A study for a 17-year old boy who takes Depakote, Benadryl
Summary: 33 male patients aged 17 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is a personalized study for a 17 year old male patient who has Seizure, Allergic Reactions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
On Mar, 28, 2015: 33 males aged 10 (±5) who take Depakote, Benadryl are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Seizure, Allergic Reactions
- Depakote - EQ 125MG VALPROIC ACID (divalproex sodium): used for 2 - 5 years
- Benadryl - 25MG (diphenhydramine hydrochloride): used for 6 - 12 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Drug Administration Error|
|Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome|
|Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
You are not alone! Join a related support group:
- support group for people who have Allergic Reactions
- support group for people who have Seizure
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who take Depakote
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl-25, Percocet, Klonopin, Depakote Er, Vimpat for a 52-year old woman with Pain, Epilepsy. The patient has Memory Loss
- A study of side effects of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 68-year old woman with Sleepy. The patient has Edema Ankles, Legs
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 40-year old woman with Allergy To Chemicals. The patient has Yeast Infection - Vagina
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 56-year old woman with Hives. The patient has Loss Of Taste
- A study of drug interactions between Antabuse, Clonidine, Strattera, Cymbalta, Abilify, Depakote for a 46-year old woman with Addiction, Hypertension, Add, Depression, Bipolar 1. The patient has Sleepiness - During The Day
Related drug interaction studies:
- Depakote and Benadryl drug interactions (588 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Depakote for Seizure reported by 37 people (updated 5 hours ago)
- Benadryl for Allergic Reactions reported by 388 people (updated 1 day ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Allergic Reactions (83 drugs in 4,333 reports) (updated 1 day ago)
- Seizure (41 drugs in 1,133 reports) (updated 1 week ago)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.