Depakote, Benadryl for a 16-year old boy
Summary: 33 male patients aged 16 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is a personalized study for a 16 year old male patient who has Seizure, Allergic Reactions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,927 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,359 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
What are the conditions
Seizure (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain) (latest reports from 944 patients) can be treated by Keppra, Dilantin, Lamictal, Tegretol, Topamax, Trileptal.
Allergic reactions (latest reports from 7,767 patients) can be treated by Zyrtec, Claritin, Benadryl, Allegra, Singulair, Loratadine.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 33 males aged 10 (±5) who take Depakote, Benadryl are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Seizure, Allergic Reactions
- Depakote - EQ 125MG VALPROIC ACID (divalproex sodium): used for 2 - 5 years
- Benadryl - 25MG (diphenhydramine hydrochloride): used for 6 - 12 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Drug Administration Error|
|Compartment Syndrome (painful condition that occurs when pressure within the muscles builds to dangerous levels)|
|Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (a life-threatening neurological disorder most often caused by an adverse reaction to neuroleptic or antipsychotic agents)|
|Extremity Necrosis (death of body tissue of arms and legs)|
|Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down)|
|Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (involves fibrosis of skin, joints, eyes due to kidney disease)|
|Tardive Dyskinesia (a disorder that involves involuntary movements)|
|Extrapyramidal Disorder (involuntary muscle spasms in the face and neck)|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Allergic Reactions
- support group for people who have Seizure
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who take Depakote
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What causes a headache only when coughing or shaking the head?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Headache, and takes Benadryl)
Head hurts only when shaken or I cough. I suspect benadryl or amytriptaline
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- I have a-fib after taking benadryl. i've been off it for a few days, but flutters remain. how long does it last?
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Benadryl)
I took 6 pills a day for a week, have been off medication for several days, but A-Fib symptoms continue.
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- I have juvenile myoclonic epilepsy, i feel like the medicine isn't helping me at all. i was wondering if medical marijuana has helped anyone with this, or has anything information that i can read?
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Seizures)
The medicine my doctor has been having me take makes me moody, not wanting sex, tired, not hungry, among other things; I don't like how much this medicine has changed me and needed some help with research.
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nightmare on benadryl
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has Nightmare, Hard Time Sleeping, and takes Benadryl)
After 5 nights without sleep and not having past bad dreams, the last 2 night's taking walfrin sub, for benadryl has terrified THE WORST OF WORST dream in my 55 years. Peaceful start of a dream then seeing myself or family,friends get slottard.crazy thing is I don't watch scary movies or the news. I ...
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Completed Suicide, and takes Alcohol, Methenamine Hippurate, Xanax, Benadryl)
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Allergy, Urticaria, and takes Lansoprazole, Famotidine, Vitamin C)
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
Related drug interaction studies:
- Depakote and Benadryl drug interactions (588 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Depakote for Seizure reported by 37 people (updated 8 hours ago)
- Benadryl for Allergic Reactions reported by 382 people (updated 3 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Allergic Reactions (83 drugs in 4,267 reports) (updated 2 hours ago)
- Seizure (41 drugs in 1,117 reports) (updated 8 hours ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Rapaflo, Divalproex, Vimpat, Finasteride for a patient with BPH, Petit Mal Seizure. The patient has Bph
Comments: Small Prostate cancer in addition to BPH
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Benadryl Preservative Free for a patient with Migraine With Aura, Dystonia. The patient has Pain - Back, Headache, Chills
Comments: I didn't take the Norco today, but the benadryl I take every night.
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Ibuprofen, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a patient with Asthma, Migraines And Joint And Muscle Pain, Allergies. The patient has Aphasia
Comments: periodic/intermittent episodes of nominal aphasia. inability to recall names and words often used. sense of knowing the words but unable to retrieve them. episodes occur at random and vary in severity. no immediately obvious reasons nor any recent head traumas. rarely occurring moments where words d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a patient with Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Dizziness, Ringing In The Ears
Comments: My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged and had ringing in the ears. I got them cleaned and the ringing was still there. I noticed it even more when I raised my Zoloft intake.
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a patient with Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
Comments: Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cleaned and noticed the ringing. Also noticed the ringing after raising my Zoloft.
Common symptoms:Boys of age 10-19 with Seizure:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.