Lamictal, Risperdal, Buspar for a 30-year old woman
Summary: 7 female patients aged 30 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is a personalized study for a 30 year old female patient who has Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Lamictal 40,599 users)
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Risperdal 42,217 users)
Buspar has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Buspar 11,044 users)
What are the conditions
Bipolar disorder (mood disorder) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Seroquel, Abilify, Lamotrigine, Depakote. (latest reports from Bipolar Disorder 43,640 patients)
Bipolar i disorder (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Seroquel, Abilify, Lamotrigine, Depakote. (latest reports from Bipolar I Disorder 9,879 patients)
On Nov, 22, 2014: 7 females aged 25 (±5) who take Lamictal, Risperdal, Buspar are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder
- Lamictal - 100MG (lamotrigine): used for 1 - 6 months
- Risperdal - 1MG (risperidone): used for 1 - 6 months
- Buspar - 5MG (buspirone hydrochloride): used for 1 - 6 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Diabetic Neuropathy (neuropathic disorders that are associated with diabetes mellitus)|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus|
|Blood Triglycerides Increased|
|Blood Cholesterol Increased|
|General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status)|
|Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Bipolar Disorder
- support group for people who have Bipolar I Disorder
- support group for people who take Buspar
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who take Risperdal
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who have Bipolar I Disorder
@Desta88- Here is some info from Mayo Clinic regarding Bipolar disorder: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/bipolar-disorder/basics/tests-diagnosis/con-20027544
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will busbar make my mentstrual cycle irregular
I am two weeks late on my cycle. I am never late. I already have one child who is almost two. how do I know if it is because of the new med? I have taken a pregnancy test and it is negative.
- I am prescribed methadone and lamictal. at my peak, i nod a little. is this normal? (2 answers)
I began taking Methadone during my pregnancy per Drs order. I was only on Vicodine, Ambien, Seraquil and Lexapro and stopped immediately after the positive pregnancy result. I have never experienced the nod before. I hate it. Am I the only 1? I'm only on 55mgs of Methadone and 25mgs of Lamictal.
- Is abilify good in treating people with bipolar mania?
Having bad stress on Abilify at 2mg. I feel like I still need it for mania buy it don't think it should making me agitated and I'm having that effect.
- Taking geodon, lamictal and clonapan. feeling anxious, head throbbing, general weird, dizzy feeling. could it be caused by mixing theses meds?
Dr has me on theses 3 meds for depression and to ward off mania. I've only had one manic period in 6 years but suffer from chronic depression. Lately I've been diagnosed with a protruding disc in my neck. I am doing therapy. My hand and arm will go numb, shoulder hurts terribly,. I've just started feeling really weird. My brain feels as if sparks are going off, I'm dizzy, tongue and head throb and feel like they are both falling asleep. I get plenty of sleep. I see a psychiatrist and a neur surgeon for my neck. Help!
- Does latuda cause hives? if so, how long to appear?
Taking Benadryl and it seems to be working but outbreak in different areas still occurring.
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- The zoloft/vyvanse concoction ruined my life.
I started taking these drugs about two months ago. I am diagnosed ADHD by a psychiatrist. I received these medications from a doctor whom I know and is married to a friend my wife. She, the doctor, gave them to me from her personal medications in a plastic baggy. I was given loose instructions for taking these on a piece of paper. I was never given the paperwork with warning signs. 10 days after starting these medications, I attacked my wife and am now separated. I am barred from seeing her and my daughter by means of a Victims Protective Order. I am a normally nonviolent person. Most who know me call me a peacemaker...a pacifist. I am still horrified by the events of that night. 15 seconds changed my life forever. I hope and pray my story helps others. Don't be naïve, as I was, when given medications. Ask questions.
- A life of depression and fatigue
1) Family history of depression, 2) Diagnosed depression 1964-not treated until 1973, 3) Worked in medical field 35 years, 4) Emergency on-call 24/7, 5) Hospital 15 times major depression, 6) Tried nearly all MAOI, TCA, SSRI, SNRI, and ECT. 7) 100% Disability in 1998 for depression. Now at age 70 I have dysthymia, chronic fatigue, COPD, and PTSD. My recommendation to younger people - do not over stress,
do not smoke, avoid horrific or traumatic situations and try to find some enjoyment in life. If you have symptoms like mine seek early treatment put balance in your life. The often heard recommendations - get plenty of sleep, eat properly, learn to relax and avoid bad habits should not be ignored, they are critical to good physical and mental health.
- Lamictal and eyes being gooey.
While taking this medication, I experienced eye goo, sometimes stringing across my eye. Occasionally it would dry overnight and becoming crusty. I took this medication for over a year and the doctor kept prescribing me medication for conjunctivitis.
When I finally stopped taking this medication, the eye irritation went away.
- Restless leg syndrome exasporation while on lovastatim.
I have been taking Lovastatin for 4 months and have had an increase in my Restless Leg Syndrome. It usually acts up in the afternoon when I'm relaxing. The symptoms seem to go away with rhythmic movement of the affected leg. Usually it is in only one leg at a time. I have also noted a fine tremors in my hands. I consider this as a recurring of the RLS because I have had this before beginning Lovastatin, but it had pretty much abated since then. My doctor back then started me on Amantadine and it worked well.
- Lamotrigine and indigestion (1 response)
I started taking Lamotrigine about a month or two ago. I think it has alleviated my depression somewhat but it has also been causing me pretty severe gastric and intestinal problems. I wake up every morning with indigestion/ and pressure in my stomach, I also have constipation I have gone several days with very little to no movement, before I started taking Lamorigine I did not have either of these issues.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
doc moc on Apr, 25, 2013:
BREAK down FOOL!
Rhs on Oct, 13, 2012:
Get your medical records
and consult w/your doctor
trust1983 on Dec, 3, 2012:
Is it true in the states that a psych doc can up and just leave and refuse to treat you because you tried to kill yourself, especially if you didn't have a contact for life with you r doc?
Related drug interaction studies:
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Lamictal for Bipolar Disorder reported by 586 people (updated 16 hours ago)
- Risperdal for Bipolar I Disorder reported by 36 people (updated 4 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Bipolar Disorder (82 drugs in 3,293 reports) (updated 16 hours ago)
- Bipolar I Disorder (64 drugs in 1,820 reports) (updated 8 hours ago)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.