Drug interactions between Klonopin, Celebrex for a 49-year old woman?
This is a personalized study of Klonopin, Celebrex drug interactions for a 49 year old female patient who has Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Depression. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 224 female patients aged 49 (±5) who take the drugs and have drug interactions.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Depression
- Klonopin (clonazepam): used for < 1 month
- Celebrex (celecoxib): used for < 1 month
On Feb, 3, 2014: 224 females aged 44 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking Klonopin, Celebrex are studied
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 44 (±5) in the use of Klonopin, Celebrex:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||71|
|Headache (pain in head)||48|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||48|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||32|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 44 (±5) in long term use of Klonopin, Celebrex:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Cerebrovascular Accident (sudden death of some brain cells due to lack of oxygen when the blood flow to the brain is impaired by blockage or rupture)||14|
|Decreased Appetite (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat)||12|
|Neuropathy (damage to nerves)||12|
|Cardiomyopathy (weakening of the heart muscle)||7|
|Aortic Valve Incompetence||6|
|Nervous System Disorder (a general class of medical conditions affecting the nervous system)||6|
|Cerebral Artery Stenosis (hardening of brain blood vessels)||6|
|Headache (pain in head)||6|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
- Klonopin and Celebrex drug interactions (1,661 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Klonopin for Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper reported by 15 people (updated 1 day ago)
- Celebrex for Depression reported by 9 people (updated 1 day ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Depression (155 drugs in 20,671 reports) (updated 1 day ago)
- Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper (36 drugs in 584 reports) (updated 4 days ago)
Comments from related studies:
From this study (11 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
Kevin Peters Ph.d on Mar, 4, 2013:
Sammy, I'm a white 45 male; just wanted to agree on that Klonopin remark. When I was 21 I had my second kidney transplant which was a BAD issue all together, at any rate the hospital did not include my medications taken at home after my surgery. I went thru the worst hallucinations and jerking and seizures you could ever possibly imagine. This went on for almost 3 1/2 weeks before we decided to have me taken OUT of the hospital and relocated before they ended up taking my life. Then the whole staff of paychology including the chief of psychiatry cane in my room to see what they could do, Finallu. During one of my few moments of clarity the C.O.F after blaming me if talking "drugs" prior to my transplant listened to my word of telling him the meds I was on before being admitted. After asking when was the last time I had received my Klonopin and me not knowing, he then reviewed the charts, and didn't see me receiving this med once. He stormed out of the room of about 9 docs and came back in with two Klonopin; for the first time in almost 4 weeks and after three surgeries the first 72 hours I was hospitalized, I was sleeping like a baby, for about 49 hours with NO MORE hallucinations, or seizures or jerking! I finally got out of there without a kidney since that kidney was supposed to go to another man named the same as I in a different city! I do take Xanax and probably always will. The half life on Klonopin is much different hence one if its dangers, Nevwr Ever stop this drug cold! I've been on dialysis 25 1/2 years now and suffered from intense skin cancers, but have fought and done all I can do to live a normal as possible life, working full time except when I'm in yet another surgery, over 32 general anesthetic procedures since 1987. I was the youngest boy-man to ever be on the USA soccer team ready to play in the Korea 1988 Olympics. What a change in life.....
All the Best,
chris on Jun, 4, 2011:
i have been taking clonzepam and trazedone and my speech is a very hoarse voice, I am wondering if if my speech problem is from these drugs's side effects.
TwoDimes on Apr, 15, 2012:
Upon occasion, I, too, have become hoarse and from the use of Klonopin. I was VERY hoarse when I tried to cold turkey off of 4mgs of Klonopin. I am now down to 1.5mgs per day and, still, (as I said, upon occasion, I become hoarse. I am sure that the use of Klonopin is the causative factor. - TwoDimes -
SammySushi on Jul, 10, 2012:
Omigosh, never cold turkey clonopin, esp that high of a dose. My dad had a major seizure and hallucinations doing so.
Christophe on Nov, 13, 2012:
I suffer from Hypothyroidism, High Cholesterol & Cancer survivor because of Zyprexa use and previously being prescribed Carbamezapine causing Thyroid damage. My best advice to you if you don't want Hypothyroidism is have regular blood tests, Thyroid damage can be undetected for up to 5 years with no symptoms found on regular blood tests prematurally. Make sure you buy iodised salt to use on food when eating this will help reduce your risk of getting Hypothyroidism. two signs of Hypothyriodism which the Carbamezapine & Zyprexa medication boxes labels wont tell you is if your face becomes puffed up, red or sun sensitive while taking these medications this is a sign of Hypothyroidism. It wont be found on your blood test but later on it could appear out of the blue. The other sign to look for is baldness or hair loss on your head, this is another symptom. I hope these comments will help you. You have to weight up the benefits and negatives taking medications if you decide to take these medicines or not. It depends on how you cope with the drug side effects.
AUDREY on Dec, 16, 2012:
STARTED TAKING DILTIAZEM 60 MG AND I AM VERY CONSTIPATED. 70 YEARS OLD, HEART SURGERY A FAST HEART RATE....
Sonya on Feb, 24, 2013:
You definately need to take a stool softener...straining during defication can cause major problems in people with cardiac problems.
do any cause high blood sugar or diabetis
Just wondering with the vast amounts of drugs my husband is prescribed by so many different doctors - if one would bother another? All doctors do have lists of what the others prescribe. And occassionally the pharmacist calls us to the side when a new drug is mixed in to give us specific warnings.
Jamie on Jun, 13, 2012:
Male 39, chronic neck and shoulder pain from motocross accident. Been taking cymbalta 60 mg and opana 10 mg ir for a couple months. Have been depressed and am loosing weight like crazy, no appetite. Also take Xanax as needed for anxiety. Went from 220lbs to 184lbs in 6 months. Time for a med ajustment.
Gary Dunn on Oct, 22, 2012:
I am not a doctor and realize that being an expert on every field is imposable regardless of how many years of college (21) or exposure to individual cases. Being older has the advantage that you have made an lot of mistakes and if you can learn a small bit from each and know that, you have and advantage is you can walk on the shoulder of millions that have gone down this pathway before you. I suggest that you contact an expert on drug interaction like the Phar Dept at Wingate College in NC, as they have an "interaction awareness" curriculum at their school. You must contact them directly and I do not know if there is a charge... I have sent several people to them with great results. Most pharmacologist and doctors do not have the expertise to make a complete evaluation on the subject, the field is very specific and requires a panel of experts such as exist at Wingate College. Thank you Gary Dunn.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Accutane could cause alteration of chromosone 6 resulting in hla b27 antigen
Start taking Accutane 1982 first experimental group Note of symptoms start of early menopause age 42 Herpes simplex blisters due to heat Conjunctivitis Wheezing Hypertension Inflammatory arthritis spondylitis Nerve damage Daughter started Accutane at 16 when I was experiencing my menopause ...
- I have been taking buspar, and citalopram for about two years now and have recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. is it possible that this condition is secondary to the medications
I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and am concerned that it could be related to long term usage of buspirone and citalopram. The other medications are from a recent change.
- Does adderall cause anyone to smoke more and crave sweets like crazy! it has to be the adderall because this was not an issue for me until i started taking adderoll.
Just started Adderall. 30mg twice daily. Working very well. Has made a huge difference in being able to concentrate to get things done. Love being on it but I am having severe insomnia. Since taking it I've had very little sleep. And the odd craving for sweets "when I can eat" along with the increas ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Hyperthyroidism from tasking klonopin
Has anyone developed hyperthyroidism while being on a Klonopin? I've developed hyperthyroidism from taking Klonopin. I've always had problem w my thyroid due to Hasimoto's thyroid. It's an autoimmune disorder. I've been having problems w my weight since 2000. I was told in 2001 I had hyperthyroidism ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Savella, Klonopin Rapidly Disintegrating, Rozerem, Celebrex, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Simvastatin, Allegra Allergy, Tramadol Hydrochloride for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Hay Fever, Pain Management.
- A study of drug interactions between Tricor, Opana Er, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prednisone, Tramadol Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Bystolic, Cymbalta, Plavix, Lovaza, Zetia, Protonix, Celebrex, Niacin, Strattera, Androgel, Metformin Hydrochloride, Arava, Lidoderm, Celexa, Remicade for a patient with Hypercholesterolaemia, Pain Management, Htn, Arthritis, Sleep Disorder, Chronic Depression, Blood Thinner, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Adhd, Testosterone, Diabetes Mellitus, Depression.
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone 5/apap 500, Trilipix, Allegra, Ambien, Kapidex, Pristiq, Savella, Lotrel, Promethazine Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Flexeril, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Celebrex, Toprol-xl, Vitamin D, Meclizine Hydrochloride, Miralax, Darvocet-n 100 for a patient with Pain, Triglyceride Level, Allergenic Desensitisation Procedure, Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance, Ulcer, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Blood Pressure Abnormal, Nausea, Migraine, Nervous System Disorder, Muscle Fibrosis, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain - Joints, Na+, Dizziness, Constipation, Pain In Extremity.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.