A study for a 38-year old man who takes Coumadin, phenergan
Summary: 8 male patients aged 38 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is a personalized study for a 38 year old male patient who has Blood Clots. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
On Feb, 28, 2015: 8 males aged 32 (±5) who take Coumadin, phenergan are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Blood Clots, Chronic
- Coumadin - 5MG (warfarin sodium): used for 10+ years
- phenergan (promethazine hydrochloride): used for < 1 month
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Gingival Bleeding (bleeding gums)|
|Fibrosis (formation of excess fibrous connective tissue in an organ or tissue)|
|Gingival Oedema (swelling of gums)|
|Induration (thickening of tissue)|
|Face Oedema (swelling of face)|
|Excessive Granulation Tissue (excessive collagen-rich tissue which forms at the site of an injury)|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 68-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Coumadin for a 54-year old man with Thrombophlebitis Deep. The patient has Ulcers
- A study of drug interactions between Digoxin, Warfarin Sodium for a 90-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Blood Disorder. The patient has Muscular Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Niacin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan, Warfarin Sodium for a 81-year old man with Avascular Necrosis, Blood Erythropoietin Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased, Blood Clot - Lung. The patient has Rash On Chest And Back
- A study of side effects of Promethazine for a 48-year old man with Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. The patient has Urination - Painful
Related drug interaction studies:
- Coumadin and Phenergan drug interactions (1,095 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Coumadin for Blood Clots reported by 289 people (updated 4 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Blood Clots (24 drugs in 1,502 reports) (updated 4 days ago)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.