Drug interactions between Benadryl, Excedrin for a 29-year old woman?
This is a personalized study of Benadryl, Excedrin drug interactions for a 29 year old female patient who has Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Migraine - Common. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 25 female patients aged 29 (±5) who take the drugs and have drug interactions.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Migraine - Common
- Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride): used for < 1 month
- Excedrin (Novartis (acetaminophen; aspirin; caffeine): used for 1 - 2 years
On Jan, 10, 2014: 25 females aged 24 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking Benadryl, Excedrin are studied
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 24 (±5) in the use of Benadryl, Excedrin:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||8|
|Cerebral Infarction (less blood supply to brain resulting tissue damage)||8|
|Transverse Sinus Thrombosis (a blood clot in transverse sinus)||8|
|Cerebral Haemorrhage (bleeding within the brain)||8|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)||4|
|Hypokalaemia (low potassium)||4|
|Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect)||3|
|Cholecystitis Chronic (long lasting infection of gallbladder)||2|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 24 (±5) in long term use of Benadryl, Excedrin:
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
- Excedrin and Benadryl drug interactions (123 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Benadryl for Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper reported by 29 people (updated 1 day ago)
- Excedrin for Migraine - Common reported by 10 people (updated 4 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Migraine - Common (27 drugs in 292 reports) (updated 4 days ago)
- Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper (36 drugs in 581 reports) (updated 2 days ago)
Comments from related studies:
From this study (9 months ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
I am a 44 year old female with a very low testerone level of 3. I recently just got off of the birth control pill and have suffered from depression and anxiety for half of my life. I have recently reduced the Baclofen and Paxil and have started to feel worse. Can you please let me know the interactions, symptoms and side effects of all these pills?
I often will break out into an extreme cold sweat,(soaking my clothes) I experience nausea sometimes with dry-heaving and vomiting. I feel like I'm going to faint or collaspe. I can experience these symptoms at random times, but If I physically exert myself, (at all) I will always experience these symptoms at a high level! These symptoms occur more often after 11 A.M. and into the afternoon and evening. If I don't take adderal(60-90mg SR a day) I experience overwhelming exhaustion,increased depression, as well as not being able to concentrate on anything! I took dozens of tests for the ADHD diagnosis at a competent psychiatry facility. P.S. I also take hormone replacement therapy: Estratest full strength I have chronic kidney disease--GFR 45. I had to retire early from my job as a fulltime high school teacher I taught art classes where I was exposed (on a regular basis) to all kinds of harmful,toxic substances! But my bloodwork doesn't reveal anything really majorally abnormal. When I went to donate blood at the Red Cross, I was rejected as a donor--they said I have Hepatitus C, but after going to a specialist, this diagnosis wasn't comfirmed as positive!
PavlovsbItch on Apr, 13, 2012:
see above comment. you need to slowly, gently and safely detoxify. you are experiencing intense withdrawal symptoms when you don't take these poisons but if you have to and know what you're dealing with, going cold turkey can be done but please be gentle and go slow if you can't handle the intensity.
Trust me, I'm not a doctor.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Greeneyes30: After you stop taking excedrin does it still cause anxiety forever?
I used to take excedrin everyday for headaches for a couple of years until one day I caught a panic attack and thought I was having a heart attack I was panicking,very shaky and thought I was going to die! I right away thought it had something to do with taking too much Excedrin so I threw it away a ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Jillie: Leg pain and occasional arm and hand pain
I started having leg pains at night, lower leg felt like the muscle and bone were being pulled causing sharp pain. It was relieved by getting up and walking but would last most of the night. I finally realized after suffering this over and over for months, that it only happened when I had taken be ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Benadryl, Paxil, Ativan, Natural DHEA, Baclofen, Candex, Cymbalta for a patient with Head And Neck Pain, Itching, Depression And Anxiety, Anxiety, Cortisol Level, Muscle Pain And Reduce Anxiety, Bad Bacteria And Yeast In The Intestines, Depression. The patient has No Energy, Joint Pain, Muscle Weakness (Weakness), Stomach Pain (Abdominal pain), Nausea, Extreme Bloating, Anxiety Aggravated (Stress and anxiety), Depression Aggravated, Severe Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Excedrin for a patient with Depression Postmenopausal, Allergies, Sleep Disorder Therapy, Migraine - Common.
- A study of drug interactions between Gravol, Benadryl, Excedrin for a patient with Queasiness, Hives, Migraine.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.