Fioricet, Naproxen for a 67-year old woman
Summary: 13 female patients aged 67 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is a personalized study for a 67 year old female patient who has Migraine. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Fioricet (latest outcomes from 4,071 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; butalbital; caffeine. It is often used in migraine.
Naproxen (latest outcomes from 21,923 users) has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain.
What are the conditions
Migraine (headache) can be treated by Topamax, Imitrex, Topiramate, Maxalt, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride. (view latest reports from 47,669 patients)
Eye irritation (view latest reports from 8,819 patients)
On Nov, 22, 2014: 13 females aged 63 (±5) who take Fioricet, Naproxen are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Migraine, Eye Irritation
- Fioricet (acetaminophen; butalbital; caffeine): used for 1 - 2 years
- Naproxen (naproxen): used for < 1 month
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Small Intestinal Stenosis (abnormal narrowing of small intestine)||n/a||n/a||Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer)|
|Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer)||Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)|
|Blood Chloride Decreased||Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction)|
|Blood Sodium Decreased||Cerebrovascular Accident (sudden death of some brain cells due to lack of oxygen when the blood flow to the brain is impaired by blockage or rupture)|
|Vomiting||Anaemia (lack of blood)|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||Small Intestinal Stenosis (abnormal narrowing of small intestine)|
|Pneumonitis (inflammation of the walls of the alveoli in the lungs)|
|Colonic Polyp (extra part of colon tissue grow in intestine)|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who take Naproxen
I think this group should grow pretty quickly. It's a new site and you are the Naproxen group Charter Member! *applause and cheering*
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take naproxen with garcinia cambogia
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who takes Naproxen, Atenolol, Metformin, Lipitor)
I am looking for answers for what meds not to take with garcinia cambogia. I take metformin Lipitor naproxen and atenenol. Will it be safe to take garcenia cambogia?
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Imetrix verses butalb/acet/caffeine
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Migraines, and takes Imitrex)
I have taken both Imitrex and Butalb/acet/caffeine and I have to say that Imitrex works far better than the other one! The substitute I was given for Imitrex doesn't even touch my migraine pain.
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Meniere's Disease, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Migraines, and takes Fexofenadine Hydrochloride)
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Review: could lyrica cause intracranial pressure increased?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has History Of Concussions, Migraines, Neuropathy, and takes Lyrica)
One dose (75mg) caused severe head pain (increased intracranial pressure) and nausea.
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Imitrex, Westcort, Kenalog, Garcinia Cambogia, Singulair, Ultracet, Baclofen, Percocet, Naproxen, Topamax, Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Microgestin Fe 1/20)
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
- Bad side effect of melatonin/imitrex use together
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Insomnia, Migraine, and takes Melatonin, Imitrex)
I have taken melatonin for insomnia I've been experiencing recently (not a chronic condition). I haven't had any problems or interactions with my other regular medications while using the melatonin, other than drowsiness in the morning. Last night I had a migraine at bedtime, so took 50 mg. of imi ...
Related drug interaction studies:
- Fioricet and Naproxen drug interactions (167 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Fioricet for Migraine reported by 126 people (updated 2 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Migraine (130 drugs in 3,838 reports) (updated 5 days ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Naproxen for a patient with Neck Pain. The patient has Pain - Muscles (muscle pain)
Comments: I have lupus so had very bad neck and shoulder pain which vanished on naproxen. When I stopped taking it, I got severe muscle pain in my upper arms
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a patient with Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, Gerd, Depression. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Comments: irritability and lack of patience with myself
- A study of drug interactions between Vicodin, Fioricet for a patient with Degenerative Joint Disease, Tension Headaches. The patient has Also A Little Confused And Drowsey, When Takin Both On Same Day Get Very Tired But Cannot Sleep.
Comments: I have taken 6 fioricet tabs in the last 18 hours and 3 7.5 norco's in the last 8 hours and have had just 3 hours sleep. I am scared now to sleep
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Zantac 150, Lo/ovral, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Zoloft for a patient with Arthritis, Gerd, Hormonal Contraceptive, Tremor, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Depression, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Ibs, Pain
Comments: This list of symptoms is endless Nausea vomiting sleep disorders anxiety disorders So many symptoms with such little relief :(
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Vitamin D, Calcium, Balsalazide Disodium, Penicillin V Potassium, Naprosyn for a patient with Ulcerative Colitis, Calcium Absortion, Bone, Infection - Fungal - Body, Inflammation.
Comments: I have ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, and an abnormal aortic valve(non serious).
Common symptoms:Women of age 60+ with Migraine:
- Headache (225 reports)
- Nausea (220 reports)
- Dizziness (192 reports)
- High blood pressure (162 reports)
- Blood pressure management (162 reports)
- Breathing difficulty (146 reports)
- Weakness (144 reports)
- Stroke (136 reports)
- Pain (133 reports)
- Fall (125 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.