, Allergic Cough, Throat Irritation, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Headache, Edema, Swelling Face, Swollen Tongue, Throat Tightness
Comments: I keep having an allergic reaction while ONLY in my apartment. I've had these symptoms with (worsening over time) since moving in. I would like to know if I have a possible mold allergy because my place is very old and has no ventilation. My symptoms such as the swelling, edema, throat tightness, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Zyrtec Allergy, Bacillus Probiotics, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Dextromorphan Hydrobromide, Cymbalta, Lasix, Carbamazepine, Zonisamide, Tegretol, Gabapentin for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Back Injury, Seasonal Allergy, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Muscle Spasms, Cough, Depression, Fluid Retention, Trigeminal Nerve Disorder. The patient has Back Injury, Back And Forth Eye Movements, Cough, Facial Nerve Disorder
Comments: 1st 3 symptoms due to a tooth extraction on 10/22/12 by an over-zealous dentist. After much effort the tooth finally came out and he exclaimed, "Most dentists would have sent a patient with a tooth like that to an oral surgeon, but I seem to have very good luck in getting them out." Little did I k ...
- A study of drug interactions between Actifed, Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, Sertraline, Alprazolam for a patient with Allergic Respiratory Disease, Inflammation, Fever, Chronic Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Mental Status Changes, Depression Aggravated, Psychosis Aggravated, Hallucination, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Feeling Of Despair, Dizziness, Psychotic Behaviour, Changes In Consciousness, Irritability, Feeling Of Despair, Confusion Aggravated
Comments: Do not take Actifed (pills) if you're under alprazolam treatment, especially if you're having a high dosis of the benzodiazepine (or if you're being treated for a long time). The psychiatric effects can be devastating and your anxiety disorder and/or depression can get much worse. Unentencionally ( ...
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a patient with Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Erythema Multiforme (type of hypersensitivity reaction)
Comments: I'm currently 19 years old, and I've been on generic Zoloft 50 mg (AKA sertraline) since I was 13 due to anxiety attacks after the death of my sister. At first it didn't help much, but I kept with it to see if it would eventually help me. I started having bad anxiety again at 15 and was bumped up to ...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.