Drug interactions between Keppra, Gabapentin for a 30-year old woman?
This is a personalized study of Keppra, Gabapentin drug interactions for a 30 year old female patient who has Seizure - Tonic-clonic. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 39 female patients aged 30 (±5) who take the drugs and have drug interactions.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Seizure - Tonic-clonic
- Keppra (levetiracetam): used for 1 - 2 years
- Gabapentin (gabapentin): used for 1 - 2 years
On Feb, 1, 2014: 39 females aged 25 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking Keppra, Gabapentin are studied
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 25 (±5) in the use of Keppra, Gabapentin:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Drug Exposure During Pregnancy||9|
|Grand Mal Convulsion (a type of generalized seizure that affects the entire brain)||8|
|Ovarian Cyst (fluid filled sac of the ovary)||8|
|Loss Of Consciousness||6|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||5|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||5|
|Complex Partial Seizures (epileptic seizure)||5|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 25 (±5) in long term use of Keppra, Gabapentin:
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
- Keppra and Gabapentin drug interactions (1,181 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Keppra for Seizure - Tonic-clonic reported by 77 people (updated 25 minutes ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Seizure - Tonic-clonic (23 drugs in 365 reports) (updated 1 month ago)
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (4 months ago):
I have been started again on a regiment of topiramate and keppra for migraine headaches and it is working very well. The biggest side effect is blood sugars too high both fasting and non-fasting. I am not a diabetic, I have not dumped huge amounts of weight and I am not urinating a lot. I do have dry mouth, but taking Neurontin will cause dry mouth - I have had that constantly since I have been on Neurontin. I'm just trying to see if the Topamax and Keppra is driving the high blood sugars. Non fasting hangs around 125. Fasting from 103-115.
When first diagnosed with multiple sclerosis I gained 60 pounds within 6 months time. I was always a thin person before this.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Mana: I'm 29 weeks pregnant and take 2,400 mg of neurontin a day for anxiety and depression. will my baby be born with withdrawal symptoms?
Will my baby be born with withdrawal symptoms? Will tapering off the medicine before she's born hurt my baby? Would it be safer for her if I keep taking the Neurontin, or if I wean myself off (with doctor's help, of course)?
- By Stacey: Crushing leg pain in both legs and numbness in right hand and arm due to avonex?
I did my injection of the pre filled syringe of Avonex at about 7:45pm and could not get any sleep due to crushing leg pain and to add now my right arm and hand are numb and tingles it is now 9:50 am and I can just about in dure the pain it hurts a lot. Help!!
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By the return: Osteomyelitis the battle to neutralize a punishing disease
Collar bones feet and skull 47 times in hyperbaric chamber and two years oxygen cured it disease returned after cutting toe with axe during hurricane like locked horns with disease no winner yet have not found drug to neutralize the superbug its very punishing taking 100 herbal pills daily plus clon ...
- By poetbjc: Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now. Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures Some o ...
- By Frank: Addison's disease and gabapintin
a 100 mg gabapentin capsule has left me totally spaced out with blurred vision and disorientation for 3 days now. Never again do I want to go near one of those capsules. Dr. prescribed 100 mg. druggist filled 300 mg. I am sure thankful I doubled checked and got 100 mg instead. The 300 mg would h ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Ciprofloxacin, Gabapentin, Atenolol, Keppra, Xarelto, Atripla for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Hiv Infection Cdc Category C3, Prosthesis, Neuropathy Peripheral, Seizures, Pulmonary Embolism.
- A study of drug interactions between Keppra, Sodium Chloride 0.9% In Plastic Container, Ondansertron Hydrochloride, Synthroid, Gabapentin for a patient with Headache - Migraine With Aura, Hydration Due To Vomiting, Nausea And Vomiting, Overactive Thyroid, Neuropathy - Peripheral. The patient has I Am Not A Diabetic But Blood Sugars Are Too High
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Allegra D 24 Hour, OxyContin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Coreg, Rebif, Baclofen, Neurontin, Keppra for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Allergies, Pain Management, High Blood Pressure, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.