What could cause No Adverse Event for a 66-year old woman?
This is a personalized study of Losartan, Benadryl drug interactions for a 66 year old female patient who has High blood pressure, allergic cough. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 85 female patients aged 66 (±5) who take the drugs and have drug interactions.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: High blood pressure, allergic cough
- Losartan - 25MG (losartan potassium): used for 10+ years
- Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride)
On Jan, 24, 2014: 85 females aged 62 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking Losartan, Benadryl are studied
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports |
among females aged 62 (±5) who take the drugs
|No Adverse Event||0 (0.00%)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom||Number of reports |
among females aged 62 (±5) who have the condition, regardless of which drug is taken
|No Adverse Event in High Blood Pressure||16 (0.06%)|
|No Adverse Event in Allergic Cough||0 (0.00%)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect||Number of reports |
among females aged 62 (±5) who take the drug
|No Adverse Event in Losartan||1 (0.06%)|
|No Adverse Event in Benadryl||3 (0.11%)|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 62 (±5) in the use of Losartan, Benadryl:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water)||19|
|Pain In Extremity||19|
|Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break)||19|
|Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs)||18|
|Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves)||18|
|Spinal Osteoarthritis (joint cartilage loss in spine)||18|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 62 (±5) in long term use of Losartan, Benadryl:
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
- Benadryl and Losartan drug interactions (438 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Losartan for High Blood Pressure reported by 560 people (updated 1 hour ago)
- Benadryl for Allergic Cough reported by 10 people (updated 21 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Allergic Cough (20 drugs in 137 reports) (updated 2 weeks ago)
- High Blood Pressure (236 drugs in 22,095 reports) (updated 1 hour ago)
Drugs associated with:
Conditions associated with:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
From this study (4 years ago):
could the benadryl that is taken @ 75milligrams every 4 hours IM, cause high blood sugars, or produce complacation for diabetis?
started norvasc cozaar regimen 2 years ago. now, whenever I take it in the morning 2 hrs later I literally pass out! Help!
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Judith: Hypopituitarism and fever
I read your article on testing of hypopituitarisum and fever - http://www.ehealthme.com/cs/hypopituitarism/fever - Twice now in the past 2 years I have broken out in a great deal of pain accompanied by a high temperature of about 102. I was told since I take cortef, that I should not get fevers - bu ...
- By InPain: Six months of unremitting glossitis
could my swollen, painful tongue be due to low seratonin? my face creams? I have general pain that worsens on eating acidic foods, milk products,but pain disappears at night (thank God)
- By scarletQ: What does a methotrexate rash look like? a cytarabine rash? if either of these chemos is responsible for my rash, what does it indicate about appropriate therapies going forward?
Treated for Stage 1 Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma in 2009 and had only 4 courses of Chemo vs the usual 6 due to a rash that showed up on Day 14 of the 4th cycle. At end of treatment and 1 year following PET scan was negative. Diagnosed in April 2013 with Burkitt Lymphoma. Negative for HIV-AIDS, ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Little Helper: Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- By Denise: High blood pressure and hot flashes
Had normalish hot flashes and night sweats since age 23. Genetically predestined for early menopause like my mother. At age 41-42 stopped menstrual cycle ...Hot flashes intensified to unbearable! would be outside in below freezing weather sweating like I was sitting in a sauna, I am now 45. I found ...
- By edo: Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use). Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Humalog Pen, Benadryl, Lortab, Cozaar, Soma for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain Management, High Blood Pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Cozaar, Norvasc, Aspirin, Benadryl for a patient with Hypertension, Heart Disease Congenital, Allergic Sinusitis. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Dry Skin, Vision Blurred
- A study of drug interactions between Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Flexeril, Cozaar, Ambien, Aldomet for a patient with Sleep Aid, Muscle Pain, Blood Pressure.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.