Depakote, Benadryl for a 16-year old boy
This is a personalized study for a 16 year old male patient who has Seizure, Allergic Reactions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 33 male patients aged 16 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
What are the drugs
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,907 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is used in bipolar disorder.
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,322 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is used in allergen.
What are the conditions
Seizure (latest reports from 1,946 patients) can be treated by Keppra, Dilantin, Lamictal, Tegretol, Topamax, Trileptal.
Allergic reactions (latest reports from 6,973 patients) can be treated by Zyrtec, Benadryl, Claritin, Allegra, Singulair, Loratadine.
On Jul, 26, 2014: 33 males aged 10 (±5) who take Depakote, Benadryl are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Seizure, Allergic Reactions
- Depakote - EQ 125MG VALPROIC ACID (divalproex sodium): used for 2 - 5 years
- Benadryl - 25MG (diphenhydramine hydrochloride): used for 6 - 12 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Drug Administration Error|
|Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome|
|Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Allergic Reactions
- group for people who have Seizure
- group for people who take Benadryl
- group for people who take Depakote
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 years ago):
From this study (5 years ago):
From this study (5 years ago):
Kindra Mathis on May, 14, 2010:
I would like to know the side effects of taking Depakote,Trazodone and Benadryl for almost two years while in jail because I don't remember the trail and was very sleeping during the trail my dad was there and I can"t re call him being there.
Can't describe odd feeling of my eyes though I sensed my pupils were dialated.
I am concerned about possible drug interactions.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I have juvenile myoclonic epilepsy, i feel like the medicine isn't helping me at all. i was wondering if medical marijuana has helped anyone with this, or has anything information that i can read?
The medicine my doctor has been having me take makes me moody, not wanting sex, tired, not hungry, among other things; I don't like how much this medicine has changed me and needed some help with research.
- Does albuterol sometimes show up as speed in your system when combined with other drugs
Albuterol fluticasone pataday claritine atenolol prilosec
- Does carbamazepine cause obesity?? please reply
I am taking ZEN 100(Carbamazepine tablets) on advice of my doctor from JAN 2013, for my SEIZURES. Lately, my weight has increased by quite kilos, despite my diet remaining same. I want to confirm does prolonged use of this drug cause obesity. PLEASE REPLY IF EXPERIENCED THE SAME SIDE-EFFECTS OR ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
- Leg pain and occasional arm and hand pain
I started having leg pains at night, lower leg felt like the muscle and bone were being pulled causing sharp pain. It was relieved by getting up and walking but would last most of the night. I finally realized after suffering this over and over for months, that it only happened when I had taken be ...
Related drug interaction studies:
- Depakote and Benadryl drug interactions (587 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Depakote for Seizure reported by 43 people (updated 2 hours ago)
- Benadryl for Allergic Reactions reported by 418 people (updated 8 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Allergic Reactions (83 drugs in 4,202 reports) (updated 17 hours ago)
- Seizure (41 drugs in 1,100 reports) (updated 2 weeks ago)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.