What could cause Confusion for a 87-year old woman?
Summary: 101 female patients aged 87 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is a personalized study for a 87 year old female patient who has Atrial Fibrillation, Cellulitis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Coumadin (latest outcomes from 75,088 users) has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots.
Cephalexin (latest outcomes from 8,057 users) has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection.
What are the conditions
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 84,600 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Digoxin, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Pradaxa.
Cellulitis (infection under the skin) (latest reports from 23,749 patients) can be treated by Cephalexin, Keflex, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Bactrim.
What is the symptom
Confusion (latest reports from 36,429 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 101 females aged 81 (±5) who take Coumadin, Cephalexin are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Atrial Fibrillation, Cellulitis
- Coumadin - 2.5MG (warfarin sodium)
- Cephalexin - EQ 500MG BASE (cephalexin)
Drug interactions have: confusion
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Confusion||0 (0.00% of females aged 81 (±5) who take the drugs)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom (click a symptom for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Confusion in Atrial Fibrillation||46 (0.62% of females aged 81 (±5) who have Atrial fibrillation)|
|Confusion in Cellulitis||3 (1.76% of females aged 81 (±5) who have Cellulitis)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect (click a side effect for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Confusion in Coumadin||87 (1.11% of females aged 81 (±5) who take Coumadin)|
|Confusion in Cephalexin||9 (2.67% of females aged 81 (±5) who take Cephalexin)|
Drug effectiveness over time :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Coumadin is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||0.00%|
(0 of 1 people)
|Cephalexin is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||100.00%|
(1 of 1 people)
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Diarrhoea||Acute Myocardial Infarction||n/a||Fatigue||Dyspnoea||n/a||Anxiety||Anxiety|
|Vomiting||Coma||Myocardial Infarction||Neuropathy Peripheral||Atrial Fibrillation|
|Liver Function Test Abnormal||Ecchymosis||Mouth Haemorrhage||Mouth Haemorrhage||Pain|
|Faeces Pale||Cerebral Haemorrhage||Macular Degeneration||Macular Degeneration||Dizziness|
|Urine Colour Abnormal||Cerebrovascular Accident||Limb Injury||Limb Injury||Injury|
|Oedema Peripheral||Coronary Artery Atherosclerosis||Lumbar Spinal Stenosis||Lumbar Spinal Stenosis||Anhedonia|
|Stent Placement||Dermatitis Exfoliative||Osteonecrosis||Osteonecrosis||Diarrhoea|
|Acute Myocardial Infarction||Dysuria||Traumatic Brain Injury||Traumatic Brain Injury||Dyspnoea|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Confusion
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Confusion
- support group for people who have Confusion and Atrial Fibrillation
- support group for people who have Confusion and Cellulitis
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
- support group for people who have Cellulitis
- support group for people who have Confusion
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who take Coumadin
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is coughing and gagging associated with hiatal hernia
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Excessive Coughing And Gagging, Diarrhoea Infectious, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Omeprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Simvastatin, Sertraline, Potassium Chloride, Acidophilus, Alprazolam)
Coughing, gagging and extreme diarrhea have been evident since the introduction of warfarin/coumadin. Could these symptoms be caused by this bolld thinner?
- Can i takere warfarin with flecainide and metopropol
(Asked by a 85 year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Flecainide Acetate, Warfarin Sodium)
a/fib comes on suddenly like being switched on and then after maybe 48 hours will switch off but this time it has lasted for over two weeks and have now been taken off sotalol and put on the above two drug
- What drug can i replace for this drug? warfarin soduim
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Not Working, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
Cannot seem to adjust.
- What drug can be used in place of warfarin sodium?
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Heart Rate Irregular, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
Is there a drug I can take in place of warfarin Sodium for blood thining? Have 3 Hip replacements.
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Turmeric)
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Tur ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours. During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Achilles tendon tear
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Left Achilles Ligiment Tear; Also Diarrhea , and takes Keflex)
At the end of my 10 day treatment time on Cephalexin 500 mg, I experience diarrhea, so I took acidophilus three times a day, and it went away. I also woke up with a Achilles ligament tear, with a bulge in the tendon, not a rupture. No changes in my daily routine, in regards to exercise, just swimm ...
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Bedwetting, Confusion, Bone And Joint Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Depression Suicidal, Backaches And Stress, and takes Xanax, Acetaminophen, Wellbutrin, Methadone Hydrochloride, Norco)
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts. Just want to bleed out and not hur ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
Related drug interaction studies:
- Coumadin and Cephalexin drug interactions (1,410 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Coumadin for Atrial Fibrillation reported by 229 people (updated 2 days ago)
- Cephalexin for Cellulitis reported by 23 people (updated 2 days ago)
In-depth study of side effects (who have it, when it happens and how):
- Confusion in Coumadin reported by 636 people (updated 3 hours ago)
- Confusion in Cephalexin reported by 89 people (updated 3 days ago)
In-depth study of symptoms:
- Confusion in Atrial Fibrillation reported by 194 people (updated 1 day ago)
- Confusion in Cellulitis reported by 16 people (updated 1 week ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Atrial Fibrillation (48 drugs in 2,205 reports) (updated 4 days ago)
- Cellulitis (12 drugs in 84 reports) (updated 1 month ago)
Drugs associated with:
Conditions associated with:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Terazosin Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Itching
Comments: saver itching prior to pulmonary embolism continuing after recovery of blood clots
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Factor V Leiden Mutation. The patient has Polymyalgia Rheumatica (pain in many muscles)
Comments: 18 months on Predisone to recover fully. Now off Predisone.
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a patient with Septecemia Because Of Septic Abortion. The patient has Diarrhea Associated With Medications Inj Ampicillin(550) 4 Vials, Inj Methergin I Amp , T. Toxoid, Flagyl (400) Inj Gentamycin(80), Ampicillin Capsules (500), Cephalexin (500), Inj Betnesol 1 Amp, In
Comments: • Loose motions started on 11.9.1990. They were at first bulky 3 or 4 times a day. Iron tablets and other vitamins were discontinued • Stay at the hospital was very traumatic. Diarrhea continued to get worse every day. Could eat only very soft rice and boiled vegetables I could not breathe. Cou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Wellbutrin Xl, Effexor, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Hypercoagulable States. The patient has Itching, Upset Stomach, Fatigue - Chronic
Comments: bilateral pulmonary embolism indicated hypercoaguable state. warfarin therapy will be life long
- A study of drug interactions between Eplerenone, Digoxin, Magnesium, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Minoxidil, Clonidine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Jantoven, Lovastatin for a patient with High Arch, Atrial Fibrillation, Low Blood Magnesium, Low Blood Potassium, Hypertension, Fluid Retention, Cholesterosis. The patient has Asthenia, Numbness And Tingling, Disorientation, Muscle Weakness Aggravated, Shortness Of Breath, Fatigue
Comments: This has been a problem for well over a year now! it does not seem to be getting any better.
Common symptoms:Women of age 60+ with Atrial Fibrillation:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (1,971 reports)
- International normalised ratio increased (1,483 reports)
- Dizziness (1,335 reports)
- Weakness (1,313 reports)
- Nausea (1,304 reports)
- Breathing difficulty (1,264 reports)
- Diarrhea (1,237 reports)
- Fatigue (1,128 reports)
- Fall (982 reports)
- Gastrointestinal haemorrhage (962 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.