Lamictal, Risperdal, Buspar for a 25-year old woman
This is a personalized study for a 25 year old female patient who has Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7 female patients aged 25 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Lamictal (latest outcomes from 40,571 users) has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Risperdal (latest outcomes from 42,216 users) has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Buspar (latest outcomes from 11,040 users) has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
What are the conditions
Bipolar disorder (mood disorder) (latest reports from 78,946 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Abilify, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Depakote.
Bipolar i disorder (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode) (latest reports from 17,875 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Seroquel, Abilify, Lamotrigine, Depakote.
On Nov, 22, 2014: 7 females aged 25 (±5) who take Lamictal, Risperdal, Buspar are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder
- Lamictal - 100MG (lamotrigine): used for 1 - 6 months
- Risperdal - 1MG (risperidone): used for 1 - 6 months
- Buspar - 5MG (buspirone hydrochloride): used for 1 - 6 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Diabetic Neuropathy (neuropathic disorders that are associated with diabetes mellitus)|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus|
|Blood Triglycerides Increased|
|Blood Cholesterol Increased|
|General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status)|
|Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Bipolar Disorder
- support group for people who have Bipolar I Disorder
- support group for people who take Buspar
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who take Risperdal
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will busbar make my mentstrual cycle irregular
(Asked by a 30 year old woman who has Two Weeks Late On Menstural Cycle, and takes Buspirone Hydrochloride)
I am two weeks late on my cycle. I am never late. I already have one child who is almost two. how do I know if it is because of the new med? I have taken a pregnancy test and it is negative.
- I am prescribed methadone and lamictal. at my peak, i nod a little. is this normal?
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Nod Like Sensation, and takes Methadone Hydrochloride, Lamotrigine)
I began taking Methadone during my pregnancy per Drs order. I was only on Vicodine, Ambien, Seraquil and Lexapro and stopped immediately after the positive pregnancy result. I have never experienced the nod before. I hate it. Am I the only 1? I'm only on 55mgs of Methadone and 25mgs of Lamictal.
- Is abilify good in treating people with bipolar mania?
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Mania, and takes Lamotrigine)
Having bad stress on Abilify at 2mg. I feel like I still need it for mania buy it don't think it should making me agitated and I'm having that effect.
- Taking geodon, lamictal and clonapan. feeling anxious, head throbbing, general weird, dizzy feeling. could it be caused by mixing theses meds?
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Bipolar,, Depression - Chronic, and takes Lamictal, Geodon, Klonopin)
Dr has me on theses 3 meds for depression and to ward off mania. I've only had one manic period in 6 years but suffer from chronic depression. Lately I've been diagnosed with a protruding disc in my neck. I am doing therapy. My hand and arm will go numb, shoulder hurts terribly,. I've just started f ...
- Does latuda cause hives? if so, how long to appear?
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Rash Generalised, and takes Latuda, Risperdal, Vitamin D)
Taking Benadryl and it seems to be working but outbreak in different areas still occurring.
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lamictal and eyes being gooey.
(Posted by a 39 year old woman who has Eye Discharge, and takes Lamictal)
While taking this medication, I experienced eye goo, sometimes stringing across my eye. Occasionally it would dry overnight and becoming crusty. I took this medication for over a year and the doctor kept prescribing me medication for conjunctivitis. When I finally stopped taking this medication, ...
- Restless leg syndrome exasporation while on lovastatim.
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder, Increase Of Restless Leg Syndromeg, and takes Lovastatin)
I have been taking Lovastatin for 4 months and have had an increase in my Restless Leg Syndrome. It usually acts up in the afternoon when I'm relaxing. The symptoms seem to go away with rhythmic movement of the affected leg. Usually it is in only one leg at a time. I have also noted a fine tremo ...
- Lamotrigine and indigestion
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Indigestion,constipation, and takes Lamotrigine)
I started taking Lamotrigine about a month or two ago. I think it has alleviated my depression somewhat but it has also been causing me pretty severe gastric and intestinal problems. I wake up every morning with indigestion/ and pressure in my stomach, I also have constipation I have gone several da ...
- Bipolar patient extremely violent on seraquel
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Bipolar, and takes Seroquel)
I have been diagnosed bipolar for over 10 years. 3 years ago I was taken off of topamax and my seraquel was upped to 300 mg from 100 because I was pregnant. I was very violent! Punching, breaking stuff, in jail, in the psych ward. Yes pregnancy and bipolar are not a perfect combination. I too thoug ...
- Buspar doesn't help anxiety and causes anger
(Posted by a 11 year old boy who has Severe Anxiety Disorder, Anxiety In Children, and takes Buspar)
My child has severe anxiety disorder the physchotrist said he has every type of anxity he started taking buspar last year it hasn't helped his anxiety at all but it makes him severly angeryhtalked to his new dr and she said he is no longer going to be taking buspar thank God this medication should n ...
Related drug interaction studies:
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Lamictal for Bipolar Disorder reported by 754 people (updated 21 hours ago)
- Risperdal for Bipolar I Disorder reported by 42 people (updated 2 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Bipolar Disorder (81 drugs in 3,271 reports) (updated 3 days ago)
- Bipolar I Disorder (64 drugs in 1,816 reports) (updated 1 week ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Lamictal, Prozac for a patient with ADHD, Birth Control, Mood Disorder, Depression. The patient has Mood Swings, Headache, Confusion Aggravated, Absence Seizure, Fainting
Comments: Lamictal was doubled and during menses, the episodes started
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Hydroxyzine, Risperidone for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Tourette Syndrome. The patient has Hematuria
Comments: First time dark brown hematuria twice then cleared up then 6days later red hematuria twice then cleared up again no pain either time
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness)
Comments: Fatigued even after taking 200mg of Provigil, unable to work or function at work. Lethargy
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Dry Eye (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I have been experiencing symptoms of dry eye, stinging and burning and dryness in my eyes for 10 years shortly after being put on lamictal. I'm trying to see if there is anyone else who has experienced this.
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Buspirone Hydrochloride for a patient with Meniere's Disease, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Palpitations
Comments: Only happens occasionally. More when I am active. But sometimes just sitting. All the time when using computer or watching television. There are just days where I cannot even look at a computer screen for even 1 minute. Very frustrating. Palpitations are annoying and inconvenient.
Common symptoms:Women of age 30-39 with Bipolar Disorder:
- Rashes (453 reports)
- Weight increased (417 reports)
- Type 2 diabetes (393 reports)
- Diabetes (347 reports)
- Insomnia (324 reports)
- Nausea (288 reports)
- High blood cholesterol (285 reports)
- Depression (276 reports)
- Fatigue (249 reports)
- Stress and anxiety (240 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.