Aricept, Oxybutynin Chloride for a 76-year old man
This is a personalized study for a 76 year old male patient who has Alzheimer's Disease. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 35 male patients aged 76 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Aricept (latest outcomes from 15,462 users) has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in memory loss.
Oxybutynin chloride (latest outcomes from 2,865 users) has active ingredients of oxybutynin chloride. It is often used in urge incontinence.
What are the conditions
Alzheimer's disease (alzheimer's disease (ad) is the most common form of dementia, a neurologic disease) (latest reports from 377 patients) can be treated by Aricept, Namenda, Exelon, Donepezil, Donepezil Hydrochloride.
On Nov, 22, 2014: 35 males aged 76 (±5) who take Aricept, Oxybutynin Chloride are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Alzheimer's Disease
- Aricept (donepezil hydrochloride): used for 1 - 6 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Oxybutynin Chloride||The drug has been added in the study. Outcomes of the drug mix are shown.|
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Respiratory Depression (respiration has a rate below 12 breaths)||n/a||Pneumonia Aspiration (bronchopneumonia that develops due to the entrance of foreign materials into the bronchial tree)||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)|
|Shock (a life-threatening condition with symptoms like low blood pressure, weakness, shallow breathing, cold, clammy skin)||Respiratory Depression (respiration has a rate below 12 breaths)||Ataxia Nec|
|Pneumonia Aspiration (bronchopneumonia that develops due to the entrance of foreign materials into the bronchial tree)||Shock (a life-threatening condition with symptoms like low blood pressure, weakness, shallow breathing, cold, clammy skin)||Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||Urinary Tract Infection|
|Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action)||Clonic Convulsion (long lasting seizure)||Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination)|
|Cardio-respiratory Arrest (sudden dysfunction of heart and lungs)||Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action)||Myoclonic Jerks (involuntary twitching of a muscle or group of muscles)|
|Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)||Cardio-respiratory Arrest (sudden dysfunction of heart and lungs)||Renal Disorder (kidney disease)|
|Cerebral Infarction (less blood supply to brain resulting tissue damage)||Depression|
|Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)||Muscle Rigidity (muscle stiffness)|
|Cardio-respiratory Arrest (sudden dysfunction of heart and lungs)|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Alzheimer's Disease
- support group for people who take Aricept
- support group for people who take Oxybutynin Chloride
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How does aricept compare to exelon for diarrea side effect?
(Asked by a 80 year old man who has Alzheimer's Disease, and takes Aricept, Exelon)
When I was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2009 I started on Aricept. After I reached the 10mg. dose I had a very severe case of diarrhea. I want to try a medicine approach again and hope to later add Namenda. I again have started Aricept. If the diarrhea problem with Aricept repeats,should I try Exel ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Short-Term Memory Loss, Hyperlipidaemia, and takes Zopiclone, Donepezil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Folic Acid, Q10, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
Related drug interaction studies:
- Aricept and Oxybutynin Chloride drug interactions (313 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Aricept for Alzheimer's Disease reported by 107 people (updated 16 minutes ago)
Complete drug side effects:
Aricept side effects reported by 14,907 people (updated 4 weeks ago)
Aricept side effects reported by 14,907 people (updated 4 weeks ago)
- Alzheimer's Disease (9 drugs in 186 reports) (updated 1 week ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Donepezil for a patient with Memory Loss. The patient has Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur)
Comments: Patient has an Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder and severe memory issues. He has self diagnosed himself as having Dementia (which may be true as well). Is normally verbally abusive and thinks those that do not tolerate or try to put boundaries on his abusive behaviors are "against him". D ...
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Aricept for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Alchezeimers. The patient has Night Sweats
Comments: Starts at around 2am
- A study of side effects of Donepezil for a patient with Dementia Of The Alzheimer's Type, With Delusions. The patient has Tegratol
Comments: is donepezil corsing my wifes incontiance
- A study of drug interactions between Coenzyme Q10, Ginkgo Biloba, Aricept for a patient with Health, General Physical Health Deterioration, Dementia Alzheimer's Type. The patient has Depression, Fecal Incontinence, Regressive Behaviour, Memory Impairment
Comments: Patient has had surgery for colon and liver cancer
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Escitalopram, Donepezil, Namenda for a patient with Anxiety, Hypothyroidism, Depression, Dementia. The patient has Syncope Vasovagal
Comments: seems to black out standing up after bowel movements but not always.
Common symptoms:Men of age 60+ with Alzheimer's Disease:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.