A study for a 60-year old woman who takes Azilect, Benadryl
Summary: 2 female patients aged 60 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 60 year old female patient who has Parkinson's Disease, Sinus Congestion. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
Personalized health information: on eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA and social media since 1977. Our tools are free and anonymous. 66 million people have used us. 200+ peer-reviewed medical journals have referenced our original studies. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Azilect has active ingredients of rasagiline mesylate. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from 1,811 Azilect users)
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 29,405 Benadryl users)
What are the conditions
Parkinson's disease can be treated by Sinemet, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Azilect, Mirapex, Sinemet Cr, Requip Xl. (latest reports from 25,017 Parkinson's Disease patients)
Sinus congestion (blockage of sinus) can be treated by Sudafed 12 Hour, Nasonex, Mucinex D, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Flonase, Fluticasone Propionate. (latest reports from 5,982 Sinus Congestion patients)
On May, 11, 2015: 2 females aged 54 (±5) who take Azilect, Benadryl are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Parkinson's Disease, Sinus Congestion
- Azilect - EQ 1MG BASE (rasagiline mesylate): used for 1 - 6 months
- Benadryl - 25MG (diphenhydramine hydrochloride): used for 1 - 6 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Balance Disorder||Balance Disorder|
|Weight Decreased||Weight Decreased|
|Hallucinations, Mixed||Hallucinations, Mixed|
|Nervous System Disorder||Nervous System Disorder|
|Muscular Weakness||Muscular Weakness|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
You are not alone! Join a related support group:
- support group for people who have Parkinson's Disease
- support group for people who have Sinus Congestion
- support group for people who take Azilect
- support group for people who take Benadryl
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who have Parkinson's Disease
"Parkinson's and Slow Gallbladder Do you know whether Parkinson's disease slows down the gallbladder function that leads to stones and gangrene? Thank you for your replies."
- Support group for people who take Azilect
"Hello Everyone! I have been taking Azilect to alleviate Parkinson symptoms for about 7 years without obvious side effects until the last two weeks. I am currently experiencing a rash on both legs & arms on areas exposed to the Sun. The body areas not normally exposed to the sun haven't been affecte ... "
- Support group for people who take Benadryl
"I'm very happy to have discovered this group. I'm 38 years old. I have Gastroparesis and CIP. I have an accessed port that I use for hydration and a few meds. I'm tube fed for the most part. I have an adhesive allergy and have to take IV Diphenhydramine to combat the rashes and blisters. My e ... "
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What diet should i follow to maintain or better my health?
Mirapex 1.5 and Mirapex .75 every morning
Azilect 1 mg at bedtime
Alprazolam .5mg as needed for anxiety
Klor Con for leg cramps
- Can diphenhydramine cause a false positive for pcp on a drug test?
I'm trying to find the cause of a false positive for PCP on a urine drug screen. I'm fairly certain it is Benedryl, which contains diphenhydramine, but want to check this out.
- My appendix was removed during a c-section when i was 24. i was diagnosed with ms at the age of 37. could there be any correlation between these events?
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Misdiagnosed with bipolar mania and corticosteroid induced psychosis
A doctor began prescribing me the Advair Diskus 100/50 when I was around 16 or 17 years old, but I didn't start taking it regularly as prescribed until I got to college in 2006. Being on my own for the first time, I really buckled down on keeping my asthma under control, which at the time I thought ...
- Sids/benedryl infant stopped breathing
We are devastated. Our grand daughter was being breastfed and mother only took 1 tablet of Benedryl 25 mg and healthy baby girl died of SIDS following morning. Any information is appreciated.
- Diphenhydramine and mental acuity
For at least 10 years, I have taken diphenhydramine 50 mg. at bedtime for insomnia and allergies. The results have been that I sleep well with no hangover or any cognitive impairment. If I experience vertigo from allergies, I may take an additional 50 mg. but never exceeding 100 mg in a 24 hour peri ...
- Dyphenhydramine and headaches horrible going one almost 24 hours a day for 4 weeks and cant get them to stop, now looking for cause . think its the dyphenhydramine im taking to help me sleep . (1 response)
have been taking 3 dyphenhydramine for some time to help me sleep , just in last few weeks began having severe headache almost all the time.. cant get it to go away. just found out it can cause headache and am going to lower my intake to one per night and see if my headaches get better. am taking mi ...
- Nightmare on benadryl
After 5 nights without sleep and not having past bad dreams, the last 2 night's taking walfrin sub, for benadryl has terrified THE WORST OF WORST dream in my 55 years. Peaceful start of a dream then seeing myself or family,friends get slottard.crazy thing is I don't watch scary movies or the news. I ...
Related drug interaction studies:
- Azilect and Benadryl drug interactions (9 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Azilect for Parkinson's Disease reported by 119 people (updated 32 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for Sinus Congestion reported by 24 people (updated 1 day ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Parkinson's Disease (35 drugs in 984 reports) (updated 32 minutes ago)
- Sinus Congestion (60 drugs in 634 reports) (updated 2 weeks ago)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.