What could cause Neuropathy Peripheral for a 60-year old man?
This is a personalized study for a 60 year old male patient who has Hypertension. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 165 male patients aged 60 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Lisinopril (latest outcomes from 99,102 users) has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Inderal la (latest outcomes from 1,391 users) has active ingredients of propranolol hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Indapamide (latest outcomes from 6,511 users) has active ingredients of indapamide. It is often used in high blood pressure.
What are the conditions
Hypertension (high blood pressure) (latest reports from 1,152,135 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Diovan, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate.
What is the symptom
Neuropathy peripheral (surface nerve damage) (latest reports from 203,834 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 165 males aged 55 (±5) who take Lisinopril, Inderal La, Indapamide are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
- Lisinopril (lisinopril): used for 2 - 5 years
- Inderal La - 120MG (propranolol hydrochloride): used for 10+ years
- Indapamide - 1.25MG (indapamide): used for 5 - 10 years
Drug interactions have: moderate neuropathy peripheral
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage)||8 (4.85% of males aged 55 (±5) who take the drugs)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom (click a symptom for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Neuropathy Peripheral in Hypertension||103 (0.51% of males aged 55 (±5) who have Hypertension)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect (click a side effect for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Neuropathy Peripheral in Lisinopril||117 (1.06% of males aged 55 (±5) who take Lisinopril)|
|Neuropathy Peripheral in Inderal La||1 (1.39% of males aged 55 (±5) who take Inderal la)|
|Neuropathy Peripheral in Indapamide||1 (0.19% of males aged 55 (±5) who take Indapamide)|
Drug effectiveness over time :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Lisinopril is effective||n/a||0.00%|
(0 of 1 people)
(1 of 1 people)
(0 of 1 people)
|Inderal La is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||100.00%|
(1 of 1 people)
(1 of 2 people)
|Indapamide is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||100.00%|
(1 of 1 people)
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Lower Limb Fracture||Gynaecomastia||Parkinson's Disease||Blood Pressure Increased||Rash||Myocardial Infarction||Gynaecomastia||Myocardial Infarction|
|Joint Injury||Musculoskeletal Chest Pain||Headache||Neuropathy Peripheral||Oedema Peripheral||Neuropathy Peripheral||Completed Suicide|
|Fall||Musculoskeletal Stiffness||Arteriosclerosis||Cardiac Arrest|
|Thrombosis||Mobility Decreased||Emotional Distress||Pruritus|
|Weight Increased||Cardiac Arrest||Blood Cholesterol Increased||Diabetes Mellitus|
|Decreased Appetite||Headache||Chest Pain||Sclerosing Encapsulating Peritonitis|
|Constipation||Blood Pressure Increased||Musculoskeletal Discomfort||Flushing|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Inderal La and have Neuropathy Peripheral
- support group for people who take Indapamide and have Neuropathy Peripheral
- support group for people who have Hypertension
- support group for people who have Neuropathy Peripheral
- support group for people who take Indapamide
- support group for people who take Inderal La
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it safe to take propranolol with korean ginseng?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who takes Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Is it safe to take Propranolol with Korean Ginseng?
- Could any of the following drugs cause bullous pemphigoid
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Diabetic, Bullous Pemphigoid , and takes Lisinopril, Metformin, Victoza)
I have not developed blisters, just hives. I have been tested for most common allergies and appear not to have allergies. I have seen some descriptions on line and with drugs that seem t indicate a relation between these drugs and Bullous pemphigoid, but I have not been able to find more than a lin ...
- Can fever be caused by parkinson's disease
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Sleepiness - During The Day, Shaking Hands, Feeling Of Being Pulled Backwords, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Hand Grasping , Hand Tremor, Extremely Short Term Memory Loss, Slow Thought Expression, Intermittent Low Grade Fever, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Lasix, Eplerenone)
I have had 2 attacks which included: Intermittent Low Grade Fever, Hand Tremor, Hand Grasping , and Feelings Of Worthlessness. I have osteopenia and chronic liver cirrhosis.
- I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Thrashing And Kicking Nightmares, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac, Ginkgo Biloba, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Potassium Chloride, Beta Glucans, Ashwagandha, Garlic Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin C, Coenzyme Q10, Ginseng, Melatonin, Salmon Oil, Slo-Niacin, Zinc Sulfate, Probiotic, Glycine, Grape Seed, Chromium Picolinate, SEANOL, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Multivitamin)
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
- I'm an adult and suffer fro hypospadius that was never corrected, does anyone know of any natural medication that will help symptoms?
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Hypospadias, and takes Lisinopril)
I can barely urinate and it's very painful. Even though my penis looks normal, it is mostly always sore. It does, however , have the tendency to get better at certain times for no reason that I know of and almost feels normal. I'm not sure at my age if I should have the surgery. I would settle for ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Amlo dipine and terazosin
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, BPH, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride, Amlodipine Besylate)
I have taken combination since 04/13 I have experienced ED lower testosterone and elevated PSA. Prior to that I was taking terazosin and hydrochorizide without any side effects. I stop taking the amlodipine during a juice fast and my PSA levels decreased when I stopped fasting and returned to taking ...
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar 2, and takes Mirtazapine, Implanon, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta)
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started. My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
Related drug interaction studies:
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Lisinopril for Hypertension reported by 3,524 people (updated 11 hours ago)
- Inderal La for Hypertension reported by 22 people (updated 2 days ago)
- Indapamide for Hypertension reported by 64 people (updated 11 hours ago)
In-depth study of side effects (who have it, when it happens and how):
- Neuropathy Peripheral in Lisinopril reported by 1,007 people (updated 23 hours ago)
- Neuropathy Peripheral in Inderal La reported by 8 people (updated 4 months ago)
- Neuropathy Peripheral in Indapamide reported by 25 people (updated 3 months ago)
In-depth study of symptoms:
- Neuropathy Peripheral in Hypertension reported by 1,013 people (updated 1 day ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Hypertension (243 drugs in 22,764 reports) (updated 11 hours ago)
Drugs associated with:
Conditions associated with:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Heart Rate
Comments: I am also on Lisinipril (20 mg) once daily. Please note: I first started having rapid heart rate about 4 months ago. It began after being prescribed Clonidine (0.1mg twice daily). I would have fluttering and very rapid heart beat that lasted sometimes 3 or more hours. I was on Clonidine for 2 1/2 mo ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Probiotic, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Multivitamin, Aspirin, Calcium Citrate, Meloxicam, Exelon, Nexium, Lantus, Novolog, Escitalopram, Lisinopril for a patient with Allergy To Plants, Cats/dogs Dander, Trees And Grasses, Chronic Pain, Intestinal Health Increase Healthy Bacteria Destroyed By Aspartame, Joint Stiffness, For Women Over 50, No Iron,need Lutein,etc., Preventative, Osteopenia, Stiffness In A Joint, Dementia, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Chronic Pain, Osteoarthritis Aggravated, Dementia Due To Other General Medical Condition, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus Aggravated, Depression, High Blood Pressure
Comments: Diabetes Mellitus, insulin dependent for 53 years, brittle. Chronic pain due to needing bone graph in femur/hip joint due to femur fracture 5 years ago which surgery did not properly repair--chronic bone deterioration in that left femur, lumbar spinal stenosis-awaiting surgery to L4/L5 slipped/rupt ...
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Proventil, Acthar, Methotrexate, Lisinopril, Clonazepam, Risperdal, Adderall for a patient with Bronchial Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension, Anxiety, Bipolar, Add. The patient has Throat Tightness, Liver Tenderness, Vaginal Swelling, Constipation, Abdominal Tenderness, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Urge Incontinence, Weakness, Night Sweats, Shortness Of Breath, Yellow Fever, Yellow Skin, Chest Tightness, Cough, Inflammation, Bronchitis, Fluid Retention
Comments: I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results ...
- A study of drug interactions between Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Migraine. The patient has Eyelid Twitch
Comments: I started taking amoxotine only 10mg per day to build up slowly. After 3 days I developed a eyelid twitch of the left eyelid which I did not at first connect to the medication as I could not see anything about this within the list of side effects. The twitching got worse and more frequent on a dai ...
Common symptoms:Men of age 60+ with Hypertension:
- High blood pressure (4,204 reports)
- Blood pressure management (4,204 reports)
- Dizziness (3,816 reports)
- Hypotension (3,710 reports)
- Breathing difficulty (3,668 reports)
- Renal failure acute (3,377 reports)
- Weakness (3,254 reports)
- Diarrhea (2,730 reports)
- Fatigue (2,671 reports)
- Pneumonia (2,511 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.