Coumadin, Lactulose for a 52-year old woman
This is a personalized study for a 52 year old female patient who has DVT, Constipation. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 61 female patients aged 52 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Coumadin (latest outcomes from 75,087 users) has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots.
Lactulose (latest outcomes from 14,072 users) has active ingredients of lactulose. It is often used in constipation.
What are the conditions
Dvt (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis) (latest reports from 284,132 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Lovenox, Xarelto, Arixtra, Aspirin.
Constipation (latest reports from 515,750 patients) can be treated by Miralax, Colace, Amitiza, Senna, Lactulose, Polyethylene Glycol 3350.
On Nov, 17, 2014: 61 females aged 47 (±5) who take Coumadin, Lactulose are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: DVT, Constipation
- Coumadin (warfarin sodium): used for 10+ years
- Lactulose - 10GM/15ML (lactulose): used for < 1 month
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Peripheral Ischaemia (impaired circulation to an extremity)||Calciphylaxis (is a syndrome with vascular calcium accumulation)||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Urinary Tract Infection|
|Vaginal Haemorrhage (vaginal bleeding)||Proteinuria (presence of protein in the urine)||Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)|
|International Normalised Ratio Increased||Myocardial Ischaemia (the blood flow through one or more of the blood vessels that lead to heart (coronary arteries) is decreased)||Abdominal Pain|
|Haematemesis (vomiting of blood)||Cardiac Failure||Back Pain|
|Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage)|
|Rectal Haemorrhage (bleeding from anus)|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Constipation
- support group for people who have DVT
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who take Lactulose
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
Red ears and cheeks that feel warm to the touch. BP 142/78, pulse is weak but regular. When I stand up I get slight headache and I am shakey.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What are the death rate of woman taking coumadin on a long term basis for dvt?
I had a minor broken ankle which was cast for five days. On second day I felt major pain. After fifth day cast was removed and still no relief. After repeated visits to my doctor, they found a blood clot. Treated with Coumadin. A few weeks later, I got clots in my lungs. Stayed on Coumadin for a ...
- Does warfarin cause legs and feet swelling
been on warfain and asprin for three years, had to go off both meds for a week for surgey resumed meds and my legs and feet are swollen.cant stand on feet for long periods of time
- Can you take a laxative which taking coumadin 6 mg. and lovenox injections 100 mg.
Im taking medicine for DVT
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- How two legal drugs caused my hemorrahagic stroke
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Valtrex and warfarin
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect. Car ...
- Bloating and belching
My symptons started with bad breath and progressed over several months to excessive bloating and belching. I had a-fib for a long time and have a defib and pacemaker.A test indicated very slow metabolism. No one gave me a answer to my problem. I mentioned it to my GP and he suggested probiotics so I ...
- Insomnia from warfarin sodium?
Knee replacement two months ago and taking coumadin (warfarin, 6 mg daily). Had problems sleeping at night I initially attributed to some discomfort with knee replacement. At rehab location for three weeks then came home. Hard time sleeping at night. Watch TV most of night. Some anxiety and would ...
Related drug interaction studies:
- Coumadin and Lactulose drug interactions (1,029 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Coumadin for DVT reported by 221 people (updated 12 hours ago)
- Lactulose for Constipation reported by 49 people (updated 1 day ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Constipation (26 drugs in 795 reports) (updated 4 days ago)
- Dvt (12 drugs in 619 reports) (updated 12 hours ago)
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Factor V Leiden Mutation. The patient has Polymyalgia Rheumatica (pain in many muscles)
- A study of drug interactions between Lactulose, Bromhexine Hydrochloride, Codeine, Paracetamol, Temazepam, Magnesium Aspartate, Metformin, Aspirin, Telmisartan; Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Constipation, Coughing Up Blood, Cough, Headache, Insomnia, Cramps - Leg, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cardiac Infection, Hypertension. The patient has Conjunctival Pallor, Oxygen Saturation Decreased, Vomiting, Anaemia Folate Deficiency, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Paleness, Chest Pain, Back Pain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Coughing Up Blood, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Wellbutrin Xl, Effexor, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Hypercoagulable States. The patient has Itching, Upset Stomach, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Eplerenone, Digoxin, Magnesium, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Minoxidil, Clonidine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Jantoven, Lovastatin for a patient with High Arch, Atrial Fibrillation, Low Blood Magnesium, Low Blood Potassium, Hypertension, Fluid Retention, Cholesterosis. The patient has Asthenia, Numbness And Tingling, Disorientation, Muscle Weakness Aggravated, Shortness Of Breath, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Jantoven, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container for a patient with Atrial Fib, Low Serum Potassium.
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Alprazolam, Lactulose, Daytrana, Effexor, Ondansetron, Ursodiol, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Tacrolimus for a patient with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Encephalopathy - Hepatic, Depression, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Immunosuppressant Drug Therapy. The patient has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Fatigue - Chronic, Major Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Senna, Lactulose, Gaviscon, Paracetamol, Omeprazole, Ondansertron Hydrochloride, Oxycodone Hydrochloride, Erythromycin for a patient with Constipation, Heartburn, Pain, Acid Reflux, Serum Sickness, Pain - Swallowing (burning), Mastectomy. The patient has Copper Taste
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Uti - Recurrent (recurrent urinary tract infection)
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Post Heart Surgery & A Fibrilation. The patient has Post Nasal Drip/running Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Montelukast Sodium, Warfarin Sodium, Pantoprazole, Simvastatin for a patient with Allergies, Blood Thinner, Stomach Hernia, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Anisocoria
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Metformin, Warfarin Sodium, Wellbutrin Xl, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 51-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Vitamin E, Warfarin Sodium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin for a 66-year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Arimidex for a 79-year old woman who has Breast Cancer
- Comparions of Benicar, Warfarin Sodium, Metformin, Prednisone, Zytiga for a 80-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Conjugated Linoleic Acid, Warfarin Sodium for a 54-year old man who has Arythmya
- Comparions of Miralax, Generlac for a 59-year old woman who has Constipation
- Comparions of Eliquis, Pradaxa, Coumadin, Xarelto for a 74-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Xarelto, Warfarin Sodium for a 58-year old woman who has Afib With Quick Response
- Comparions of Xarelto, Warfarin Sodium for a 56-year old woman who has Blood Clots
Common symptoms:Women of age 50-59 with Dvt:
- Deep venous thrombosis (96 reports)
- Pulmonary embolism (42 reports)
- International normalised ratio increased (36 reports)
- Nausea and vomiting (31 reports)
- Nausea (31 reports)
- Fever (29 reports)
- Breathing difficulty (27 reports)
- Rashes (25 reports)
- Hypotension (21 reports)
- Anaemia (21 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.