Concerta, Advil Pm for a 16-year old boy
This is a personalized study for a 16 year old male patient who has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Headache. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5 male patients aged 16 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Concerta (latest outcomes from 10,399 users) has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Advil pm (latest outcomes from 226 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride; ibuprofen. It is often used in insomnia.
What are the conditions
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd) (latest reports from 52,620 patients) can be treated by Vyvanse, Concerta, Adderall 20, Adderall 30, Ritalin, Adderall Xr 30.
Headache (pain in head) (latest reports from 199,069 patients) can be treated by Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Excedrin, Aspirin, Advil, Fioricet.
On Nov, 22, 2014: 5 males aged 11 (±5) who take Concerta, Advil Pm are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Headache
- Concerta - 54MG (methylphenidate hydrochloride): used for 2 - 5 years
- Advil Pm - 25MG;EQ 200MG FREE ACID AND POTASSIUM SALT (diphenhydramine hydrochloride; ibuprofen): used for 1 - 6 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Serotonin Syndrome (occurs when two drugs that affect the body's level of serotonin are taken together at the same time)|
|Electrocardiogram Qt Prolonged|
|Mydriasis (a dilation of the pupil)|
|Somnolence (a state of near-sleep, a strong desire for sleep)|
|Incoherent (talking in a confused and unclear way)|
|Neuromyopathy (disease of both muscles and nerves)|
|Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin)|
|Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement)|
|Encephalopathy (functioning of the brain is affected by some agent or condition)|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- support group for people who have Headache
- support group for people who take Advil Pm
- support group for people who take Concerta
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who have Headache
Welcome! I'm hoping more people join soon! Is there any particular information or feedback you are looking for today?
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Concerta and extreme rage
(Asked by a 18 year old boy who has ADHD, and takes Concerta)
My 18yr old son has been on 54mg of Concerta for 5+ years now, he suddenly started complaining to me that he was not feeling that it slowed him down like usual to concentrate ect he said it made him depressed down. He stopped taking it for over 3 weeks, then randomly yesterday he decided to take it ...
- Could taking concerta have caused my hearing loss? i'm 16!
(Asked by a 17 year old boy who has Nonsyndromic Heriditary Hearing Loss, and takes Concerta)
Sudden onset of hearing loss and continues to worsen. Currently only take concerta for ADHD.
- Can namenda treat post concussion syndrome
(Asked by a 15 year old boy who has Post Concussion Syndrome, and takes Ritalin)
I am here today to learn more about the drug Namenda, and if would help for me to start taking it. My doctor diagnosed me with PCS, and it has been going on for close to a year now. Originally I was diagnosed with anxiety, and things of that sort. I have never knew Namenda could treat PCS, and ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Headache, Facial Muscle Twitching, Red Face, and takes Raspberry Ketone)
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- Still ill after several years
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago. It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis. After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured. My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Prednisone side effects
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Headache, Anxiety, Heartburn, Blurred Vision, Nausea, and takes Prednisone)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Hit and miss sleep with dextroamphetamine
(Posted by a 45 year old man who has Social, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder, ADHD, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride, Lamotrigine, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate)
Started drug 2 months ago and have seen an improvement in my focus. Ziprosidone for my depression causes me to get dead tired by 7 pm. Once I started taking Dextroamphetamine I started having insomnia 2 times a week. I think I would rather sleep early than stay up all night and then try and stay a ...
Related drug interaction studies:
- Concerta and Advil Pm drug interactions (36 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Concerta for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) reported by 5 people (updated 13 hours ago)
- Advil Pm for Headache reported by 10 people (updated 6 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd) (10 drugs in 61 reports) (updated 13 hours ago)
- Headache (91 drugs in 1,817 reports) (updated 1 day ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Voltaren, Multivitamin, Celexa, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Concerta, Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with Knee Swelling, Nutrition - Inadequate, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Esophageal Spasm, Adhd. The patient has Hypersensitivity, Insomnia Concerns, Decreased Appetite, Obsessive Thoughts, Body Temperature Increased, Paranoia
Comments: Adult ADHD with anxiety. Recently been developing paranoia symptoms
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Lamictal, Prozac for a patient with ADHD, Birth Control, Mood Disorder, Depression. The patient has Mood Swings, Headache, Confusion Aggravated, Absence Seizure, Fainting
Comments: Lamictal was doubled and during menses, the episodes started
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with Narcolepsy. The patient has Can't Move Fingers, Hands , Arms Intermittently
Comments: this has been going on for a year and a half where both of my hands and arms are completely useless for at least an hour a day. the past two weeks it has spread to my toes, feet, and legs, and now lasting 3 hours a day.
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with ADHD, Depression. The patient has Kidney Infection, Frequent Or Urgent Urination
Comments: always getting kidney infection. I have to wear a kotex so I don't pee all over myself.
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Concerta for a patient with Depression, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Dizziness, Loss Of Appetite
Comments: I wouldn't mind losing a couple pounds, but I don't freakishly obsess over it. After I started taking the concerta in Aug. I started losing my appetite, and now when I try to eat after taking my pills in the morning, I feel sick and food just doesn't look appetizing any more.
Common symptoms:Boys of age 10-19 with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd):
- Fatigue (553 reports)
- Abnormal behaviour (480 reports)
- Drowsiness (467 reports)
- Aggression (455 reports)
- Headache (376 reports)
- Drug administration error (346 reports)
- Nausea (344 reports)
- Insomnia (339 reports)
- Agitation (327 reports)
- Dizziness (326 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.