vesicare, Lasix for a 98-year old woman
Summary: 44 female patients aged 98 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is a personalized study for a 98 year old female patient who has Loss Of Bladder Control, Low Blood Pressure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Vesicare (latest outcomes from 7,641 users) has active ingredients of solifenacin succinate. It is often used in urge incontinence.
Lasix (latest outcomes from 95,312 users) has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention.
What are the conditions
Loss of bladder control (cannot control the urine) (latest reports from 18,158 patients) can be treated by Vesicare, Oxybutynin Chloride, Detrol La, Enablex, Flomax, Toviaz.
Low blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) (latest reports from 107,363 patients) can be treated by Atenolol, Lisinopril, Midodrine Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Toprol-xl, Amlodipine Besylate.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 44 females aged 93 (±5) who take vesicare, Lasix are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Loss Of Bladder Control, Low Blood Pressure
- vesicare (solifenacin succinate): used for 2 - 5 years
- Lasix - 40MG (furosemide): used for 2 - 5 years
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Atrial Fibrillation||Gamma-glutamyltransferase Increased||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Pain|
|Drug Ineffective||Gait Disturbance||Acute Myocardial Infarction|
|Acute Myocardial Infarction||Atrial Fibrillation|
|Respiratory Arrest||Multiple Injuries|
|Duodenal Ulcer Haemorrhage||Urinary Tract Infection|
|General Physical Health Deterioration||Cystocele|
|Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased||Rheumatoid Arthritis|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Loss Of Bladder Control
- support group for people who have Low Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who take Vesicare
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What are you using to treat esophageal spasm
(Asked by a 98 year old woman who has Difficulty Eating. Spits Up What Seems To Be Mucous., and takes Lisinopril, Nexium, Coumadin, Lasix, Hydrochlorothiazide, Digoxin, Multivitamin, Amlodipine)
Very difficult to eat food. Once eats most times type of mucous is spit up, almost choking. At that point cannot swallow any more. Slowly sips water - and that seems to help. Doctor diagnosis was esophageal spasm. Barium swallow showed what doctor calls a "pocket" in her throat. Dr. prescribed ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Heavy sweating during sleep
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Stent 3 Years Ago RCA, Heart Attack, Prostate Infection, Fractures Nonunion, Tachycardia, Low Blood Pressure, Sweating - Excessive, and takes Saw Palmetto Berry, Valium, Norco, Soma)
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use). Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Nexium and feeling cold
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, High Blood Pressure, Overactive Bladder, and takes Nexium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vesicare, Vitamin B12, Tramadol)
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater. I also was extremely nauseated at the same time. About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease
(Posted by a 84 year old woman who has COPD, IBS, PAD, Kidney Disease, High Blood Pressure, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Amlodipine, Aspirin, Furosemide, Lovastatin, Miralax)
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
Related drug interaction studies:
- Vesicare and Lasix drug interactions (504 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Vesicare for Loss Of Bladder Control reported by 69 people (updated 2 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Loss Of Bladder Control (16 drugs in 246 reports) (updated 4 weeks ago)
- Low Blood Pressure (45 drugs in 363 reports) (updated 1 day ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Lasix, Coreg, Morphine Sulfate, Halcion, Xarelto for a patient with Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Failure, Pain, Sedation, Prevent Strokes. The patient has Congestive Heart Failure
Comments: She was doing well until March 12, 2014, when she had respiratory problems, then she had a stroke that hit her cerebellum, from that point on she was switched to zerelto from plavix, she declined, having UTI's , then hospice came in and she declined even more rapidly, she had sundowners effect, and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benazepril Hydrochloride, Coreg, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Eliquis for a patient with Hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure - Left, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Pulmonary Oedema Aggravated, Paroxysmal Arrhythmia
Comments: I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix. I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lasix, Cephalexin for a patient with Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Injection Site Reaction. The patient has Corneal Ulcers And Infections
Comments: swollen hand, open and scabbed sores on legs. smaller red dots all over top and bottom of legs,pain,swollen legs and feet, itching.
- A study of drug interactions between Vesicare, Plavix, Lisinopril, Singulair, Atorvastatin Calcium for a patient with Bladder Discomfort, Stroke Symptom, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Allergy, Blood Cholesterol Decreased. The patient has Weight Loss - Unintentional
Comments: Difficult to determine why I am on these drugs. Told they are for prevention.
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Furosemide, Modafinil, Symbicort for a patient with Thyroid Cancer, Fluid Retention, Narcolepsy, Copd. The patient has Memory Loss
Comments: i have noticed very poor concentration and over the top memory loss in the past few months. i was cooking yesterday and forgot and almost burned my house down. i recently started the symbicort twice in the morning and twice in the evening for mild copd and bronchicial issues.
Common symptoms:Women of age 60+ with Loss Of Bladder Control:
- Dry mouth (102 reports)
- Constipation (81 reports)
- Dizziness (71 reports)
- Urinary incontinence (61 reports)
- Nausea (56 reports)
- Fall (56 reports)
- High blood pressure (54 reports)
- Blood pressure management (54 reports)
- Urinary tract infection (53 reports)
- Depression (44 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.