Azilect, Benadryl for a 54-year old woman
This is a personalized study for a 54 year old female patient who has Parkinson's Disease, Sinus Congestion. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2 female patients aged 54 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Azilect (latest outcomes from 1,800 users) has active ingredients of rasagiline mesylate. It is often used in parkinson's disease.
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,359 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
What are the conditions
Parkinson's disease (latest reports from 59,470 patients) can be treated by Sinemet, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Azilect, Mirapex, Requip Xl, Sinemet Cr.
Sinus congestion (blockage of sinus) (latest reports from 30,759 patients) can be treated by Sudafed 12 Hour, Nasonex, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Mucinex D, Flonase, Fluticasone Propionate.
On Nov, 24, 2014: 2 females aged 54 (±5) who take Azilect, Benadryl are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Parkinson's Disease, Sinus Congestion
- Azilect - EQ 1MG BASE (rasagiline mesylate): used for 1 - 6 months
- Benadryl - 25MG (diphenhydramine hydrochloride): used for 1 - 6 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||Hypotonia (low muscle tone)||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Hypotonia (low muscle tone)|
|Balance Disorder||Balance Disorder|
|Weight Decreased||Weight Decreased|
|Headache (pain in head)||Headache (pain in head)|
|Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves)||Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves)|
|Hallucinations, Mixed (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind -mixed)||Hallucinations, Mixed (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind -mixed)|
|Nervous System Disorder (a general class of medical conditions affecting the nervous system)||Nervous System Disorder (a general class of medical conditions affecting the nervous system)|
|Muscular Weakness (muscle weakness)||Muscular Weakness (muscle weakness)|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Parkinson's Disease
- support group for people who have Sinus Congestion
- support group for people who take Azilect
- support group for people who take Benadryl
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who have Parkinson's Disease
Welcome! Is there any specific information or help that you are looking for that I can assist with?
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What diet should i follow to maintain or better my health?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has ADD, Depression, Mitral Valve / Tricuspid Valve Regurgitation, Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Klor-con, Alprazolam, Azilect, Mirapex ER)
Mirapex 1.5 and Mirapex .75 every morning Azilect 1 mg at bedtime Alprazolam .5mg as needed for anxiety Klor Con for leg cramps
- Can diphenhydramine cause a false positive for pcp on a drug test?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Allergies, and takes Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride)
I'm trying to find the cause of a false positive for PCP on a urine drug screen. I'm fairly certain it is Benedryl, which contains diphenhydramine, but want to check this out.
- My appendix was removed during a c-section when i was 24. i was diagnosed with ms at the age of 37. could there be any correlation between these events?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, and takes Avonex, Betaseron, Rebif, Dexamethasone, Ampyra, Novantrone, Tysabri, Baclofen, Ibuprofen, Provigil, Benadryl, Tylenol, Claritin)
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nightmare on benadryl
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has Nightmare, Hard Time Sleeping, and takes Benadryl)
After 5 nights without sleep and not having past bad dreams, the last 2 night's taking walfrin sub, for benadryl has terrified THE WORST OF WORST dream in my 55 years. Peaceful start of a dream then seeing myself or family,friends get slottard.crazy thing is I don't watch scary movies or the news. I ...
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Completed Suicide, and takes Alcohol, Methenamine Hippurate, Xanax, Benadryl)
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Leg pain and occasional arm and hand pain
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Lower Leg Pain, and takes Benadryl)
I started having leg pains at night, lower leg felt like the muscle and bone were being pulled causing sharp pain. It was relieved by getting up and walking but would last most of the night. I finally realized after suffering this over and over for months, that it only happened when I had taken be ...
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion
(Posted by a 77 year old woman who has Parkinsons, and takes Prozac, Wellbutrin, Sinemet)
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait). She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once p ...
Related drug interaction studies:
- Azilect and Benadryl drug interactions (9 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Azilect for Parkinson's Disease reported by 183 people (updated 3 days ago)
- Benadryl for Sinus Congestion reported by 24 people (updated 3 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Parkinson's Disease (34 drugs in 951 reports) (updated 6 days ago)
- Sinus Congestion (60 drugs in 627 reports) (updated 1 month ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum Silver, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Soma, Benadryl, Melatonin, Clonazepam, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Zocor, Dexilant, Hyzaar for a patient with General Health & Wellness, Health, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety And Stress, Ibs, High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Low Volume Of Seminal Fluid, Drug-induced Erectile Dysfunction
Comments: I have a relatively weak erection (estimate 50-60% of maximum erection potential) and tend to have a weak orgasm with only a moderate amount of ejaculate (even after 2-4 weeks of abstinence). I am in excellent cardiovascular health exercising 3-4 days a week on an elliptical, achieving sustained exe ...
- A study of side effects of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a patient with Chronic Idiopathic Angioedema. The patient has Injection Site Burning
Comments: I've had this condition for 10 years. I used injectable Benadryl for a year or two. I then came off of it and just started back on it on Jan of this year. I was told to inject by IM when my condition isn't flared up. I have been swelling around twice a week. When this happens it can be life threatin ...
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Benadryl, Allegra Allergy, B Complex Vitamin, Multivitamin, Paxil, Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Allergy To Chemicals, Multiple Allergies, General Physical Health Deterioration, Health, Anxiety Disorder, Asthmatic Crisis, Asthma. The patient has Acute Severe Asthma, Sweating Fever
Comments: I have had hospitalization (2012)due to a mold allergy. I am on disability bc of this. I moved to Florida bc the cold weather of Michigan was not helping my asthma condition. (I have had asthma for 25 years. Severe allergies since childhood.) Recently my sweating and asthma has gotten worse and I u ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Ibuprofen for a patient with Fever. The patient has Henoch-schonlein Purpura, Urine Flow Decreased, Slurred Speech, Leg Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
Comments: Mother has made claims of illness for child since age 2. Has said Dr. thinks he has IBS - age 2. May have a liver disease - age 3. Had rashes that cleared up when with us, recurred when returned home. Told husband Dr. said he had Eczema and would have to take medication the rest of his life. Conditi ...
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a patient with I Have Been Abusing It In Large Doses.. The patient has Schizophrenic Like Symptoms Of Paranoia, Disordered Thinking, No Hallucinations Though, Severe Anxiety, Seizures As A Child, Hand Flapping, Autistic Symptoms, Severe Social Phobia
Comments: My mother used to give me Benadryl at least every night as a child, I am not sure how much or for how many years, and I had seizures, both grand mal and petit mal, hand flapping, walking on tiptoe. As an adult I have been diagnosed I believe with Schizophrenia, with no hallucinations but unclear thi ...
Common symptoms:Women of age 50-59 with Parkinson's Disease:
- Pathological gambling (102 reports)
- Fall (97 reports)
- Dyskinesia (93 reports)
- Stress and anxiety (79 reports)
- Tremor (73 reports)
- Drowsiness (71 reports)
- Pain (67 reports)
- Nausea (65 reports)
- Malaise (60 reports)
- Emotional distress (60 reports)
- Pathological gambling (102 reports)
- Parkinson's disease (88 reports)
- Stroke (59 reports)
- Compulsive shopping (58 reports)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (54 reports)
- Suicide attempt (52 reports)
- Weight increased (45 reports)
- Leukopenia (45 reports)
- Mitral valve incompetence (45 reports)
- Abnormal behaviour (43 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.