What could cause Hallucinations for a 88-year old woman?
This is a personalized study of Aricept, Zoloft drug interactions for a 88 year old female patient who has Dementia, Depression - Elderly. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 280 female patients aged 88 (±5) who take the drugs and have drug interactions.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Dementia, Depression - Elderly
- Aricept (donepezil hydrochloride): used for < 1 month
- Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride): used for 1 - 6 months
Drug interactions have: moderate hallucinations
On Jan, 14, 2014: 280 females aged 83 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking Aricept, Zoloft are studied
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports |
among females aged 83 (±5) who take the drugs
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom||Number of reports |
among females aged 83 (±5) who have the condition, regardless of which drug is taken
|Hallucinations in Dementia||29 (2.31%)|
|Hallucinations in Depression - Elderly||0 (0.00%)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect||Number of reports |
among females aged 83 (±5) who take the drug
|Hallucinations in Aricept||60 (1.55%)|
|Hallucinations in Zoloft||35 (1.35%)|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 83 (±5) in the use of Aricept, Zoloft:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful)||30|
|Depressed Level Of Consciousness||24|
|Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water)||17|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||16|
|Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement)||15|
|Speech Disorder Nec||14|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 83 (±5) in long term use of Aricept, Zoloft:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Disorientation (disability in which the senses of time, direction, and recognition of people and places)||10|
|Short-term Memory Loss||6|
|Hypernatraemia (an abnormally high plasma concentration of sodium ions)||6|
|Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development)||5|
|Malnutrition (condition that results from eating a diet in which certain nutrients are lacking)||5|
|Psychomotor Retardation (motor mental retardation)||4|
|Hydrocephalus (water on the brain)||2|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
- Aricept and Zoloft drug interactions (1,054 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Aricept for Dementia reported by 82 people (updated 6 hours ago)
- Zoloft for Depression - Elderly reported by 25 people (updated 1 day ago)
In-depth study of side effects (who have it, when it happens and how):
- Hallucinations in Aricept reported by 326 people (updated 3 weeks ago)
- Hallucinations in Zoloft reported by 625 people (updated 3 weeks ago)
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
- Hallucinations in Dementia reported by 144 people (updated 3 months ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Dementia (12 drugs in 198 reports) (updated 2 days ago)
- Depression - Elderly (23 drugs in 194 reports) (updated 3 weeks ago)
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
fet sick from pravastatin
took aricept and doctor and guardian put me in memorory loss care facility cause I would not take the medication because make me sick it is poison me
i have 2d grade achool from poland an can't read or write good
I feel like they are killing me with drugs
Have feelings similar to hangover.. Sometimes short lived other times all day. Tiredness and malaise.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By dolores: Will ataxia symptoms disappear once zoloft is stopped
85 year old mom was given zoloft 4 weeks after hip replacement due to a fall. Prior to zoloft she was recovering great. Since zoloft her weakness has steadily gotten worst to now not being able to walk. Ataxia symptoms. Dr wants to wean off zoloft. My concern will the weakness go away and will she ...
- By Karamella: Normal pressure hydrocephalus & metoclopramide
My Mom while recovering from a hip fracture in a rehab center was given Metoclopramide for 2 days when she suddenly (about 2-3 hours after her dose of metoclopramide at lunch time) became completely disoriented,lethargic and could not speak. She could barely swallow, and could not drink liquids even ...
- By Lorraine: Is donepezil a "safe" drug for people with atrial-fib to take?
I was diagnosed with Atrial-Fib in 2006, soon after my husband died. I have no problems with it and my blood pressure is always normal. I am 89 years old and have been told that I look MUCH younger. I am very active- love dancing, which I am still able to do. My problem is that recently I found ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Christa: Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- By Angela Smith: Steven-johnsons syndrome caused by zoloft
Was diagnosed with depression start of last year due to my Aspergers multiplying school pressures for me. I was not put on any medication until 4 weeks ago. I was put on Zoloft 25mg, which slowly increased to 50mg. The moment I started on 50mg it caused severe lip dryness leading to cracking of the ...
- By snoozy: Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline Hydrochloride, Donepezil Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression, Dementia.
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Ibuprofen, Losartan, Pravastatin Sodium, Zoloft, Aricept, Glycine 1.5% In Plastic Container for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Pain Management, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Anxiety, Memory Impairment, Heart Rate Abnormal. The patient has Dizziness, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Nausea, Cold Body, Glucoma, Agressive Behavior, Paranoid, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Arthritis
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine - 150MG, Metoprolol Tartrate, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Aricept, Xanax for a patient with Bi Polar, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Depression, Elevated Cholesterol, Dementia, Anxiety. The patient has Urinary Incontinence Aggravated
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.