What could cause Irritability for a 14-year old girl?
This is a personalized study of Focalin Xr, Benadryl drug interactions for a 14 year old female patient who has ADHD, Allergy To Animal. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 4 female patients aged 14 (±5) who take the drugs and have drug interactions.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: ADHD, Allergy To Animal
- Focalin Xr - 10MG (dexmethylphenidate hydrochloride): used for 6 - 12 months
- Benadryl - 10MG/ML (diphenhydramine hydrochloride): used for < 1 month
Drug interactions have: least irritability
On Jan, 26, 2014: 4 females aged 9 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking Focalin Xr, Benadryl are studied
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports |
among females aged 9 (±5) who take the drugs
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom||Number of reports |
among females aged 9 (±5) who have the condition, regardless of which drug is taken
|Irritability in Adhd||84 (2.53%)|
|Irritability in Allergy To Animal||2 (14.29%)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect||Number of reports |
among females aged 9 (±5) who take the drug
|Irritability in Focalin Xr||1 (1.22%)|
|Irritability in Benadryl||5 (1.02%)|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 9 (±5) in the use of Focalin Xr, Benadryl:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Cystitis (inflammation of the wall of the bladder)||3|
|Bunion (a painful swelling on the first joint of the big toe)||1|
|Abdominal Pain Upper||1|
|Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood)||1|
|Oppositional Defiant Disorder (a childhood disorder described by the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders)||1|
|Dermatitis Atopic (inflammatory, chronically relapsing, non-contagious and pruritic skin disorder)||1|
|Gastroenteritis (inflammation of stomach and intestine)||1|
|Homicidal Ideation (thoughts about human killing another human)||1|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 9 (±5) in long term use of Focalin Xr, Benadryl:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
- Focalin Xr and Benadryl drug interactions (11 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Focalin Xr for ADHD reported by 251 people (updated 16 hours ago)
- Benadryl for Allergy To Animal reported by 17 people (updated 2 hours ago)
In-depth study of side effects (who have it, when it happens and how):
- Irritability in Focalin Xr reported by 13 people (updated 2 weeks ago)
- Irritability in Benadryl reported by 173 people (updated 21 hours ago)
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
- Irritability in ADHD reported by 808 people (updated 2 weeks ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Adhd (70 drugs in 10,097 reports) (updated 51 minutes ago)
- Allergy To Animal (17 drugs in 135 reports) (updated 1 month ago)
Drugs associated with:
Conditions associated with:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
From this study (4 years ago):
From this study (4 years ago):
We have had to increase Nathan's focalin to 3 times a day so he can get home work done. He also takes Gaba calm with his focalin to help him with irratiblty at school. the benadryl was to help him go to sleep but it isn't working. what can we do he getting in trouble at school since we increased the focalin he's not getting enough rest. I don't think the Gaba Calm is working either.
Just wondering if they are responsible for nausea
My 13 yr. old son was diag. 2 yrs. ago with Adhd, OCD, ODD, & PTSD. Focalin xr changed our lives. We tried every combo of meds avail. once we found focalin xr everything changed. His grades are from "d's" to " A's" attitude is fantastic and overall a new child.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Somesimilarproblem: Do you suffer from hyperhidrosis when you stop concerta for a while?
Taken concerta for 8 years now, with pausing during two preignancies, transpiring has become a regular problem, with ritalin it is even worse, so I do not take it My life is too busy with work and children, I cannot stop me meds now. During preignancies I still transpired, maybe hormons have some ...
- By Kate: Any success in treating symptoms of pmdd with wild yam root
Hi All. A little over a year and a half ago, I was dx with Pre Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)and was prescribed YASMIN (YAZ) to treat the severe mood changes and suicidal thoughts I was getting 2 weeks out of every 4. The YASMIN worked brilliantly for 9 months and all the PMDD symptoms vanished ...
- By Michelle: Does the use of probiotics interfere with the effects of concerta?
I don't drink milk/milk products so I need a probiotic, I am using concerta to study and it's helping but I am getting flu quite often. I drink lots of caffeine too-need it for concentration & energy. My diet is impeccable otherwise-no wheat, no sugar, no milk. Exercise all the time
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By MomofD: Temporal lobe epilepsy in concerta
My son is 8 years old and has ADHD with severe hyperactivity and impulsivity. He has been on meds since he was 5. We started with Foculin, switched to Daytrana patch and just recently (with the help of his Psychiatrist) decided to try Concerta. We stopped the Daytrana and began titration onto Conc ...
- By momtox: Vomiting & low blood pressure on 4 ml intuniv
My son (8yrs old) has had an amazing year of improvement during 14 months on intuniv. Last week we increased from 3 to 4 ml because of weight gain and an increase in symptoms. After the third day of the increased dose he complained of a headache and began vomiting, which he continued to do for 6 h ...
- By Jillie: Leg pain and occasional arm and hand pain
I started having leg pains at night, lower leg felt like the muscle and bone were being pulled causing sharp pain. It was relieved by getting up and walking but would last most of the night. I finally realized after suffering this over and over for months, that it only happened when I had taken be ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Focalin, Benadryl for a patient with Adhd, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type.
- A study of drug interactions between Focalin Xr, Benadryl for a patient with Add, Allergies.
- A study of drug interactions between Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Focalin Xr, Clonidine Hydrochloride for a patient with Rash, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd), Sleep Aid.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.